Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do u know anyone else who's an aspie?
No. 31%  31%  [ 17 ]
Yes, but only at a program/school/camp for people with special needs. 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Yes. 62%  62%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 55

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 5:03 pm

Do u know anyone who has Asperger's syndrome, or are u the only person u know who has it? I know many people who have it, and not just at special needs programs.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 5:29 pm

at AS support group in my region :)

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 5:58 pm

I have a female cousin who has AS, but haven't been around her in years.

I've worked with a couple of guys over the years that I'm pretty sure of - one scored about the same as me on the online tests, but as he's already on disability for physical problems, there's no need for diagnosis. The other one committed suicide last year when, like me, his career petered out due to changes in the industry and he didn't know how to do anything else. I'd been trying to track him down and tell him about AS because I thought he might have it, too, but didn't find him in time.

There's a NAMI support group in my area that claims to have a couple of Aspergian members, but I don't care for 'group' anything, so I've never gone.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

16 Jul 2010, 6:40 pm

My step-brother on my dad's side and my step-nephew on my mom's side both have AS. I found this out only recently. Knowing this, it makes it more difficult for me to "come out" to my parents about my AS because their presentation is so much more severe than mine, I think they wouldn't believe that I have it too.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Jul 2010, 6:43 pm

My 2 brothers, my one sister, my boyfriend, and the six members of my Aspie support group.

Kvornan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jul 2010, 9:49 pm

I know a lot. Used to have a friend in high school who has it. I also met friends internationally on Youtube & DeviantART who also have them.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Jul 2010, 11:46 pm

I know some people who I suspect are aspies, but I'm not entirely certain.

Cranberries
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jul 2010, 4:19 am

Two, actually. I got along with the boy, we had the same sense of humor and liked the same music and we didn't really need to say anything to each other, it was fine to just stay silent.
We understood each other quite well. But the girl, man was she off the wall. I mean not to be cruel or anything, she also had ADHD and something else. But I just didn't want to be near her, she was obscene and load and acted like a five year old when she was sixteen. I know she couldn't help a lot of things she did, I know I'm not mature at times. I know that she slowly getting better, and I hope the best.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 9:15 am

I know a lot of people with AS. I actually know nine, plus a boy who might have it--he has a speech problem. If I didn't go to a special needs school and camp, I'd know one--my friend whose mom went to college with my mom. My mom thinks my great-great-aunt had AS.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 4:16 pm

I know plenty of people whom I suspect might have Asperger's, but I don't know of anybody whom I'm certain has it.

TheInfamousArgyle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2010, 11:50 am

I know quite a few people with AS!
My cousin and my best friend have it, and there's a good chance my boyfriend has it, too. Also, there's some people at my school who have it, and I believe a few of the people at my science and math camp have it.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 5:21 am

I can think of 17 people I know who have AS.

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 7:21 am

I have never met any one else with Asperger's Syndrome, My family has it. But that's it...

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2010, 6:14 am

yes. my cousin Dan has it. I only found out a few weeks ago, when my mum was having a go at me for reminding her (again) that she has to consider the possibility that i might have it. She said that my cousin Dan has it, and he has Dyspraxia as well. And since I'm not like him, I don't have it. Period. Apparently. (BTW, I am 14).
She thinks that because I'm not like ONE person we know who has it, that I definitely don't have it. I told her that we are all different, but now she thinks that I WANT to have it, for an excuse as to why I am different from others.
Stupid parents.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 7:51 am

No. I have never meet anybody else who, to my knowledge, has AS. I do however know two persons with fairly severe autism, and I have meet several people with ADHD (which I also have).

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Sep 2010, 8:27 am

Aside from myself, my father and my second little brother (the latter who I'm frequently at odds with).

Unfortunately, no, I know no-one outside my family with the condition.