Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 10:57 pm

Army probes online photos of war dead

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5884584.html

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 9:32 am

So is the problem that they disrespected enemy remains, or that they took photos while doing it and embarrassed the brass?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 5:40 pm

Pictures of dead enemy combatents have been a powerful tool to boost morale in past wars, so what's the big deal now that the dead enemies aren't even protected by the Geneva Convention?

Last edited by Sean on 22 Oct 2005, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

lenny77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: Hamburg, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, ???

21 Oct 2005, 5:57 pm

i remember the howling of american officials when american POW's were presented in al jazeera.
NO further comment on such idiocy...

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 3:21 am

sean, we've had the discussion about pictures of dead terrorists before - please remove the offensive content.

allowing people dignity in death is civilised. treating people with this sort of disdain is barabaric, whichever way round it goes.

Vivi
(as Mod)

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 3:37 am

I'm assuming you are talking about the second scentence I had since the remaining one is about government policies.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 3:44 am

yep - thank you for the edit, sean.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 4:12 am

In this war Sean war dead cause problems in print on the internet or on tv. This war is a little different than any wars prior. We have to live with that.

lenny77

Location: Hamburg, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, ???

22 Oct 2005, 5:42 pm

kevv729 wrote:
In this war Sean war dead cause problems in print on the internet or on tv. This war is a little different than any wars prior. We have to live with that.

no, we don't have to!
what we have now is real existing and unstoppable imperialism

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 3:19 am

lenny77

I think America has not been so imperialist as some of the former world powers have been it the past.

America is not trying to control any one nation on this world today as some have done in the past also too.

I wonder if the world would see it different if the U.N. building would have fallen not the World Trade Center Towers.

lenny77

23 Oct 2005, 7:18 am

kevv729 wrote:
lenny77

I think America has not been so imperialist as some of the former world powers have been it the past.

not yet. but theres no other world power since the breakdown of the soviet union.

kevv729 wrote:
lenny77
America is not trying to control any one nation on this world today as some have done in the past also too.

no. thats not necessary to control ressource like oil... you only have to install a "democratic" government and put in some ceo's of some us corporations.

kevv729 wrote:
lenny77
I wonder if the world would see it different if the U.N. building would have fallen not the World Trade Center Towers.

what do you want to tell me? to justify an imperialistic attack (and further attacks in the future that will definately come) with thw 9/11 tragedy is an insult and an abuse to the victims of that attacks!! i would be ashamed to bring up a question like you did.

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 8:26 am

kevv729 wrote:

It's hard to beat us in that; we painted half the world pink, but we also held parades and gave out medals to celebrate our hegemonic position, while you lot keep insisting that you're just trying to help the poor brown people and bring them democracy and civilisation. If you're going to rape people up the ass and bind them into economic slavery with the IMF and WTO, at least be honest that that's what you're doing. Get a white cat and a pool with sharks.

Unfortunately, we're doing it too, along with the rest of the developed world. Even the Chinese insist they 'liberated' Tibet and are going to 'Liberate' Taiwan, and it's the same in the developing world too; apparently Mugabe really has the well-being of the opposition-party supporters at heart when he bulldozes their homes. Whatever happened to being honest, proud tyrants and murderers? Revel in your 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians, tortured Tibetan monks and starving political opponents. It's at least more respectful than pretending it's for their benefit.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 9:17 am

amen to that.

except that i'd not use "you lot" - not everyone in the states agrees with what the government decides to do.

lenny77

23 Oct 2005, 11:22 am

vetivert wrote:
amen to that.

except that i'd not use "you lot" - not everyone in the states agrees with what the government decides to do.

i hope that. but i m afraid that "not everyone" is a minority :cry:

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 1:39 pm

lenny77

There has been many World Powers in the Past: The Roman Empire, Mogul Empire, British Empire; are a few from the past. They even ruled with a Bloody Iron Fist. Even they liked to control resources and its peoples too.

If the U.N. would have been the one targeted, the World would see terrorism differently for sure.

I was not trying to insult or abuse the victims of 9/11 or any victims in any future attack at all.

lenny77

23 Oct 2005, 1:58 pm

kevv729 wrote:
lenny77

There has been many World Powers in the Past: The Roman Empire, Mogul Empire, British Empire; are a few from the past. They even ruled with a Bloody Iron Fist. Even they liked to control resources and its peoples too.

If the U.N. would have been the one targeted, the World would see terrorism differently for sure.

I was not trying to insult or abuse the victims of 9/11 or any victims in any future attack at all.

ok than i misunderstood your text.
im not your opinion about the question "what would have happened, if the un were target..."
answer: iraq had nothing to do with 9/11attacks.

the attack and elimination of the taliban government was nessessary. the civil victims are just as innocent as the men and women in N.Y.! directly after the plane attack i knew that america would get into afghanistan.
but the "war agaist terror" in iraq is a big fat lie for Image (oil)! !! !

what about sudan? no ressources, eh? north korea either, only some radical but hungry charlies...
get into iran? only a question of time...