Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 1:32 am

http://www.10news.com/news/19306624/detail.html?ref=rss

A neighborhood attempted to have an autistic boy - and his family - confined to their home and driveway on the basis that they feared this four year old was a threat to take his father's gun and violently attack the neighborhood. Thankfully, sanity won, and the neighbors had their case tossed and required to pay court costs.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 2:31 am

When I read it I thought "Oh my goodness !" and "what bigoted people". I think that the people who brought that malicious lawsuit are very nasty.

I am glad that they have been named and shamed.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2009, 2:48 am

Well my hopes of not hearing about an American community go this crazy have died already...
Flat-out disgusted and enraged by these people. Glad their identities were revealed b/c with what they've done to this family, they are most certainly not innocent. I thought this year was 2009.

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 10:56 am

Does a 4-year old even have enough strenght to pull the trigger?

Either way, I don't think this is directly related to autism. Those neighbors are just as*hole that want the family to move away. I mean, they called the father's employer. They just want to make their life hell, I don't think they're really that bigoted.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 3:25 pm

That is insanity. Looks like these as*holes just want to cause trouble!

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:13 pm

Quote:
"The Trussells said there were no issues until Gary Trussell confronted another father on the cul de sac whose son was picking on Spencer."

(...)
Quote:
"Sarah Fisher reported the Trussells to Child Protective Services."

Because their son was being picked on? I think they should have their heads examined.

Quote:
"She called Gary Trussell's employer, Continental Airlines, where he's a captain."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slander

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:21 pm

At least it's going to cost the nasty neighbors 12k for being jerks, though I'd really like to see a harassment charge or slander case come out of it as well.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 9:46 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
http://www.10news.com/news/19306624/detail.html?ref=rss

A neighborhood attempted to have an autistic boy - and his family - confined to their home and driveway on the basis that they feared this four year old was a threat to take his father's gun and violently attack the neighborhood. Thankfully, sanity won, and the neighbors had their case tossed and required to pay court costs.

M.

Disappointing, perhaps.
But from San Diego--the Navy's
home close to home--and Orange
County, California? I've learned
to expect stuff like that from them.

They're that authoritarian and that
close-minded out in San Diego.

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2009, 9:48 pm

I read that this morning. Good grief, that was like something out of Edward Scissorhands.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2009, 6:30 pm

Unbelievable, those idiots that harassed that poor family should be brought up on criminal charges.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2009, 7:03 pm

Hell if they were so worried why they even let him stay he could pick them off one by one from the driveway :twisted:

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 7:21 am

wait till hes able enough to point and shoot.