Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 8:31 am

jrknothead wrote:
Ima try to express my sentiments about this without cussing...

That odiferous offspring of a female canine can go copulate with himself using a broken beer bottle jammed up his rectal opening..

The bastid.

LOL :lol:

y es como un semestre"

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 10:03 am

Michael_Stuart wrote:
Well I for one think the "No cussing club" is wholly stupid. Not only because they use the word "cussing", but because there website is poorly made and they seem to take offense to something that doesn't mean anything.

Aside from the whole double-standard set by society ("Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can't hurt you" Yet you still can't say certain words even though they apparently don't hurt anyone) how could you possibly be offended by a word that is not even meant for you personally. I can understand why you would be offended if someone was using many swear words at you specifically. But if you are walking down the street, and you just see a random sign that has a swear word on it and you get teary eyes and feel offended, then there is something wrong with you, not with the sign. (Though the sign is of poor taste)

As a frequent visitor of /b/ myself, I can understand the reason why they send him hatemail. I don't neccesarily endorse it, but I don't even think it's wholly unreasonable.

It's not because he's not "conforming to the norm", it's because he's being an idiot.

You're right..."cussing" is a lame word. The fact that I'm using it is a sad sign of the times. Cussing. Cussing. Cussing...WTF? I'd look it up but now I'm pissed. (The American version...) :evil:

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 10:11 am

Isn't "cussing" just "cursing" but pronounced wrong?

y es como un semestre"

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 10:34 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:

Oh, God. I'm never saying it again...

("Cussing" that is. I'll still swear like a mother******.)

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 12:23 pm

I find it somewhat funny that they have not only managed to not say a word that isn't offensive in the first place but just describes that action, and that they have the very odd way of thought in that it doesn't matter what the word means, just the word.

Because really, the word I use doesn't matter if the definition is the same, does it?

rivergoat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Mar 2009, 3:13 pm

Just wanted to point out here that 'cussing' or 'cursing' (whatever you want to call it) is NOT prohibited by the Bible or the Pentateuch (Christian and Jewish holy books). The only injunction is the third Commandment: "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain..." (which actually means that if you 'swear unto God' you'd better mean it!) G-D is not outright barred, just insincere use.

Ardent expressionary words and phrases have always been in human language, and always will be.

goat

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 4:05 pm

rivergoat wrote:
Just wanted to point out here that 'cussing' or 'cursing' (whatever you want to call it) is NOT prohibited by the Bible or the Pentateuch (Christian and Jewish holy books). The only injunction is the third Commandment: "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain..." (which actually means that if you 'swear unto God' you'd better mean it!) G-D is not outright barred, just insincere use.

Ardent expressionary words and phrases have always been in human language, and always will be.

goat

So we can say the f word, but not "jesus christ!"?

y es como un semestre"

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 4:56 pm

Well in all fairness, a "No Cussing" club sounds like something that would be prone to lots of bullying and harassment from high-schoolers. It's not a strong basis for a club. And what sort of people would care to join it? The people that are the biggest victims of such words being used TOWARDS them, most likely. (aka: nerds/dorks/losers/ etc.)

rivergoat

04 Mar 2009, 9:16 am

rivergoat wrote:

So we can say the f word, but not "jesus christ!"?

Exactly! Unless you're sincere in invoking a deity.... for instance, blessing someone, not blessing them out! (A southern term for 'cussing', BTW)

goat

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2009, 5:37 pm

CRACK wrote:
Well in all fairness, a "No Cussing" club sounds like something that would be prone to lots of bullying and harassment from high-schoolers. It's not a strong basis for a club. And what sort of people would care to join it? The people that are the biggest victims of such words being used TOWARDS them, most likely. (aka: nerds/dorks/losers/ etc.)

But still there is no excuse to bully and harass people who are in such a club. I think the the club was not a club per se, it's actually an online club.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 9:09 pm

I've never understood the big deal over "profanity". They're just freakin words.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 8:58 pm

good concept. i dont rly care. its for certain people. but if u try to push it on me ur f****d!