Does Anybody Else Have Trouble With Spacing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2012, 12:33 am

I am a 13 yr old PUA (possible (undiagnosed) aspie). I am constantly spacing if it doesn't interest me then I can't focus on it well in class and when I space my stimming tends to pick up.... ie I bite my lips and cheek more. My mom thinks I just need to work on focusing but I think the problem is deeper than that.
Anyone else have similar problems?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 3:22 am

if somethin does not hold my attention; yes indeed.
something you can do is do something mildly engaging while you try to work or listen to fix this.
i listen to my favourite music if i have to do work, and if i have to listen to someone, i usually have some sudoku puzzles to fill at the same time, to keep my mind busy and prevent spacing out

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 7:25 am

Have you considered ADHD-pi. People often refer to it as 'ADD', although that is diagnostically inaccurate.

I have a really big problem with this. It's not just at college for me, it's anywhere. If I'm not engaged, negatively or positively, I just zone out. It's not like I start thinking about things I'm more interested in a lot of the time. I just turn off.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Aug 2012, 5:47 pm

It's normal to lose focus on something you're not interested in. It's more of an issue if you can't concentrate very well. I don't really have this issue, but I know a few people who do.

CelesteFeline
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2013, 7:28 pm

I zone all the frickin time!! ! Welcome to the club.

Zarith
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2013, 8:45 am

Oh yeah, totally. What they teach us at school is so dull and bo-ring that you can't help but space-out. I mean, I'll never be a biologist. Do I really need to know every part of the digestive system?

(What do you call the most romantic breath? Romeostasis. Hur hur)