Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2009, 9:18 pm

Quote:
I have never meet a casual pot user. Its all or nothing with them.

Well now you have, nice to meet you.
I'm not "resisting the urge", I just don't care. I might feel like a few times a year, see no harm in that.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 3:35 am

KenM wrote:
I have lost all respect for him. Once a druggie, always a druggie. Great role model. I hope he gets kicked from copention and has to give back all his money and nedals for this as an example to others. High profile athletes like that are automacally a role model. behavior like this should not be rewarded.

what about pain killers? they're a drug and they're also more dangerous than cannabis. also why the hell should he have to lose his money and medels? why should someone who's made it far in life be punished more for doing something that does almostno harm in moderation?

behaviour like this should not be rewarded? all you've said is about punishing him. sure i agree, don't reward him for smoing pot but on the other hand he shouldn't be punished in the slightest.

he's an athlete and he smoes, which means it'll take him extra effort which means the medels were even more deserved.

also to answer your other post i used to smoke pot here and there. don't stereotype, it just makes you look bad :wink:

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

02 Feb 2009, 5:50 am

KenM wrote:
I have lost all respect for him. Once a druggie, always a druggie. Great role model. I hope he gets kicked from copention and has to give back all his money and nedals for this as an example to others. High profile athletes like that are automacally a role model. behavior like this should not be rewarded.
Maybe we should quietly kill him and excise his name from all Olympic Records and publications as well. Best for the young uns not to even know that such degenerates exist. :roll:

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 6:04 am

I have a very negitive view when it comes to people using any kind of rec. drugs. When you see your mom wake you up in the middle of the night high all the time, shaking you down for money so she can get her fix, you'd understand.
Another person I was good friends with and I liked more then a friend, all she wanted to do was sit around and smoke pot all day.
Another old friend used to smioke pot all the time, he is pretty much brain dead now. So yeah, pot is harmless. :roll: I am judging them, but I've seen what drugs can do to people I care about. I will never change my views.

So forgive me if I'm hard on the morons that want to waste time using drugs.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 7:13 am

KenM wrote:
I have a very negitive view when it comes to people using any kind of rec. drugs. When you see your mom wake you up in the middle of the night high all the time, shaking you down for money so she can get her fix, you'd understand.
Another person I was good friends with and I liked more then a friend, all she wanted to do was sit around and smoke pot all day.
Another old friend used to smioke pot all the time, he is pretty much brain dead now. So yeah, pot is harmless. :roll: I am judging them, but I've seen what drugs can do to people I care about. I will never change my views.

So forgive me if I'm hard on the morons that want to waste time using drugs.

you've just called a lot of people morons inculding myself as well as many other members here...

i knew someone who used heroin and beat up their kids, it also turns out that islamic-turned autistic bloke who blew himself up stole money to feedhis weed habit but guess what? there are a lot more bad people in the world who don't smoke than those who do.

that friend of yours who's braindead now, did he smoe more than he should or possibly do other things as well? you can't always blame weed and class it as evil, it's only misunderstood ;)

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 7:19 am

I hope Phelps can find a balance to his life. He has had the single focus of swimming since he was a child and has achieved his goals at a young age. What's he supposed to do now? It's fine to party for a while to celebrate victories, but if left unchecked, partying can turn into self-destruction.

Z

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 7:52 am

Zonder wrote:
I hope Phelps can find a balance to his life. He has had the single focus of swimming since he was a child and has achieved his goals at a young age. What's he supposed to do now? It's fine to party for a while to celebrate victories, but if left unchecked, partying can turn into self-destruction.

Z

why can't people just let others live a bit? if someone wants to destroy themselves they should be able to, if someone wants to smoke a bit of puff or drink a few cans they should be able to without people calling them names, treating themlike dirt, punishing them or classing them as possible failures at life.

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 8:07 am

familiar_stranger wrote:
why can't people just let others live a bit? if someone wants to destroy themselves they should be able to, if someone wants to smoke a bit of puff or drink a few cans they should be able to without people calling them names, treating themlike dirt, punishing them or classing them as possible failures at life.

It's economics. Self-destruction is expensive for society - we all pay - from incarceration to subsidized medical care, housing, and food, not to mention caring for the children of the self-destructive. Once you start paying taxes, you'll care about having to pay for the self-indulgent and destructive decisions of other people.

Z

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 8:41 am

Zonder wrote:
It's economics. Self-destruction is expensive for society - we all pay - from incarceration to subsidized medical care, housing, and food, not to mention caring for the children of the self-destructive. Once you start paying taxes, you'll care about having to pay for the self-indulgent and destructive decisions of other people.

Z

i do pay taxes, the point is destroying yourself isn't anywhere near as bad as comitting a crime yet criminals in prisons get the same if not more, those who develop mental problems as a result of destroying themselves are getting punished enough inj my oppinion.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 11:20 am

zghost wrote:
Quote:
I have never meet a casual pot user. Its all or nothing with them.

Well now you have, nice to meet you.
I'm not "resisting the urge", I just don't care. I might feel like a few times a year, see no harm in that.

that makes at least two of us :P

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 4:25 pm

Turns out Phelps is a drunk driver, too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/ ... 4380.shtml

Also, why does everyone that enjoys weed seem to totally ignore it when people on pot do bad things. saying its them and never the drugs. Right.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 4:51 pm

So how many people smoke weed? No way of knowing precisely, but it's definitely way up in the millions.

Be pretty surprising if none of them ever did anything wrong.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2009, 4:54 pm

jrknothead wrote:
This is sad. I think the guy's earned the right to relax and take a bong hit or two...

No, what is sad is your comment. Earned the right? Are you kidding me?

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2009, 5:01 pm

This guy is Human after all.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 5:08 pm

Bong Show, part two, topic

Hope that bong was not a skull. :roll:

A one-joint wonder? We will see what he can do in London in 2012.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

barcncpt44
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Feb 2009, 5:12 pm

i think this is a embrassment and you have so many younger people that think phelps is an hero and now kids see this and think, hey its coll to do drugs, it is not good.