What music is most listend to?
Heavy Metal 93%  93%  [ 13 ]
County 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

Jaysonsis12
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2007, 9:29 am

Hey just posting a topic about me. so yea im one here because my little bro is autistic. a little about me though. im very out going and well crazy at times oh and i love screamo music. the type where you cant really understand what they are saying but who cares its still good. i love Burn The Skylines and i just reacently saw them in concert. well anyways post a repy if you wanna talk about pretty much anything. im open minded. =]

:D

Aurum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2007, 10:30 am

I like GOOD screamo. A band like In Flames =3

Jaysonsis12
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2007, 1:33 pm

yea same here. i cant stand poser's either. people who think that they can be into in a day just because everyone else likes it. so whut are some of your fave bands?

Aurum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2007, 4:08 pm

I actually have a very diverse taste in music. My favourites lately are Eternal Decision (Christian metal band, lots of Metallica Influence), and Ivan Moravec (playing Mozart on the piano). I've also been known to listen to some rap (Eminem, 50 Cent, Bizzarre). I tend to prefer heavy metal kind of things though. Rob Zombie, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, System of a Down, Slipknot.

Jaysonsis12
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Oct 2007, 9:23 am

Yea same here im more of a mix person. i do like rap music or hip hop =]
but i have been into more loud rock music. if you ever get a chance to check out Burning Skylines they are amazing!

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2007, 3:31 pm

The only screamo band I listen to is Underoath.
I'm relatively new to the genre, but I don't expect to go any further than Underoath.
I am content to simply focus on a few bands.

Jondalar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2007, 8:55 pm

I like some of it, bands such as linkin park, and billy talent, It's also very entertaining to hear a screamo band do a soft song cause you know they are trying to set a certain emotion for the song to be based around, such as linkin parks new cd, or billy talents "surrender" I like bands with singers who have unusual but not like unhumen voices, I don't like screamo bands who all they do is scream as loud as they can in an animal type sound, they sound like wild animals, I don't like too much screamo they need to actually be singing in a loud strong tone, Try honesty is a nice example of the screamo I like by billy talent, actualy Line and sinker is actually a bit better of an example

Last edited by Jondalar on 09 Nov 2007, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panzyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2007, 9:04 pm

Jaysonsis12 wrote:
the type where you cant really understand what they are saying

Not trying to get your goat here or anything, but why exactly is that appealing? I've never been able to make sense of the fascination with songs featuring unintelligible shouting.

Jondalar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2007, 9:09 pm

yeah it's weird I used to like certain songs were I could not really make out what they were saying, and actually one band I know actually puts alot of random stuff in there songs, like comparing things that have very little to do with eachother as a metophor.

I guess it's for the same reason some like japanese pop even thought they don't know that language.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 2:33 pm

www.last.fm/user/the-session

Take a look at what I listen to. ;)

You'll get an idea of that. ;)

I once listened to Drive Like Jehu they're apparently Screamo, and I liked it. :)

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 8:58 pm

ooo...another good screamo band is billy talent.they're awesome!

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2007, 6:09 am

Before I post this - music is my ASP obsession and I've been a music journalist for two and a half years, so I tend to have a depth of knowledge of this kind of thing and will go on a bit.

Screamo is tricky. It does work best when you're an adolescent because so many of the themes - self-harm, heartbreak - hit home a lot more at that age.

However since it's become the zeitgeist there's been soooo many generic bands doing it exactly the same as each other. That's why you're lucky when you find a great post-hardcore band, such as the aforementioned Billy Talent, who blow me away.

If you guys are interested in investigating the bands which originated screamo I suggest you look up a group called Refused. They were a hardcore punk group in the mid-to-late nineties, and they released an album in 1998 caled The Shape Of Punk To Come which is simply breathtaking, and you can see where emo started hidden between its lines.

But then I'd recommend that album to anyone because it's one of the finest albums I've ever heard.

TheSmilingGoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2007, 12:13 am

Aurum wrote:
I like GOOD screamo. A band like In Flames =3

just thought i should point out that in flames is not screamo its a form of progressive death metal commonly refered to as the gothenberg sound