Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 7:22 am

Jonathan Wynne-Jones in the Sunday Telegraph wrote:
Husbands with multiple wives have been given the go-ahead to claim extra welfare benefits following a year-long Government review, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=EXLF404N5UHC5QFIQMFCFF4AVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2008/02/03/nbenefit103.xml

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2008, 7:28 am

It is sad that I can no longer recognise the country I was born in.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Feb 2008, 7:57 am

I dont see this as a problem.

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2008, 8:04 am

Tensho wrote:
I dont see this as a problem.

Bigamy is a crime in the UK for starters - so by that why give people money for comitting a crime?, the government is labelling millions of people on incapacity benefits as layabouts that should be back at work and yet we give more tax money to people who shouldnt be claiming - if that isnt a problem now it will be soon.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Feb 2008, 8:21 am

Bigamy is a religion issue. I am not religious and dont see that people having multiple partners as a problem. I know there is too many people claiming benefits who shouldnt but this is an issue of society and seperate from religion.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 11:10 am

I don't think multiple wives are as common as all that. It happens, but the Koran says you have to be able to take care of them all. Or so I've heard..

psych
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 12:40 pm

zebedee wrote:
Bigamy is a crime in the UK for starters

maybe it shouldnt be...

Io
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2008, 12:58 pm

I saw this coming way back. The UK and other European countries were sufficiently dhimmitized quite some time ago. Most people don't have the broader perspective to see this as a part of the bigger problem that it is.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 1:39 pm

This is their thoughts on our dear old Union Jack:

They want to annihilate Britain.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 1:40 pm

Tequila wrote:

Bastards!

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 2:25 pm

ascan wrote:
Jonathan Wynne-Jones in the Sunday Telegraph wrote:
Husbands with multiple wives have been given the go-ahead to claim extra welfare benefits following a year-long Government review, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=EXLF404N5UHC5QFIQMFCFF4AVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2008/02/03/nbenefit103.xml

So they have at least three adults in their household and none of them want to work? I don't know why anyone would want to work anyway when you can get everything from the government for free if you don't.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 3:07 pm

Tequila wrote:

Do you honestly think that reflects the views of most british muslims?

Or is it more likely that for the most part they are much the same as most british christians - not fundamentalist at all, or even particularly religious - they just do certain rituals out of habit and find comfort in the sense of community and peaceful atmosphere that you find in most places of worship (whether they happen to be called churches,mosques... or whatever)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 3:11 pm

psych wrote:
that you find in most places of worship (whether they happen to be called churches,mosques... or whatever)

For most people it's pubs.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 6:02 pm

if you think they're bad about the Brits, you should see how they feel about us...;)

But we have Mormons who do the same thing (though not as many as you'd think...;) but they're too busy working to collect Welfare...;)

But it's still illegal...

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 12:12 am

psych wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Do you honestly think that reflects the views of most british muslims?

yes.

All Muslims believe the Koran is the infallible word of God (otherwise they are not Muslims) which says repeatedly:
The Koran wrote:

[3.28] Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
[3.118] O you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people; they do not fall short of inflicting loss upon you; they love what distresses you; vehement hatred has already appeared from out of their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater still; indeed, We have made the communications clear to you, if you will understand.
[4.76] Those who believe fight in the way of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the way of the Shaitan. Fight therefore against the friends of the Shaitan; surely the strategy of the Shaitan is weak.
[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.
[4.144] O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 1:19 am

^^^ You could probably have found contradictory or contextual passages, if you were so inclined ;)

Quote:
2:190 Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

dispelling myths about violence in the quran