The Myths of Kwanzaa, celebrating a man who hates blackness?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Would you celebrate a culture like holiday made up by a hater of his own race?
yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
no 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
maybe 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
maybe 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 1:16 am

Why Celebrate a black hating black man who created Kwanza??

it was started by a man named Ron Karanga, aka Ron N. Everett. Everertt founded a group called the U.S. Slaves, a violent counter black group to the Black Panthers. He created Kwanza in 1966, but he used traditons of East African tribes, not Western African, where most U.S. blacks are descended from. In 1970, he tortured and raped 2 Black women. Earlier he lead his group in protests at UCLA against the Black Panthers, where 2 Black Panthers were murdered by members of his US group. After getting out of prison in the mid 1970's, Everett, promptly added Communist principles to Kwanzaa, those seven principles that are posted are taked from Communist ideas. He had many white friends in politics, but he seemed to loathe his own color. Why celebrate such a tradition created by such a creature as he is? Would it not be logical to celebrate a tradition that was celebrating the actual part of the world you are descended from? Some have argued, and even some of Everett's statements sugest, that he wanted a Black Christmas, as if Christmas was EVER really white, it comes from the Asian continent, the middle east, even the Romans and Etruscans that made up the bulk of the native Roman peoples are commonly believed to have come from Asia originally. Even Jesus lived and was born in the middle east. Even St Nick was from the Middle east, probably of Inion Greek Descent, but not from Europe. Do you consider Middle Easterners to be white?? So how then, is this a white holiday? How many multicolored nations are Christian, in fact Most Christian populations are South American, which is NOT WHITE either. I dont mind multiculture different celebrations, but i can only respect legitimate ones.

The real truth is, despite its apparent or disguised purpose, Kwanzaa is much more a white holiday than even Christmas. It was whites that popularized it and then commercialized it, to appease the Black population with an imaginary Black like Christmas holiday.

a paragraph from the time of his arrest:
L.A. Times on May 14, 1971. "The victims said they were living at Karenga’s home when Karenga accused them of trying to kill him by placing crystals in his food and water and in various areas of his house. When they denied it, allegedly they were beaten with an electrical cord and a hot soldering iron was put in Miss Davis’ mouth and against her face. Police were told that one of Miss Jones’ toes was placed in a small vise, which then was tightened by the men and one woman. The following day Karenga told the women that ‘Vietnamese torture is nothing compared to what I know." Miss Tamao put detergent in their mouths; Smith turned a water hose full force on their faces, and Karenga, holding a gun, threatened to shoot both of them. The victims Deborah Jones and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothing."

Everett himself once said "People think it's African, but it's not. I came up with Kwanzaa because Black people wouldn't celebrate it if they knew it was American. Also, I put it around Christmas because I knew that's when a lot of Bloods are partying." in the Washington Post.

and check here a newspaper articles by a black authors on Kwanzaa and Everett: http://www.tampatrib.com/opinion/column ... UMF3E.html

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=36374

Last edited by Epimonandas on 10 Dec 2005, 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

catwhowalksbyherself
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2005, 12:51 pm

Why not just go back to Yule?! As you say, Christmas is not a white festival...and I'm white European...

It actually sounds like a Rastafarian variant of Christmas - Rastafarianism being an East African/Caribbean strain of Christianity that celebrates Haile Selassie and his Ethopian regime, which like most political structures is a bit of a flimsy construct to base a religion on myself - religion should transcend politics, not reinforce it (e.g. it is nonsense to equate Israel with Judaism and the problems that state has have emerged from the confusion of religion with the political aspirations of some of its adherents), which is what Kwanzaa seems to do.

People don't want a date with destiny, they just want a date with a dentist. --- Michael Howard

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 5:00 pm

Thats just it though, Kwanzaa is made up, he imported some East African ideas into it, but its not soley based on anything African. Its a totally made up holiday, so his white friends can get rich off of black people.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 6:54 pm

Whats Kwanza?

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 11:45 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
Whats Kwanza?

Kwanzaa is an African American holiday that is celebrated at the end of December where black families celebrate their heretige. Here is a link to a brief explanation. :)

catwhowalksbyherself
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2005, 7:25 pm

Ah yes - ujamaa - the aspect that helped Nyerere turn Tanzania into a basket-case.

People don't want a date with destiny, they just want a date with a dentist. --- Michael Howard

TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 8:00 pm

IM BLACK AND I DONT CELEBRATE kwanza

From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
-------
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered