Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 4:56 am

A Sacramento-area church is drawing the faithful and the curious for an unusual sight that some are calling a miracle.

In front of the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church on Jackson Road stands a statute of the Virgin Mary. The figure appears to be crying tears of blood. The tears streak down the left side of her face and onto the bodice of her garment.

Church parishioners first reported seeing the red teardrops last Wednesday.

Observers are interpreting the phenomenon in various ways. Some say Mary is crying for all of the tragic events in the world. Others see it as a premonition of what the future holds. The more skeptical wonder if it is all a hoax.

The church is located at 10371 Jackson Road in eastern Sacramento County.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 9:01 am

Quote:
Un Cristo que recorre el país comenzó a sudar sangre

Cali, Colombia, 21 Noviembre (RCN) - El acontecimiento se dio en momentos en que la imagen sagrada ingresó a la iglesia donde fue asesinado monseñor Isaías Duarte Cancino.

Cientos de feligreses están conmovidos, mientras las autoridades religiosas estudian el fenómeno.

El Cristo será trasladado a Bogotá.

El Cristo preregrino visitó cientos de iglesias en toda la geografía colombiana. Su cruzada inició hace algunos meses en Barranquilla. Luego pasó por Medellín y este fin de semana llegó a Cali.

De paso por la "sucursal del Cielo", llegó a la iglesia El Buen Pastor, la mismo que el 16 de marzo de 2.002 vio caer por cuenta de la violencia a monseñor Isaías Duarte.

Cuando la fe de los creyentes estaba en su más alto fervor, aseguró el párroco Nicolás Gómez, que de la imagen de Cristo peregrino comenzaron a brotar gotas de sangre.

"Es una imagen que tiene manifestaciones de sudor de sangre, un capricho de Dios"; aseguró el sacerdote.

Desde ese momento se agolparon en la parroquia decenas de creyentes para ver de cerca lo que todos los vecinos del barrio Ricardo Balcázar comentaron.

"Mucha sanación y mucha fe de la gente en Cristo y yo también".

En medio de canticos y súplicas los caleños pidieron con ansias favores y milagros que hoy aseguran fueron recibidos.

Este fenómeno obligó a los religiosos a trasladar la imagen a Bogotá donde se inciarán las respectivas investigaciones para esclarecer qué provocó la situación relatada por los feligreses de la iglesia El Buen Pastor de Cali

An image of Christ also begun sweating blood in Colombia when it arrived to the chuch where a very loved priest was murdered...

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 10:00 am

I wonder if anyone has ever tried doing any DNA tests on this blood? Like test the Virgin Mary one, and compare it to the Jesus one? Perhaps they can even make some clones... Jesusrassic Park?

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2005, 1:32 am

Quote:
The more skeptical wonder if it is all a hoax.

This certainly seems like a highly reliable source here.
You have a highly improbable claim, and it's assumed to be true, although some may have a few doubts.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 4:28 am

Quintucket wrote:
Quote:
The more skeptical wonder if it is all a hoax.

This certainly seems like a highly reliable source here.
You have a highly improbable claim, and it's assumed to be true, although some may have a few doubts.

Ahh, sorry about that, I should've put that in quote marks, I thought I had. It was off a TV channel site in the Sacramento area, so it didn't have publication dates etc. Most of the time I write "From CNN" etc. Thanks for that.

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2005, 11:33 am

mjs82 wrote:
Ahh, sorry about that, I should've put that in quote marks, I thought I had. It was off a TV channel site in the Sacramento area, so it didn't have publication dates etc. Most of the time I write "From CNN" etc. Thanks for that.

Ahh.
Still, I'd believe that CNN said something like that.
Media, like all businesses is out to make money, and in our culture, sensationalism has always sold.
Television and supermarket tabloids therefore sell to that market.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 3:07 pm

I think people are somewhat dumb. Always debating "was it a miracle or not?" and skeptical people say miracles, like when people get cured from diseases, they say "it's autosugestion".. ok! but occupy your time in something actually important, like studying autosugestion for medical purposes!! !

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 4:04 pm

Sanityisoverrated wrote:
I wonder if anyone has ever tried doing any DNA tests on this blood? Like test the Virgin Mary one, and compare it to the Jesus one? Perhaps they can even make some clones... Jesusrassic Park?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2005, 8:35 pm

Sean wrote:
Sanityisoverrated wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't even catch that pun first time around.