Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2010, 6:24 pm

I'm just wondering if this is weird because my friends say it is. My real name is David Stone but whenever I'm alone I take on the personality of Zeek Rock (the last name isn't the best but he needed a last name and I couldn't think of any better ones). He is quite literally an alter ego, different in many ways. My friends commented because when I joined facebook I put in the name Zeek Rock instead of my real name. They were telling me on facebook your supposed to use your real name and how you can hide it if you want etc etc etc. But Zeek is my internet personality, whenever I'm online the name is Zeek and to be honest, I feel closer to the personality of Zeek than I do David., When I was depressed (it was weird cus it was on and off) Zeek was the happy one and David was the depressed one. If it weren't such a weird name I'd change my name to Zeek. Is this weird or is it ok?

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 2:47 am

its both weird and okay

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2010, 4:21 am

I wouldn't say it's weird. Infact, I think, myself, that it's a very common trait among aspies. Ofcourse, I'm only saying that because I do it to. It's pretty much a form of Roleplaying. You take up the role of another person/character, and act the way they would act. For me, I always used to be called "Etular" and act as this elitist, snobby person online despite being a naturally kind person. Upon first playing World of Warcraft, I heard of these so-called "RP realms". I decided to join and, upon eventually learning what they were, I found a place I could act out this alter-ego personality as if it were real. Etular Fizzlebomb is his name and, as guessed by the surname, he's a Gnome. The problem being, I'm often criticised out-of-character for having a "mean gnome" when "all gnomes are nice"... Also, many a time I am suggested to take a different course of action, but then I reply "But that isn't what Etular would do". Even outside of RP, on other websites/games, I call myself Etular and often express 2 opinions - What I would do, and what he would do. The list goes on forever of what I do involving the alter-ego Etular, but it's not as weird or unique as you think - I assure you.

EDIT: For more information on the topic of "Roleplaying", look here.

Alethes
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2010, 4:51 pm

Quote:
The problem being, I'm often criticised out-of-character for having a "mean gnome" when "all gnomes are nice"

lolz mebbe theyre thinking of garden gnomes. ~laff~