Swine Flu, officials wait, then overreact, lot like Aspie !

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:43 pm

A lot like Aspie communication style! isn't it? Yeah, I think so.

Trying to be perfect, trying to get it just right,
trying to avoid all criticism, or even the possibility of criticism. Hey, we all have a right to be human and many Aspie traits are on the regular normal spectrum. And even if they aren't, that's okay, too.

And trying to be oh-so logical!

I am thinking of various school closings. The officials first delay closing the school, then they close it for too long. And maybe also the way cruise ships in Australia have been handled.

The alternative is to take a medium step, look at the feedback, and go from there.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 9:34 am

"CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — An ocean liner docked in an Australian city on Saturday despite objections raised by port officials over a swine flu outbreak on board that cut short a Great Barrier Reef cruise. Health officials screened 85 passengers who then disembarked from the Pacific Dawn in the Queensland state capital of Brisbane."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD98GG2DG0
Associated Press, Saturday, May 30th

Maybe, I'm not saying they necessarily made a mistake. But maybe they did. Maybe just a two day quarantine. In two days you're going to be pretty sure if you have the flu or not.

So, it's this all or nothing thinking. A full seven days quarantine or nothing. And maybe there's something in the middle, that's what I'm saying.