Living with tantrums autism and PTSD and personality

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 1:14 am

this is just another article that proves that autism is not because of vaccinations or whatever. PTSD and personality disorder I believe is causing autism.....

Living with tantrums

For children with mental disorders, outbursts can mean more than misbehavior

Rowan, whose outbursts can happen as many as three or four times a week or as little as once a week, is one of hundreds of children in Jackson County with explosive episodes often caused by disorders such as autism or post traumatic stress disorder.

Jackson County Mental Health serves about 100 children with oppositional defiant disorder, about 100 with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and 120 with post-traumatic stress disorder, some of the conditions associated with explosive outbursts and meltdowns.

view article

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 1:36 am

oh! I knew those people!!
thanks, JayDog!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 11:50 am

Interesting article but even more informative for me was reading some of the responses from people who had supposedly read the article....some of them literally made me feel like throwing up from the lack on understanding(theory of mind?), compassion or ability to "reason". The person that said "spank,spank,spank" and then complained about what society has become....well I couldn't agree more....we certainly have raised a generation of animals, but they aren't the autistics but these type of narrow minded morons.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 12:40 pm

krex wrote:
Interesting article but even more informative for me was reading some of the responses from people who had supposedly read the article....some of them literally made me feel like throwing up from the lack on understanding(theory of mind?), compassion or ability to "reason". The person that said "spank,spank,spank" and then complained about what society has become....well I couldn't agree more....we certainly have raised a generation of animals, but they aren't the autistics but these type of narrow minded morons.

Too true. Autistic kids dont generally gather in gangs on street corners. They dont tend to sit at bus stops drinking cheap cider underage. They dont tend to beat people to death for as little as a look or a hairstyle. In fact, autistic kids are surely some of the best behaved of children, per event.