Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Ki_Lunacy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2008, 1:03 pm

I played that. They're really going overboard by making blood come out of the eggs, though. :)

sanndr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2008, 1:07 pm

PETA ought to be put on the list of domestic terrorist organisations. But that's just a pet-peeve of mine :D

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 1:13 pm

PETA are terrorists. Never mind the Taleban, can't we bomb the PETA headquarters?! Better use of the MoD's budget, that!

y es como un semestre"

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:31 pm

The Performance Ensemble for Theatrical Anarchy has once again breezed by the point, taken it to the extreme before even starting to put on the brakes...;)

You can't make a cat a vegetarian. Any vet will tell you that.

When you put 'cooking mama' and 'PETA' in the same sentence, I got a visual of putting someone on a spit and roasting them....wait, don't give them ideas...;)

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 6:11 am

since when did a computer have feelings? i've killed hundreds of people here and there on differnt games, does that make me a murderer?

next time i play Fable II, i'm going to kick a chicken because of this article. :lol:

PETA always have to go too far and nintendo should sue them for everything they're worth (even though they're not worth a penny), but honestly i think it would be better if nintendo did release a demonic chicken killing game called 'Polly Eats The Animals'... i'd go and buy it :lol:

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 6:42 am

Letum wrote:
philosopherBoi wrote:
...I mean what is next they are going to say my cat should be a vegetarian.

Oh dear...where shall I start...

They want your pet to be vegetarian and only eat animal food that is not tested on animals.
And they would prefer if you called your cat a companion animal, as the term 'pet' is degrading as it implies ownership.

LINK

It is a strange world and it is getting stranger!
I don't think anyone who lives with a cat is under any illusions about who 'owns' whom. Most cats have their pets well trained to feed them and open doors and stroke them and generally wait on them hand and foot.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 9:43 am

PETA = ret*d

would you believe a PETA representative would let a ret*d baby die to save a 'smart' dog? or that the life of an ant is equal to that of a child?

i think the people at PETA should all starve to death, but then again that is a fate too good for them.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:21 pm

PETA now has gone far to use the same kind of graphic imagery showing animals being abused or mutilated to forward their own agenda. They're only proving themselves more to be hypocrites every day.

As far as their stance on using children, they could care less about children. They only see children as perspective recruits to their way of thinking. PETA feels if a child cries and has nightmares, that their mommy eats meat, and would therefore be likely to kill the family pet, that they've done a service to animals. Who cares if that child no longer trusts their parents and is scared for life. Also, I want to remind you that cults also seek to separate children from the respect for their parents, in order to bring them into the cult.

This article from www.consumerfreedom.com illustrates that PETA has a long history of emotionally abusing children in order to bring them into their flock:

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/download ... takids.pdf

Now they have some girl on there holding a fake, but realistic looking fake dog, which I will not link to cause it is very graphic & disturbing. As a campaign against fur. So PETA now is no better than morons who use animal violence as a cheap shock in horror films. It's like saying the guy from Untraceable was making a point about animal abuse, by having a kitten fake killed in the movie. I don't know if he was or wasn't by the way, but the point being is PETA is behaving more and more like the kind of people they associate meat-eating with.

Penn & Teller did a Bulls**t episode about PETA, comparing Ingrid Newkirk to Hitler, and PETA's followers as being like Hitler supporters. I see things like this, and really wonder if they're far off. I mean, in the sense that they both inspired the same sort of fanaticism for the cause. Now they're going so far as to behave in a way which if they saw in other non-vegetarians or non-PETA followers they would despise.

I encourage everyone who cares about animals to visit http://www.wspa-usa.org/

They support and encourage care for animals, without exploiting women, showing images of faux dead dogs, or emotionally abusing children in front of schoolyards. They even tell you how to buy meat in a way that is safe for animals.

All I'm seeing from PETA is they're appealing to people who would visit their website, who don't care about animals. People who get off on seeing their graphic investigation videos into animal abuse. They're turning away the people who would support them, women and children, by disrespecting them. Treating women like they're worth nothing other than for getting naked, to promote PETA's cause. Terrifying children in a way that may haunt them for years, or develop eating disorders in them. After all what do you think will happen when you call a girl who most likely already has body image issues, disgusting for eating meat? I even restrained myself from getting started with how they demean fat people, of course it never occured to PETA that you can be a vegetarian and still be fat. I guess that piece of reality might make them loose their vegetarian appeal, that it will make everyone thinner.

