Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2019, 11:45 am

Aspies can have obsessive habits. There are ways to care about the planet without thinking and reading about the planet 24/7. Once day, yes; 24/7 no.

I'm talking about news, not about being good to the earth and recycling, eating less meat, reusing bags, etc. It's good to think about actions all day long, but it's time to break my environmental news addiction and read it once a day or every other day and not like it's Instagram.

Meanwhile, I barely know about any other news. Does anyone else have peculiar news-reading habits and perspectives on world issues?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 7:22 pm

Yeah I have a news addiction :|

Wifey has told me not to watch/read it as its full of negative stuff

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2019, 12:11 am

I read the news on a tablet with breakfast every morning. The app brings up topics that are relevant to me, as well as general local and world news.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 1:57 am

Did your tablet give you the "wonderful" news this morning that our conservative coalition party have been returned to power for another three years! case in point...

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2019, 9:09 pm

It hasn't brought up anything else since it happened, to the point where it's starting to get a bit annoying. i'm trying to just forget about it and move on but it's bloody not easy.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 9:36 pm

I mostly just read daily headlines. Most of the time it's pretty clear nothing of any real significance is happening that day.

If I want to read in depth about something political, I read Reuters or AP to try avoiding partisan spins and sensationalism.

That's probably why I don't get worked up much over the news.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 2:28 am

SaxNerd wrote:
It hasn't brought up anything else since it happened, to the point where it's starting to get a bit annoying. i'm trying to just forget about it and move on but it's bloody not easy.

We'll be hearing "Sco mo" for the next three years...yay!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 2:29 am

EzraS wrote:
I mostly just read daily headlines. Most of the time it's pretty clear nothing of any real significance is happening that day.

If I want to read in depth about something political, I read Reuters or AP to try avoiding partisan spins and sensationalism.

That's probably why I don't get worked up much over the news.

I'm lazy just go to news.com

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 2:49 am

My news-reading is very erratic. When I become aware of some particular thing that has happened that seems especially important to me, I study up on it obsessively. The rest of the time, I tend not to read news at all, but instead rely on one or more friends (currently just my boyfriend) to let me know when anything important has happened.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 3:47 am

I read the paper and watch the nightly news. I supplement it with checking to see what is trending on Twitter 2 or 3 times a day FWIW. I read online articles from opinion magazines.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 11:47 am

I watch nightly news from local networks associated with larger companies such as NBC and CBS.