No way! 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
No! Barney is for two-year-olds! 30%  30%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 33

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 7:14 pm

SpottedTiger wrote:
I don't really hate him. I'm more afraid of him actually. Him, that clown lady and the Telletubbies.

Same here!

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 7:45 pm

SpottedTiger wrote:
I don't really hate him. I'm more afraid of him actually. Him, that clown lady and the Telletubbies.

you guys are SCARED of him???! !! ! 8O

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2010, 8:35 pm

he's pretty much the reason little kids' shows have sucked (even more so, for the ones that already did) since the early '90s :x Instead of the clever thinking, weird (in a good way) imagery, unpredictability, whacked out humor, and "parental bonuses" (think "Squeal of Fortune", "Born to Add", etc.) we got in "Sesame Street", we pretty much had the opposite with the purple one :( ...and of course SS fell victim to this itself about a decade later :(

Kittygirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2010, 9:34 pm

I used to like Barney but I never did what he told me to do. I don't think he understands that autistic people cannot use their imaginations or make friends. he just thinks they are defiant and obnoxious. He made an appearance at my soccer game when I was little and I completely ignored him, That's why there have never been any autistic kids on his show.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 10:07 pm

Kittygirl wrote:
I used to like Barney but I never did what he told me to do. I don't think he understands that autistic people cannot use their imaginations or make friends. he just thinks they are defiant and obnoxious. He made an appearance at my soccer game when I was little and I completely ignored him, That's why there have never been any autistic kids on his show.
Actually, I thought autistic people could use their imaginations just as much, if not more.

But either way, Barney's a [NT?] little kid's thing. It's really nothing to get worked up about. Just forget he exists.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 1:36 pm

I love you, you love me, Barney gave me HIV... :lol:

AspieCartoonist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2010, 9:12 am

Barney and Friends: the circle of hell Dante forgot about. :lol:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Sep 2010, 12:15 pm

I love the concept of Barney, the "I love you, you love me" thing, but I never "got" the Barney character or format or anything.

EaglesSayMeow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2010, 8:54 am

When I was little, we didn't have a color TV. Best quote from a preschooler ever?

(A horrified me to my dad after seeing TV at someone else's house)

"Dad, Barney's PURPLE!"

I almost never watched the show though. I preferred Sesame Street, then Zoom and Between the Lions

Call me Trish, please.

Kittygirl

05 Oct 2010, 8:34 pm

Research has shown that the part of the brain that is used for imagination is damaged or doesn't function properly. Many autistic people are not able to process abstract or symbolic thinking. It's not their fault that they can't pretend. It's just the way their brains are wired. Barney just doesn't seem to get it because he is too neurotypical.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 8:43 am

When I was five, I cried whenever he came on! He was scary! I did like Sesame Street, though, as well as Pokemon, which was my favorite show at the time (partially because Misty was on).

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2010, 7:43 pm

Asp-Z said
I love you, you love me, Barney gave me HIV... Laughing
Thank you asp-z!! !! !!
I sure he is a child stalker (thank god he was no reproductive organs)
He scares me more than clowns. :shaking:
JOY TO THE WORLD, BARNEY IS DEAD. YEAH
I would eat his soul but i am scared of what it will do to mine.

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2010, 5:23 pm

KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:
When I was five, I cried whenever he came on! He was scary! I did like Sesame Street, though, as well as Pokemon, which was my favorite show at the time (partially because Misty was on).

I agree with it all and i think anime guy would admit that we all had a crush on misty at some point. :heart: As for Sesame Street, only the count scared me because he was just creepy. :shaking: Obsession with numbers, creepy, evil, childish laugh, and don't get me started on the fact that he was a vampire......sparkling queers. :lol:

BabyJhonny
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2010, 4:51 am

you cant hate barney hes adorable, he loves you and you love him, together were family, dont hate barney

battlekid
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Nov 2010, 2:40 am

(I was chatting with some people a while go in a chat room and I got this)

Abcdefg, Barney is my enemy. Stick the rifle up his nose, pull the trigger and there he goes! Twinkle, twinkle little star, telatubbies rated R.

Yeah, it's bad. But funny.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

Willard wrote:
SoOoOooOPper-DEE-DOOPER! :P

I hit you, you kick me
We're a dysfunctional family...

Barney blows.

I'm hot for that Loonette chick on The Big Comfy Couch. (not the new Loonette, the original, Alyson Court) Snootchie Bootchies! :wink:

[img][img]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/buddatek_inc/AlysonCourt.jpg[/img][/img]

C'mon, kiddies, let's play 'Climb tha Clown'... 8)

BHhaAaaAanNngG!
:twisted:

yeah the Big Comfy Couch was my favorite tv show of ALL TIME until they canceled it Loonette is still so sexy anyone who disagrees is not straight lol Alyson Court plays Claire Redfield in the Resident Evil series the game ones not the movies