Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 8:00 am

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... year-old/1

So sad! I was bullied during school today and STILL get it as an adult! When do people grow up? I went to school to listen to the teacher and do my assignments. I didn't go to school to pick on other kids. I'm sure the bullies parents will protect their kids. Parents needs to grow up too. I hope the bullies get expelled from school or get jail time. Let the bullies be in jail with adult men and see how they feel. :x

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 8:16 am

I was really bothered by this story as well. We used to live near S. Hadley, Massachusetts, and thought that it was a nice place. Now I'm glad that we moved -- we were very close to buying a house there. Makes me shudder, just to think of it. I feel so sorry for this girl and her family.

Nick_Raven
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2010, 10:16 am

luvsterriers wrote:
Let the bullies be in jail with adult men and see how they feel. :x

Well, these are girls. They'd be in the women's prison if you go that route....somebody's [], if you get my drift.

And what kills me is that these girls are acting without any sort of sense of culpability. It's as if they *know* nothing will be done to them. I wonder if the parents will press charges. They really should.

People need to learn that behaviour like this *will* garner them consequences. Impunity for bullying needs to cease.

"Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire." -- Patti Smith

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 10:18 am

Only a song can describe, how I feel about this.

Such a Shame - The Kinks
Written by Ray Davies - Mick on lead vocals

All the good times have all been in vain,
It's a shame, such a shame, such a shame.

It's a shame,
'Cause I didn't wanna cause you any pain,
But I know that it wouldn't be the same

It's a shame,
'Cause I didn't intend to do you wrong,
I'd come back but it wouldn't last for long.
I would, if I could, but I can't.

It's a shame, such a shame,
'Cause I swore I'd never let you down,
But I was the one who was doing wrong,

'Cause I didn't intend to do you wrong,
I'd come back but it wouldn't last for long.
I would, if I could, but I can't.

It's a shame, such a shame,
'Cause I swore I'd never let you down,
But I was the one who was doing wrong,

'Cause I didn't wanna cause you any pain,
But I know that it wouldn't be the same

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 11:27 am

The cure to bullys..... a bullet to their brainpan. I am really starting to think the whole george a romero zombie was a TAKE THAT aimed at society. Yet its always the bullies that tend to get ahead for the most part too because of the whole "confidence and assertiveness" that I believe should be wiped from human nature. I already decided a while back to try not to reproduce, I consider it immoral to bring another life into existence because of the fact that that life will have to put up with so much BS.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 11:59 am

To make matters even worse:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100330/ap_ ... l_bullying

Nick_Raven
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2010, 12:41 pm

Well, evidently I was wrong. The teens who did this *are* being charged.

Criminal Charges Mark a New Seriousness About Bulling -- Boston Globe

And...

Da Charges 9 Teens in Girl's Bullying

"Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire." -- Patti Smith

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 2:21 pm

Forget Autism Speaks...how about Bullies Speaks. :evil:

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 2:53 pm

One of the things that may have caused the South Hadley teens to agressively torment Phoebe was the fact that Phoebe dated one of the South Hadley HS football players. One of Phoebe's tormentors was dating that football player and got upset that Phoebe was dating him. I think this reminds me of the preview of Jackie Chan's new movie "The Karate Kid" (NOT the Pat Morita films) and is likely to happen in life.

What also upsets me about the story is the high school officials who inexcusably failed to stop the bullying and severely discipline Phoebe's tormentors. I hope the court punishes the school officials just like they would punish doctors and nurses for medical malpractice or the wrongful death of a patient.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 2:59 pm

so why is this kids death the bully's fault? i mean the bully didnt kill the kid he took his own life. why is it when people kill themselves everyone looks for someone to blame. suicide is a very selfish act and should be seen as such. i cant make you kill yourself. that is all up to you. some people arent ment for this world, i believe darwin would call it a thinning of the herd. the weaker animals always die off.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 3:02 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
I already decided a while back to try not to reproduce, I consider it immoral to bring another life into existence because of the fact that that life will have to put up with so much BS.

I hope you change your mind. Yes, it IS an awful world we live in. But at the same time, we can teach our own children to deal decently with other people and help out their friends.

Something that bothers me about our culture (and the culture of bullying) is that we are taught to "mind our own business." But the truth is that the business of one person is the business of everyone, which means an entire community is affected--not just the poor girl who killed herself and her family, but the school (even though they won't be charged with anything, it's still a stain on them), the bullies themselves and THEIR families, and everyone else by extension.

I was bullied a lot throughout school, and I learned a few things from that. When I was on Ritalin, I got really aggressive and took up the attitude that I didn't care if I got hurt/killed. So the big kids that "owned" the school would push me around and I'd push back. I remember a couple of fights when I did some real damage to some of those "hard" types. But I was also smart enough to figure out that behavior wouldn't be tolerated, so I learned how to defuse situations or avoid them altogether. If there was a confrontation looming, I just made sure I was in the right place at the right time so that a teacher couldn't ignore what was happening. That got me through high school without having to prove anything.

So when I heard about those suburb school shootings (I was in college by this point), I wasn't a bit surprised. What I couldn't figure out is how those incidents even made it to the news headlines.

And that's when I figured out something else: I'll always have people who push me around and there's nothing I can do about it without taking a fall. Someone will always judge me for doing what I feel is right. But MAYBE I can keep a friend from being abused. I was talking with a girl once who told me how badly her boyfriend treated her (REALLY ugly stuff). She didn't really know how to get away from him, but she didn't care if the relationship fell apart. She just needed someone who would listen to and believe HER. We were casually talking in the college student union when he walks through (after he'd flunked out of school) and threatens to kill me if I don't leave immediately. I figured that was it, it was either me or her, and I wasn't about to let anything happen to her again--even if it means I have to be this guy's punching bag. She convinced me she could handle things, so I left. But basically that spelled the end of their relationship. I managed to hang onto her long enough that she didn't go back to him. After another scary incident, we finally decided to get the police involved and were lucky that we didn't have any more problems after that.

I took a lot of criticism from so-called friends and even one of my professors for what happened. But I've never "just let it go" since then. People say you should mind your own business. Well, what happens to my friends IS my business. I think if more children learned that early on, there'd be much less to worry about from situations like what happened to that girl.

I think even my son gets it, and he's only 2. We have to correct his 1-year-old sister, which just means a firm "no" or a firm tap on the wrist. The little guy reprimands US and says, "No! No hit BABY!" I really do believe that it's more than just repeating what we might have said to him a few times. He's genuinely concerned for the safety of his sister, and I really do hope to see that kind of caring, even if it's momentarily misplaced, carry over into later phases not just with his sister, but anyone he cares about.

And that's why I say avoiding children isn't the best answer. Seriously, why is it that only SMART people are using contraceptives? I say give the smart people all the support we can, tell them to go have fun, and slip birth control into these morons' food who are giving the rest of us so much grief. It might take 4, maybe 5 generations, but at least you can overpopulate with smart people and lessen the number of people genetically predisposed to stupid behavior.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 3:54 pm

I sense a lawsuit against the school brewing. The school has failed to comply with newly legislated regulations for school bullying in Massachusetts following the suicide of an 11-year-old boy last year. I sincerely hope the school gets the sh*t sued out of it for incompetence; and I hope the little b*****s that bullied this girl get their asses sued as well.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 4:33 pm

Man I know all too well the psychological crap you go through when bullied. It isn't easy to live with especially when you're having to experience it daily in school. You really do get to feeling that it's the end of life for you and that it's either that or death. Pretty sad public schools don't get tough on this. It took me years to realize I didn't have to deal with it once I graduated school and was out on my own.

That's pretty sad, this person obviously had their whole ahead of them and didn't even know it.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 5:02 pm

AngelRho wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
I already decided a while back to try not to reproduce, I consider it immoral to bring another life into existence because of the fact that that life will have to put up with so much BS.

I hope you change your mind. Yes, it IS an awful world we live in. But at the same time, we can teach our own children to deal decently with other people and help out their friends.

Something that bothers me about our culture (and the culture of bullying) is that we are taught to "mind our own business." But the truth is that the business of one person is the business of everyone, which means an entire community is affected--not just the poor girl who killed herself and her family, but the school (even though they won't be charged with anything, it's still a stain on them), the bullies themselves and THEIR families, and everyone else by extension.

I was bullied a lot throughout school, and I learned a few things from that. When I was on Ritalin, I got really aggressive and took up the attitude that I didn't care if I got hurt/killed. So the big kids that "owned" the school would push me around and I'd push back. I remember a couple of fights when I did some real damage to some of those "hard" types. But I was also smart enough to figure out that behavior wouldn't be tolerated, so I learned how to defuse situations or avoid them altogether. If there was a confrontation looming, I just made sure I was in the right place at the right time so that a teacher couldn't ignore what was happening. That got me through high school without having to prove anything.

So when I heard about those suburb school shootings (I was in college by this point), I wasn't a bit surprised. What I couldn't figure out is how those incidents even made it to the news headlines.

And that's when I figured out something else: I'll always have people who push me around and there's nothing I can do about it without taking a fall. Someone will always judge me for doing what I feel is right. But MAYBE I can keep a friend from being abused. I was talking with a girl once who told me how badly her boyfriend treated her (REALLY ugly stuff). She didn't really know how to get away from him, but she didn't care if the relationship fell apart. She just needed someone who would listen to and believe HER. We were casually talking in the college student union when he walks through (after he'd flunked out of school) and threatens to kill me if I don't leave immediately. I figured that was it, it was either me or her, and I wasn't about to let anything happen to her again--even if it means I have to be this guy's punching bag. She convinced me she could handle things, so I left. But basically that spelled the end of their relationship. I managed to hang onto her long enough that she didn't go back to him. After another scary incident, we finally decided to get the police involved and were lucky that we didn't have any more problems after that.

I took a lot of criticism from so-called friends and even one of my professors for what happened. But I've never "just let it go" since then. People say you should mind your own business. Well, what happens to my friends IS my business. I think if more children learned that early on, there'd be much less to worry about from situations like what happened to that girl.

I think even my son gets it, and he's only 2. We have to correct his 1-year-old sister, which just means a firm "no" or a firm tap on the wrist. The little guy reprimands US and says, "No! No hit BABY!" I really do believe that it's more than just repeating what we might have said to him a few times. He's genuinely concerned for the safety of his sister, and I really do hope to see that kind of caring, even if it's momentarily misplaced, carry over into later phases not just with his sister, but anyone he cares about.

And that's why I say avoiding children isn't the best answer. Seriously, why is it that only SMART people are using contraceptives? I say give the smart people all the support we can, tell them to go have fun, and slip birth control into these morons' food who are giving the rest of us so much grief. It might take 4, maybe 5 generations, but at least you can overpopulate with smart people and lessen the number of people genetically predisposed to stupid behavior.

I say forcefull removal of the reproductive organs of all the dumbasses who are too idiotic, preferably removal via rusty butter knife or spoon. But yeah. either that or force the stupid s**t to use contraceptives/birth control like ya said.

Ive already decided to not try to regain my hope for humanity, its just a really futile fight to even try.

I do get your point of why to reproduce, but as I said previously. Why put more people into the same situation, especially when you have already lost every bit of faith and hope in humanity.

No its not depression or anything, its just simply a conclusion ive come to.

And no, im not getting my 'junk fixed'. Im smart enough to know that maybe, just maybe i will want some later on.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2010, 6:09 pm

Nick_Raven wrote:
Well, evidently I was wrong. The teens who did this *are* being charged.

Criminal Charges Mark a New Seriousness About Bullying -- Boston Globe

And...

Da Charges 9 Teens in Girl's Bullying

Those links don't work. Try this:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/edito ... _bullying/

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 6:13 pm

People HAVE been calling for action against the school. There was to be a protest meeting outside of the school which I had planned to attend, but was canceled due to heavy snow. The protest called for the resignations of both the principal, and the superintendent. There's a LOT of coverage where I live(2 towns away from South Hadley, but I won't say which towns) about this whole mess.
Why people turn a blind eye, I blame the "NT condition", where taking action can have consequences on one's social networking. These networks that NTs make are fragile, and people can wind up trapped by it.
That's my theory anyway.