Homosexuals should carry warning tattoos, says chaplain

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 3:26 am

Homosexuals should carry warning tattoos, says chaplain
A Church of England clergyman has said that homosexuals should be tattooed with health warnings similar to those seen on cigarette packets

Quote:
The Rev Dr Peter Mullen, who is rector of St Michael’s Cornhill and St Sepulchre without Newgate in the City, said in an internet blog that homosexuality was "clearly unnatural, a perversion and corruption of natural instincts and affections, and because it is a cause of fatal disease".

He wrote: "Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan SODOMY CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH and their chins with FELLATIO KILLS." :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Bishop of London, the Rt Rev Richard Chartres, said the posting, which has since been taken down, was "highly offensive". The Rev Mullen, 66, was told on Friday that he could face disciplinary action.

Peter Tatchell of gay rights group OutRage! said he should resign.

The rector, who has written for The Daily Telegraph, insisted that he meant no harm: "I wrote some satirical things on my blog and anybody with an ounce of sense of humour or any understanding of the tradition of English satire would immediately assume that they’re light-hearted jokes."

Mr Mullen is also listed as the chaplain to the London Stock Exchange. However, an LSE spokesman said it was a historical title. "There are no formal links between us and him in any way."

I lol'd at this :D

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 3:35 am

So should heterosexuals carry a warning lable, "proper use can cuase pregnacy?"

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 3:47 am

Sorry, I'm still laughing that he's called a rector, and he's talking about gays... rector? Geddit?
Nah, of course you don't...

Oh! I know! Let's tatto zealots while we're at it!

WARNING: MAY SPEW VITRIOLIC GARBAGE or WARNING: MAY BE IRRATIONAL AND UNINTELLIGABLE,
better still WARNING: MAY NOT REALISE IT IS NO LONGER 846 C.E!

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Oct 2008, 5:46 am

Dear church guy.

Please get off my team.

That is all.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 5:51 am

I will agree to get those tattoos if he agrees to have pedophile tattooed on all the priests foreheads and child molester on their hands.

Tim_UK
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2008, 5:58 am

YMCA community service it is.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 6:50 am

philosopherBoi wrote:
I will agree to get those tattoos if he agrees to have pedophile tattooed on all the priests foreheads and child molester on their hands.

Not all priests are pedophiles and child-molesters. Not all homosexuals carry HIV.

That was a bit of satire, I think.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 7:05 am

slowmutant wrote:
philosopherBoi wrote:

Not all priests are pedophiles and child-molesters. Not all homosexuals carry HIV.

That was a bit of satire, I think.

I know not all priests are pedophiles, I was making a joke at his expense.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 7:07 am

Eggman wrote:
So should heterosexuals carry a warning lable, "proper use can cuase pregnacy?"

Not a bad idea. :D

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 2:47 pm

Un-be-liveable. I mean, this is literally, like how they had Jews wear big yellow Stars of David on their coats during WW2.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 3:00 pm

That is exactly what they did in nazi death camp's, wtf is going though this guys head.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 3:01 pm

Gays were forced by the Nazi regime to wear a pink triangle on their clothing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 4:00 pm

And then there was another radical Christian group, the Puritans, who forced people to wear scarlet letters.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 6:12 pm

Cyberman wrote:
And then there was another radical Christian group, the Puritans, who forced people to wear scarlet letters.

Hey weren't the pilgrims part of that group?

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 6:17 pm

No, contrary to popular belief, they were two different groups, but they both came from England.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 6:18 pm

If this plan ever was carried out it's most likely that the silly warning labels would progress into other labels besides the homosexual. For example, when Germany was under the regime of Hitler it went onto other peoples besides the Jews like Gypsies, Slavic people, Homosexuals, those who were disabled, minority religions, political people, etc. and so on. One reason I despise any forms of extremism.

I just can't picture though why it would be a great idea that the tatoo be on the lower back side. You'd have to look mighty near the buttocks to see that. :lol: