Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

corruptedsmile
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2010, 4:53 am

my mood changes at night and not just a little. at night i lose a lot of my self restraint and get energy boosts so im curious about other people who this happens with and how much of a change it is for people.

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 6:04 am

Hi. I have experienced this, also. When I was a teenager I used to walk at night, often for an hour or two. Night to me feels lovely, with its stillness and mystique. It is easier for my imagination to come alive then.

As I've gotten a little older, I have become more aware of my issues. I have sensitive sight and hearing (can often see or hear things in greater range than others) and I have made some sense of these issues.

So, in the end for me it makes sense that I like night time better, because it's 'softer' on my senses and usually indoors with less chance of being overwhelmed by people. If my senses are overloaded to some degree it often means I don't have as much energy. I guess I just feel safer at night, all round.

Maybe you have some of these issues or sensory sensitivities, or maybe you don't. If you do, that might be at least part of the reason for your mood changes. :D

A Thursday child ..

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 6:38 am

At night I get all paranoid and worried. It's weird, but I put it down to my mind just needing sleep really.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:22 pm

Three emotions, happiness because the world around me is so beautiful, calm because the rush is over and extremely paranoid. I dunno why but I always see the same guy, in his 40's and with a knife. Black hair with some stubble but I never see him, just from the corner of my eye. It's really messed up. Never happens in my bedroom though.

NJCars05
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2010, 2:45 pm

Night is the worst time for me. I usually feel the worst then, it's mostly loneliness and sadness. Usually going to sleep helps alleviate these feelings and I go back to feeling "ok" when I wake up again.

Though I do love when I'm out of the house at night because the look of everything all lit up is stunningly beautiful to me. I have this strange fascination with colors -- like stained glass, colored light bulbs, etc. -- it makes me feel happy for some reason. :)

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 6:28 pm

Nighttime is my favorite, and I would still be working third-shift if I could. Most of the rest of the world seems to be sleeping and less likely to be troublesome, the weather is usually a little calmer (less windy), there is less traffic (I used to drive a cab), less overall noise, fewer supervisors, cops, distractions, surprises, etc., and, of course, it is so much easier on the eyes (including fewer things to even see)!

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 4:31 pm

i love the night :D

i'm always more...happy isn't the right word...peaceful? content? at night. i'm also an attempting author, and i get my best ideas after dark, its really weird. some nights i'll only get 2 or 3 hours of sleep because i got the greatest idea for a new story, or i realized something about my book's characters that i need to get down before i forget it

its also kind of odd to me that, even though i can't see worth a crap without my glasses or contacts during the day, my sight is actually better at night, with or without contacts/glasses. all of my senses seem stronger at night, its actually kind of creepy sometimes. like when my family goes to our cabin for a week during the summer (this place is almost an hour from anything of note), i can go out for a walk at night, like midnight, 1-in-the-morning-when-no-sane-person-is-awake, kind of time, and i won't bring a flashlight, because even though we're miles out in the woods, its still more than bright enough for me to see clearly.

RedMageGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2010, 4:10 am

I freak out a bit in bed every night now. It usually disappears quickly if I roll over and hug my pillow... yeah.

RedMageGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2010, 4:10 am

I freak out a bit in bed every night now. It usually disappears quickly if I roll over and hug my pillow... yeah.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 11:01 am

I love nighttime. It like the feel of peace of quiet :)

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2010, 11:15 am

I love night. The stillness, smell (night air smells different to day air) and the lights. 4 am is the best 8)

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

aspie_giraffe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2010, 8:13 pm

im afraid of night i just get stressed but im also afraid of cloudy days anything not blue and sunny stresses me

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 11:36 pm

aspie_giraffe wrote:
im afraid of night i just get stressed but im also afraid of cloudy days anything not blue and sunny stresses me

I went through a phase of being like that. Sometimes I would be too scared to go outside if I saw a cloud.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 12:48 am

I've noticed that since I moved to Laramie and have been able to leave the house after hours (my parents sleep upstairs, I'm downstairs, no alarm system, and my parents don't really enforce a curfew since I'm 18 ), that I've had similar things happen. For some reason, the period from sundown to about 1 in the morning is when I have the most energy. I usually am somewhat tired during the day, but once the sun goes down I get so energized I almost feel superhuman. (I don't think its vampirism, because I don't have cravings for blood and am actually pretty tan despite being in front of a computer during the daylight hours). During the summer I used to go out for walks or bike rides at 12 or 1 in the morning just to burn off some of the excess energy. Haven't done that much since winter fell because our nighttime lows in Wyoming can reach the negative twenties, even with gloves, hat, scarf, and arctic jacket on I can only stand about 30 minutes at a time.

And like some of you guys said, its very peaceful at night, even though Laramie is a college town, most of the frat parties and et cetera have died down by midnight so walking around at that time is very settling.

The weird thing about this energy surge that I have at night is that I'm pretty sure that it extends into my personal electromagnetic field, to the point where I'll walk by a streetlight that hasn't been replaced in a while and it will flicker as I approach it, then go out as I pass by it, then turn back on after I've walked about 30 feet away. I know it sounds like mere coincidence, but after noticing it a few times I actually stopped to test it on a streetlight. I walked away from it after it shut down and it turned back on, then I walked back toward it and it went out again. I repeated this cycle about three or four times, each time I went by the light it turned off, each time I turned and left it would turn back on. It doesn't work on all streetlights, but the ones it does work on are dimmer and more erratic, as if the bulbs haven't been replaced for a few years.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2010, 7:37 pm

I love walking alone at night, I always feel like there are too many people around during the day.

lolcatsrule_123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Mar 2010, 5:26 pm

i love nightime, i have a few reasons :)

1. i can concentrate on reading
2. my mind is buzzing and thoughts race through my head
3. if i relax for a while i can feel the world spinning
4. i can cry, but only a little bit
5. if im on drugs my bed feels like a mansion of pillows and my body flows through it
6. i can write best while on my bed
7. music, life and love all make sense

these are my reasons :3