Docs: TV drama perpetuates autism myth (AP)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 2:22 pm

Docs: TV drama perpetuates autism myth

By LINDSEY TANNER, AP Medical Writer
Tue Jan 29, 2:43 PM ET

CHICAGO - The nation's largest pediatricians' group says ABC should cancel the first episode of a new series because it perpetuates the myth that vaccines can cause autism.

ABC's new drama, "Eli Stone," debuts on Thursday. It features British actor Jonny Lee Miller as a prophet-like lawyer who in the opening episode argues in court that a flu vaccine made a child autistic. When it is revealed in court that an executive at the fictional vaccine maker didn't allow his own child to get the shot, jurors side with the family, giving them a huge award.

The show's co-creators say they're not anti-vaccine and would be upset if parents chose not to immunize their children after seeing the show

more...

- Emerson

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 2:47 pm

A story of mythic proportions topic

If the MMR vaccine causes Autism, themn why do I live on the Spectrum? There was the DPT vaccine and Smallpox innoculations and I am certainly glad I received them. I would have rather not suffered from measles, mumps and rubella. And what about chicken pox? All three of my NT children had the MMR, but they all got chiclken pox as the vaccine didn't come out until late 1999 or 2000, after the two youngest had already recovered from it.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo