I don't know 21%  21%  [ 7 ]
What do you mean? 45%  45%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 33

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2007, 6:27 pm

I'm doing research on the terms, "indigo, crystal and rainbow people"

Out of all of those, I believe I am a indigo person (used to be more of a crystal person when I was much younger)

Is there anyone else that believes in these terms? If so, which one are you?

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 7:51 pm

Can I reply if I think it's a load of .....

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2007, 10:42 pm

lelia wrote:
Can I reply if I think it's a load of .....

:( That's too bad that you have to bash another person's belief. The only thing I advice you to do is do some research about it and check yourself before you bash. Now, you may leave my forum thank you. I don't hate you, I simply hate what you said.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2007, 10:47 pm

To clarify my belief, visit at this website:

http://www.starchild.co.za/what.html

Have a nice day :)

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 5:41 am

I am sorry. I thought I was teasing, but now I see that what I said was totally inappropriate. Please forgive me. I shall try to be more careful in the future.
And I'm sorry I messed up your thread. Maybe you can rearrange the words in the heading and start the thread anew without my stupid comment on it.

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 10:44 am

I think ill reply to this one i have an interest in this also and after reading up on it all i'd most likely be indigo,

Im not but thats what i sound more like out of all three,

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2007, 8:59 pm

Comet wrote:
I think ill reply to this one i have an interest in this also and after reading up on it all i'd most likely be indigo,

Cool. I like your avatar pic by the way. 8)

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 9:26 am

SierraBell wrote:
Comet wrote:

Cool. I like your avatar pic by the way. 8)

Thanks

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jan 2008, 8:00 pm

To be honest, I do not take these concepts seriously. When it comes to studying human variation, I prefer science to metaphysics.

However, most websites I have come across identify indigo and crystal children with ADHD. Very few relate these concepts to the spectrum of autisms.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2008, 8:59 pm

nominalist wrote:
To be honest, I do not take these concepts seriously. When it comes to studying human variation, I prefer science to metaphysics.

However, most websites I have come across identify indigo and crystal children with ADHD. Very few relate these concepts to the spectrum of autisms.

Actually, the indigos and crystals are people who are either diagnosed as autistic or ADHD.

That's fine that you believe in the scientific way, it's a very good way, however, all that science has shown about these people is their negative qualities. Indigo and Crystal is a more positive term to describe these types of people than AS, Autisim, ADHD, etc.

I also find it quite interesting that these people are coming increasingly. If you believe in science, than you might understand that this increasing rate of people with these diagnoses (preferably autistim) might be happening because of evolution?

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jan 2008, 9:17 pm

SierraBell wrote:
Actually, the indigos and crystals are people who are either diagnosed as autistic or ADHD.

Here is the statement I had in mind:

"According to [Lee] Carroll and [Jan] Tobar, the Indigos appear self centered and demanding when their needs are not immediately met, they often act like they are royalty and they have no problem expressing their own self-worth, they have difficulty with authority and will not comply, waiting in line is difficult for them. All of these are symptoms of ADD/ADHD and in some cases Asperger’s Syndrome."
http://www.skepticreport.com/newage/indigoblues.htm

It mentions "Asperger's Syndrome," but as secondary to ADHD.

Quote:
That's fine that you believe in the scientific way, it's a very good way, however, all that science has shown about these people is their negative qualities. Indigo and Crystal is a more positive term to describe these types of people than AS, Autisim, ADHD, etc.

To me, being diagnosed with Asperger's autism was extremely positive, especially in light of the misdiagnoses and mistreatments I had as a child in the 1960s. I respect different constructions of these conditions, but I question the utility of so much supernatural speculation.

Quote:
I also find it quite interesting that these people are coming increasingly. If you believe in science, than you might understand that this increasing rate of people with these diagnoses (preferably autistim) might be happening because of evolution?

Most experts do not believe that rates of autism have increased, only that more are being diagnosed (broadening of diagnostic criteria, the fact that more clinicians are familiar with the autism spectrum and are qualified to diagnose, and a willingness of people to request a diagnosis).

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 11:32 pm

rainbow

its the biness 8)

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2008, 11:59 pm

Kilroy wrote:
rainbow

its the biness 8)

I used to be a Crystal kid, but because of some stuff that happened to me, I became more of an Indigo person...

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 12:37 pm

Oh. I got told this a few times, but I don't believe in anything of the late 20th/21th century New Age movement. And I don't believe I'm any of these kids either. I rather stick to old philosophical, occult and metaphysic idea of the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, so I'm not unfamiliar with spiritual concepts, but this one just annoys me for personal reasons, for getting told I'm one of these by random people who don't really know me.

I know some people who claim to have indigo children at home or people who claim they're indigos themselves. The kids are pretty much all diagnosed with AD(H)D too and although they're given meds or therapy, their parents say they're indigos nonetheless.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2008, 7:26 pm

Sora wrote:
Oh. I got told this a few times, but I don't believe in anything of the late 20th/21th century New Age movement. And I don't believe I'm any of these kids either. I rather stick to old philosophical, occult and metaphysic idea of the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, so I'm not unfamiliar with spiritual concepts, but this one just annoys me for personal reasons, for getting told I'm one of these by random people who don't really know me.

I know some people who claim to have indigo children at home or people who claim they're indigos themselves. The kids are pretty much all diagnosed with AD(H)D too and although they're given meds or therapy, their parents say they're indigos nonetheless.

Well, I do. That's fine that you don't believe it. I just think you might be narrowing your mind to unnecessary limitations.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 10:47 pm

SierraBell wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
rainbow

its the biness 8)

I used to be a Crystal kid, but because of some stuff that happened to me, I became more of an Indigo person...

explain