Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 9:08 am

A stunt like that will get you fired and maybe arrested. Seriously. :roll: :roll:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 4:10 pm

slowmutant wrote:
What if it had been your sink? Your restaurant?

I work in a restaurant, I've done/seen far worse. I might have capitalized on the free publicity by putting the kid in an online viral marketing campaign, I mean this made the NATIONAL news and cost no money, why not cash in?

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:32 am

He was in a dish sink ful, of soap and water--- the soap and water would have made him rather clean, I would think. But I'm sure that Burger King still does not want employees bathing while at work. If that's the worst thing that's ever happened there, they're lucky--- at least it was good "clean" fun. I once found a cockroach in my french fries at Burger King--- YUCK!
Still, you can't expect much from a bunch of minimum wage earners at a fast food place--- I worked at Taco Bell and at Wendy's when i was younger. Thank goodness we didn't have Youtube, or we all would have been fired and possibly arrested! We used to have guacamole and sour cream fights at Taco Bell. We locked one manager out at Wendy's and dumped a pail of water on him ( he seemed to enjoy the abuse) as he ran in the parking lot trying to find a window to climb in through. That's fast food life at it's best. We had so much fun--- I actually felt like "one of the gang" for once.

barcncpt44
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2008, 11:47 am

What the things people will do to get on you tube. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:53 am

It's a municipal health code violation. That particular Burger King could've lost its permit to operate.

One idiot jeopardized the jobs and paychecks of dozens of others just to get his sorry arse on YouTube.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:54 am

Dox47 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I work in a restaurant, I've done/seen far worse. I might have capitalized on the free publicity by putting the kid in an online viral marketing campaign, I mean this made the NATIONAL news and cost no money, why not cash in?

That's all beside the point, isn't it? How much outrageous bullsh*t would you personally tolerate from a surbordinate before you fired him? If there was money and esteem and reputation at stake?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 2:29 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

That's all beside the point, isn't it? How much outrageous bullsh*t would you personally tolerate from a surbordinate before you fired him? If there was money and esteem and reputation at stake?

I'd have fired the idjitt, then then person holding the camera, then the supervisor that let them both get away with it, and then everyone who knew about it before or during the event and did not report it or try to stop it. Then I'd have called my lawyer and sued each one of them for damages and lost revenue ... ten million US dollars ought to cover everything.

Then I'd hire them all back just to fire them all again.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 2:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I'd have fired the idjitt, then then person holding the camera, then the supervisor that let them both get away with it, and then everyone who knew about it before or during the event and did not report it or try to stop it. Then I'd have called my lawyer and sued each one of them for damages and lost revenue ... ten million US dollars ought to cover everything.

Do you work for Wal-Mart? That's the attitude of a Wal-Mart manager.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 2:49 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Fnord wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

My kind of people ... no wonder Wal-Mart is so successful!

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 2:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Fnord wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Yeah, keep prices low by purchasing cheap crappy imports from foreign countries and keep the people who do all the work at barely above McDonald's wages. Anyone get out of line? Just invent a story and fire and ban them!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 2:59 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Fnord wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Fnord wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Yeah, keep prices low by purchasing cheap crappy imports from foreign countries and keep the people who do all the work at barely above McDonald's wages. Anyone get out of line? Just invent a story and fire and ban them!

Why buy cheap, crappy imported goods when American labor can make the same goods just as cheaply and crappily right here?

No need to invent any stories. If the only job a person can get is at Wal-Mart, then how good of a worker can they be?

They're paid what their labors are worth.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 3:20 pm

Fnord wrote:

Little vindictive, aren't we? Fortunately, that kid will probably land on his feet, I'd hire somebody who gave me that story as to why he got fired from his last job. As said, why not reap some free publicity from it? Macdonald's ought to hire him to do some spoof commercials poking fun at BK, maybe do them internet only on the cheap. I really don't see the big deal here, he did something goofy in the store that really didn't harm anything, and wouldn't have even come to light if he hadn't publicized it. BK needs to lighten up a little, as do some of you that are posting here.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 3:35 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

What's so outrageous about taking a bath in the sink in the back, out of sight of the customers? I would have laughed along with everyone else, as it seems happened here. The problems started when the video made some publicity, and BK corporate got involved. Corporate employees all go through a stooge-i-fication process where their sense of humor is surgically removed, along with their balls, and a large and splintery stick is inserted into an uncomfortable place. Once you understand that process, their decisions seem obvious.

Anyway, true story: I was working in a chicken wing delivery joint in Denver one night, and the cook and another driver found some stand up advertisements (standees) that the GameCrazy next door had thrown out. The driver cut apart a Donkey Kong standee to make a mask and a giant fist, which he taped to himself. The cook fashioned a giant square box into sort of a suit, taped the head from another standee onto it, then attached a cape made out of tinfoil. For the finishing touch, the cook made a giant tinfoil schlong, and attached it to the front of the box with duct tape before putting on his homemade costume. The two of them then went out in the parking lot and chased each other, as well as random people who were there, around the lot for about 15 minutes, while my store's general manager attempted to videotape it while sitting on the curb laughing. We didn't post it to Youtube or anything, but the incident became legendary at that store. I spent the whole time literally rolling on the floor laughing, it was just so over the top. Fortunately, corporate never found out about "the incident", but I'm sure they would have been less amused than I if they had ever seen the tape...

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 11:05 am

A similar stunt at a firing range, perhaps? I know that's one thing you take seriously, Dox.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 3:18 pm

slowmutant wrote:
A similar stunt at a firing range, perhaps? I know that's one thing you take seriously, Dox.

What would be a similar stunt at a firing range? Taking a bath in the solvent tank? That would suck all of the moisture out of your body, and wouldn't feel too good... The reason I'm not taking this seriously is that it's not serious. The kid did nothing to endanger his customers, nothing to contaminate food, and nothing that really disrupted the work, such as it goes at fast food joints. BK is just embarrassed because of the Youtube publicity, and since giant corporations don't take embarrassment very well they felt the need to terminate everyone. Corporate stooges never understand the concept of employee morale very well, and how much bad morale can cost them in the long term. Turning a blind eye to the occasional goofy stunt wouldn't sink the company, and would go a long way towards improving their internal culture. Sadly, they are only focused on the short term, hence their response in this instance.

Last edited by Dox47 on 16 Aug 2008, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 7:27 pm

slowmutant wrote:

Someone's taking life a little too seriously, me thinks. 8)