Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 8:28 pm

what makes you stand out? how are you an individual? you can answer this in any way you wish :)

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 9:22 pm

What makes me distinct? Nothing!

Before my Dx and finding out about being an Aspie, there was something distinct to it: it was called being a square peg trying to fit in all the round holes.

Now we know what AS is, now we know how it works, and now we can work around its limitations and emphacize on bringing out its strengths.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2005, 9:24 pm

Nothing about me is unique or even particularly interesting.

No matter how bizzarre or eccentric something about me seems, there'll always be others who share that trait, and several others as well

One in a million means that there'll be 6,446 others like that one, enough to fill a small city.

What makes me unique is that the combination of traits I have, statistically speaking, will be far rarer.

I would hope that that makes me unique, and certainly there're none quite exactly like me. Whether there are some too close to tell, well, I'd hope not.

But eh, anywhen some traits that are relatively rare about me:

Conlangs/linguistic obsession
Map obsession
Aviculture/flying things/dinosaurs obsession (though judging by the titles at least one here shares this with me)
My dreamworlding isn't really out of place here, but in the real world it is
I have some other things, but they took me off on a tangent so I've removed them.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 10:13 pm

So many reasons.

I don't even know where to start.

Let's just say I'm weird.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 11:03 pm

I'm pretty boring - I can't think of anything that I do that I couldn't be replaced easily with someone else doing it . . . I guess my animals would probably miss me, but that would be it . . .

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 11:13 pm

animallover wrote:
I'm pretty boring - I can't think of anything that I do that I couldn't be replaced easily with someone else doing it . . . I guess my animals would probably miss me, but that would be it . . .

Being boring and replaceable does not imply a lack of uniqueness. Unique people can't be replaced anyways (even if they perform jobs that can be done by someone else or think that they are replaceable) and no one is boring all the time.

Actually, very few people are both replaceable and boring. So you are already of a very rare breed. ;) And working with animals... wow! I bet you are unique.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 11:40 pm

My Accent is a very unusual occurence in North America. Not many North American born people speak with any degree of a Cockney Accent. God picked one offspring out of my Sister, two Cousins and I to take after the Ancestors of my Dad and my Aunt. I happen to be the chosen one. That's why I'm "The Family Member With the Accent". It's so strong that when my Family was visiting some friends in California, a man listened to me, than looked at my face, than at my Union Jack T-Shirt and asked, "Are you Canadian, too?" I've thought of telling him that I was adopted, but I told him the truth, instead.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 9:14 am

I reckon my general appearence can be pretty distinctive

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 5:48 pm

I dunno. If your talking about appearance, I always stand out. I have the worlds biggest, thickest curliest, frizziest hair(and dont' look at those pictures I posted, thats when I had my hair somehwta tame, and just after a shower. I'd also used my starightening iron(yay it's new) on it somewhat.) and it's RED! I'm always getting teased because of it. I like to crochet, which I don't know people my age who do. I dunno anything besides that.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 9:01 pm

I have an uncommon way of doing my hair. I regularly wear purple and tie-dye shirts just because I like to. I'm loud. When I greet peole I say "Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy", and sound like a moose when doing it. Ironically, I've never heard a moose call, just know that my yelling has been compared to it. I'm fat, but not fat; I have an unusual shape. Most people think I'm just " a big guy". Odd sense of humor. I've always stuck out, sticking in takes too much effort. I purposely go against what's considered mainstream in any sense of the word, simply because it's fun to throw people off by doing so. Odd mannerisms. When my friends jokingly discuss stereotypes and where'd they fit in if we ever took them seriously, the only one we'd come up for me is "Ben". Simply put, I'm near impossible to stereotype. I like to use badly stated eubonics every now and then in a conversation. "Fo'schizzle...dawg!" You have to hear my timing to understand how terribly funny it is. When grouped with certain people, I can say the dumbest things possible. I can go on and on about something that interests no one, including myself. When I monolouge like this, I tend to forget what the original topic at hand was. :roll:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 9:02 pm

how do you do your hair??

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 9:13 pm

The top-right one, but shorter and neater. I comb my hair back, and it feathers. But after a few hours, it gets a little greasy. My hair is a different shade and not as fluffy too. This is a picture of Prometheus, not me.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 9:19 pm

well it certainly LOOKs like prometheus. thats cool. 8)

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2005, 8:59 pm

haha nice hair.

i'm generally pretty normal, except that i dress REALLY colorfully - nothing coordinated or matching, but it always works. i'm overly trendy. i'm the definition of quirky, and not the stereotypical trendy quirky (not exactly). i also tend to be a bit ditzy and random, though it depends on the certain people i'm around. i'm always singing something, or dancing, or running around wearing 4 inch heels when im not in the least bit late to anything. i do way to much stuff, i'm an artist who plays hockey, an aspie who plays hockey (they seem so rare! just go over the the sports section) and i'm jewish.

i also have the appetite of a guy. which is awesome. and i'm most definately an idiot girl.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 10:34 pm

One thing that makes me stand out are my clothes. I have a tomboy look, and I don't wear any very short stuff; I do wear some girl things at times however. Another thing that makes me stand out is my imagination, and I could sometimes be funny. I also know lots of facts that other people don't know, but I'm not sure if that's as unique as I think, since lots of people know lots of factual information.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 10:45 pm

what makes me distinct is my generic, non-distinct appearance. I wear only grey t-shirts and neutral colored khakis or khaki shorts.