Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 1:55 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/05/29/televangelist-wants-new-jet/653202002/

Quote:
Jesse Duplantis, a televangelist with viewers across the globe, says God told him he needs a new jet.

Specifically, God told Duplantis he needs a Dassault Falcon 7X, a three-engine private jet capable of carrying 12 to 16 passengers at speeds up to 700 miles per hour. The Falcon 7X, which would be the fourth plane owned by Jesse Duplantis Ministries, has a range of almost 6,000 miles and costs about $54 million new, according to SherpaReport (although used ones are listed online for as little as $20 million).

If God wants Duplantis to have a jet, why doesn't God just give him a jet? God (allegedly) created the universe (which is more than 28 gigaparsecs in width) in only 7 days. How long would it take for God to make a jet?

Quote:
In fact, Duplantis said that "if Jesus was physically on the Earth today, he wouldn't be riding a donkey."

"He'd be in an airplane preaching the Gospel all over the world," he said.

Dude. Jesus was capable of healing the sick. He clearly wasn't constrained by our earthly limitations. If he had wanted to build an airplane, he could have easily done so. Clearly, he chose a donkey for a reason.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 2:40 pm

Not a new low. It’s been done craploads of times.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 9:37 pm

This isn't surprising. :roll:

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 1:47 am

I think this man Jessie Duplantis and plus other Christian TV Evangelists give Christianity a very bad name. I am a Christian I do go to Church but I get so angry when these well ‘con men’ start asking money from the sick, the poor, the old there faithful followers who have been conned all in the Name of Jesus is disgraceful.

And anyway he isn’t that much of a Preacher I have listened to him before he is just a ‘blue comedian.’

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 3:37 am

In all fairness, this isn't mainstream Christianity, but evangelicals, usually of the prosperity gospel type.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 3:42 am

that man is a wannabe, he can't hold a candle to the charlatan who said god would "call him home" if people didn't send him more money double-quick.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 3:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
that man is a wannabe, he can't hold a candle to the charlatan who said god would "call him home" if people didn't send him more money double-quick.

Good ol' Oral Roberts. Being that he is now dead, I guess his followers hadn't sent enough money after all. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 3:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Good ol' Oral Roberts. Being that he is now dead, I guess his followers hadn't sent enough money after all. :lol:

*rimshot* :lmao:

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 4:24 am

What Jesse Duplantis, Kenneth Copeland, Crefflo Dollar (name says it all) Joel Osteen and others as well preach a message called ‘Word of Faith’ which covers a wide range of things most notably ‘prosperity.’ There is nothing wrong with Prosperity in general nothing wrong with being rich, but what they are doing is wrong. They are promoting a Prosperity in the Name of God not to help others to for self-gain to make themselves richer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 4:34 am

I thought in the bible it said you can choose to worship mammon or God, but not both?

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 4:37 am

It does say that in the Bible but these people have chosen to worship money.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 4:47 am

One of the teachings of Word of Faith is a teaching that when you are a Christian you are a ‘little god’ which is absolutely wrong and the Bible doesn’t teach such. But they have twisted Bible Verses to suit that claim.

I have a question for Jesse Duplantis and others like him.

If he thinks he is a ‘little god’ why is he asking people for a $56 million jet why can’t he speak it into existence?

That is how wrong the ‘little gods’ teaching is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 4:54 am

when he calls himself a little god, is that sacrilege or what?

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 4:59 am

It is complete and utter blasphemy calling themselves a ‘little god.’

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 5:04 am

Well it certainly shows people what kind of person he is. All his followers should just abandon him. But maybe they think they are also somehow riding the gravy train.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 5:13 am

One of my special interests is the Study of Bible Theology. I am even doing a Theology course at the moment.

One thing I have learnt that there are a lot of erroneous teachings and sadly a lot of Christians and a lot of them don’t know their Bible very well will follow Preachers like Jesse Duplantis more than the actual Bible. As what he teaches might seem better. I have met Christians like it and follow it. They won’t pull away that easy they may even look at News Reports as persecution. They may even twist Bible Verses to support the persecution.

But the Bible clearly states to beware of ‘Wolves in sheeps clothing.’ Meaning people like Jesse Duplantis who I think gives Christians a bad name.