Okay, and that is my PETA rant.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:33 pm

Though vegetarianism can help people lose weight, it isn't set in stone, cos I used to know someone who was a vegan who was really obese, cos she ate loads of fatty foods. While I am naturally thin even before I went veggie. So PETA talks crap.

y es como un semestre"

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:44 pm

i knew a girl who was bigger than most and she was a vegan, most people are ignorant of dieting and don't even realise missing meals/certain foods can actually cause more problems. if you don't eat meat you wont gain protein and so your muscles wont grow, whereas your fat can still continue to build up.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:50 pm

Actually, that's not completely true either, as meat isn't the sole source of protein. It is possible and maybe even healthier for humans to survive on a vegetarian diet, but the problem with PETA is that they think everyone on the planet should think the same as them, which is BS.

y es como un semestre"

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 2:00 pm

if you cut meat out of your diet you loose a lot of protein, you could eat certain nuts but it doesn't seem as likley to work.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2008, 2:25 pm

I liked that game. Seeing as there are games such as hitman, to name the tamest out there along with some very grim online games (lol, I remember when thisisacryforhelp had games on it where you dressed up strange little drawings called 'dead babies'), I fail to see how this would shock anyone. Nor do I see how disembowling a corpse is evil, maybe they should have a game where they slaughter turkeys to deliver to cooking mama if they want to make that sort of point- you know, and [i] then[i] with real clips as a reward for completing a level. That would make more sense to me.

PETA makes a laughing stock of all of the perfectly intelligent (or at least of average intelligence) animal rights campaigners out there- they eat right into the opposition's hands and make it so easy for them to brand every single person who has even an inkling of the same views a fool.

Dumb PETA.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 12:38 am

lexis wrote:
I liked that game. Seeing as there are games such as hitman, to name the tamest out there along with some very grim online games (lol, I remember when thisisacryforhelp had games on it where you dressed up strange little drawings called 'dead babies'), I fail to see how this would shock anyone. Nor do I see how disembowling a corpse is evil, maybe they should have a game where they slaughter turkeys to deliver to cooking mama if they want to make that sort of point- you know, and [i] then[i] with real clips as a reward for completing a level. That would make more sense to me.

PETA makes a laughing stock of all of the perfectly intelligent (or at least of average intelligence) animal rights campaigners out there- they eat right into the opposition's hands and make it so easy for them to brand every single person who has even an inkling of the same views a fool.

Dumb PETA.

Lexis, not everyone likes gore. I mean, sure I think horror film effects done well, are something to be appreciated at fine artwork, even if other people say
"That's horrible!" and "Why would someone go out of their way to portray that?" I think your concept of "rewarding" people with images of real turkey slaughter, would be great, cause it would really show who PETA is playing to. The type of sickos who would enjoy seeing an animal tortured.

I guess they might say, well if we get those people here they might learn something, and not enjoy animal abuse or participate in it anymore. If they want to make a point, they shouldn't have those kinds of imagery on their site, or at the very least try to censor them a little. I see them getting the kind of people who see monkeys with electrodes on their head, who say "Cool!" then go about with the rest of their day. Those are not the people who are going to help with the plight of animals.

They're pushing away everyone who would help animals, even more so now with the increased graphicness shown on their site. I mean, they have to be idiots to think someone who loves animals, is going to gain something from seeing them tortured. WSPA USA doesn't show those images, although once they linked to an outside site that did, but it was that site's perogative to show the imagery. Something about signing a petition to see a festival that slaughters pigs for competition or something in another country, replaced using real pigs and turned it into a contest of who could create the best fake pig out of flowers and candy. The majority of the time WSPA does not see fit for them to show graphic animal abuse to get their point across.

I still don't know why PETA would think the people who abhor portrayals of violence towards animals or animal abuse in horror films, would create a picture of a girl with fake blood on her holding a fake dead dog. That seriously put me off them forever, I mean before I'd just go to the site to see what crazy stuff they were coming up with next, now I'm not even going to give them the benefit of that extra site hit.

Sorry if I got on a tangent again, it just really makes me feel like :huh: to see PETA constantly attracting the very people who could care less about animals, while driving away the people who do care about animals.