Quote: "Online networking 'harms health'

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

davros1973
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2009, 6:54 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7898510.stm?lss

There seems to be a topic on here already about Dr Aric Sigman - from February 2007 I think ... about watching too much TV.

I'm non-committal on stuff like this ... but I am interested in the possibilities things like this pose.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 11:03 am

I found a similar article in the Huffington Post. People who become addicted to social networking sites tend to exclude those who aren't on their friends list, or who don't have accounts on such sites.

I have experienced that firsthand. I have a friend who takes anywhere from two weeks to almost two months to answer an e-mail, but she would go on MySpace every day. Her excuse was that she's "busy".

I cancelled my MySpace account about a month ago to set a good example.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 2:30 pm

What do you care what other people do (provided it does not harm you)? Take care of yourself.

ruveyn

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:24 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I found a similar article in the Huffington Post. People who become addicted to social networking sites tend to exclude those who aren't on their friends list, or who don't have accounts on such sites.

I have experienced that firsthand. I have a friend who takes anywhere from two weeks to almost two months to answer an e-mail, but she would go on MySpace every day. Her excuse was that she's "busy".

I cancelled my MySpace account about a month ago to set a good example.

How does it set an example exactly?