Polar bears resort to cannibalism as Arctic ice shrinks

Page 5 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:37 pm

twoshots wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Oh, shit I must have forgot.. I'm not capable of providing substantial thoughts.. :roll:

Providing a critique of style when there are substantial points made with references is asinine.

And what did you do?.. you replaced one source for another and said it's more credible, only because it supports your own views.. I criticized your source and you said that's asinine.. it seems you're the one who's out of line.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:41 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
twoshots wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Oh, shit I must have forgot.. I'm not capable of providing substantial thoughts.. :roll:

Providing a critique of style when there are substantial points made with references is asinine.

And what did you do?.. you replaced one source for another and said it's more credible, only because it supports your own views.. I criticized your source and you said that's asinine.. it seems you're the one who's out of line.

Excuse me? My source actually cites is points and is significantly less polemic, and is written by experts in the field. The other one didn't cite a damn thing, and was from a car page.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:43 pm

twoshots wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
twoshots wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:

Excuse me? My source actually cites is points and is significantly less polemic, and is written by experts in the field. The other one didn't cite a damn thing, and was from a car page.

All sources are liable.. however, all sources may contain false information, such as the ones from your experts.. experts are the biggest liars, and you may defend them based on principle, but I abhor them for very good reason.. the world is saturated in lies and it comes from authority, and the experts, who are bought out..

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:44 pm

So let's resort to those who don't have a f*****g clue what they're talking about :wtg:

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:45 pm

Rather than experts who lie deliberately?.. yes, lets..

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 10:29 am

The retreat of polar ice is pretty simple to measure and verify. I don't think there is any doubt that most glaciers around the world are retreating and that ice floating on the Arctic Ocean covers less area and is thinner than it used to be. The idea that these changes in the ice have a negative effect on polar bears is not so controversial, either.

I would also add in the fact that many fish populations have dropped by 50% to 90%, which biologists agree is mostly from over-harvesting by factory ships that are very good at what they do - too good, in fact. Human induced changes to the ocean food chains has reduced herring populations dramatically and increased pollock somewhat - which is bad for seals. Fewer seals means fewer polar bears. But hey, its all good. Lets double the human population in the next 50 years. Or crash the planet trying.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 12:43 pm

monty wrote:
The retreat of polar ice is pretty simple to measure and verify. I don't think there is any doubt that most glaciers around the world are retreating and that ice floating on the Arctic Ocean covers less area and is thinner than it used to be. The idea that these changes in the ice have a negative effect on polar bears is not so controversial, either.

I would also add in the fact that many fish populations have dropped by 50% to 90%, which biologists agree is mostly from over-harvesting by factory ships that are very good at what they do - too good, in fact. Human induced changes to the ocean food chains has reduced herring populations dramatically and increased pollock somewhat - which is bad for seals. Fewer seals means fewer polar bears. But hey, its all good. Lets double the human population in the next 50 years. Or crash the planet trying.

I wouldn't worry about that.. no, most people will get sent to places like this and burn alive in some giant furnace...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-hvPJPTi4[/youtube]

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 12:54 pm

Global warming is good for the economy. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kqsuOxKFY[/youtube]

-Pythagoras

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 1:00 pm

Magnus wrote:
Global warming is good for the economy. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kqsuOxKFY[/youtube]

That makes me really sad.. it's pretty obvious how easy people are manipulated.. a little charm and humour goes a long long ways. Thanks for that.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 1:14 pm

I agree with you about weather control. I remember reading about 15 years ago that they were doing research on it and it looked very optimistic. They wanted to be able to produce rain. Now I can't find anything on it and it seems unlikely that they just stopped doing the research. To be able to control the weather would give the government god like power.

"My main source is my gut."

-Pythagoras

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 1:19 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:

I wouldn't worry about that.. no, most people will get sent to places like this and burn alive in some giant furnace...

More paranoid delusions. Railroad related companies have that kind of security as a normal practice - tall fences with barbed wire are used to keep graffitist and hobos out. One way turnstyles are used to allow people to exit without having to have a security guard on duty at all times. Security cameras are a normal part of a business concerned with theft and other crime. Windsocks are not only for helicopters, they are used for measuring windspeed and direction (railroads started systematically gathering weather data in the 1870s).

Here's a map of weather stations located on a rail line in Alaska. OH MAH GOSH - Wasilla is listed - Palin is working for THEM!! They try to hide their connections, but the truth comes out.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

Magnus wrote:
I agree with you about weather control. I remember reading about 15 years ago that they were doing research on it and it looked very optimistic. They wanted to be able to produce rain. Now I can't find anything on it and it seems unlikely that they just stopped doing the research. To be able to control the weather would give the government god like power.

Actually, they pretty much gave up on rainmaking. It was shown that it is sometimes possible to trigger a cloud to drop its rain if they hit it with seeding material (silver iodide, dry ice, etc). But not reliably. And when they need rainmaking most (extreme drought), the affected area is usually dominated by dry, high pressure air that doesn't have the necessary clouds.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:01 pm

twoshots wrote:
Not exactly a scholarly source. :roll:

Real climate gives the impression of being a decent source of information that does things like, y'know, provide citations.

The site I linked to does state some of it's sources. Amoung them is The Oregon Petition, which is signed by 18,000 professional scientists.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:04 pm

monty wrote:
Magnus wrote:

Actually, they pretty much gave up on rainmaking. It was shown that it is sometimes possible to trigger a cloud to drop its rain if they hit it with seeding material (silver iodide, dry ice, etc). But not reliably. And when they need rainmaking most (extreme drought), the affected area is usually dominated by dry, high pressure air that doesn't have the necessary clouds.

Wow.. you love filling people's heads with total bullshit.. according to google they haven't stopped.. don't you trust google?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4410309502

that's from 2006, which was only 2 years ago.. however, planes are still doing more of the same, if you have eyes, and can actually use them to process a visual.

I also happen to have the document which describes Agenda 21 specifically.. I don't know how to post it since it's a PDF file consisting of many pages. But if anyone wants it i can email it to them.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 3:37 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Wow.. you love filling people's heads with total bullshit.. according to google they haven't stopped.. don't you trust google?

Only a nitwit would say that Google is making that claim - you are linking to another flake video, except in this case, it was not posted on YouTube, it was posted on Google Video. News Flash!: Google Video is a service where anybody can post anything (although they may remove it if there are complaints about copyright violation or hate speech). Google Video is just like You Tube, just as Pepsi is just like Coke (although Pepsi has a bit more sugar). Google has not investigated and verified this video. They don't care one way or the other, as long as the videos bring people in and expose them to Google's advertising. But thanks for trying.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 3:55 pm

Any excuse to waft away the claim, eh? you desperate desperate man.. fine, whether google put it up or not, I don't really give a rat's poop. The point is, weather control is the reality of the situation.

And I don't know what the deal is with that map you posted.. so what?.. a map?.. that tells me what? that old train tracks run all over the place?.. duhh.. if you had of actually watched that video, you would see true logic at its best.. it was a concentration camp, end of story.. you probably watched 1 minute of it, how overly typical.. one of the trains that is showed on the train track in the video had military written on it.. so yeah, I'm sure it's just an old train track.. newly renevated old train track..