Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2012, 2:46 pm

Can music be a special interest? I spent six hours playing today. Seem a bit strange, even for me?

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 3:02 pm

Music can be a special interest, for sure...and I think it's yours!

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 3:10 pm

through jr high and high school, music was my special interest. i played four instruments and was in seven music organizations. practicing six hours per day is something professional musicians do. are you thinking of going in that direction?

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2012, 3:10 pm

Yes, I compose and listen all the time.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2012, 3:36 pm

cathylynn wrote:
through jr high and high school, music was my special interest. i played four instruments and was in seven music organizations. practicing six hours per day is something professional musicians do. are you thinking of going in that direction?

I usually only do one or two, and I'm not sure if I want to become a musician, much as I love music, for musicians I don't do much. I only play two instruments, and I know of people(mainly violinists) who have quit school to practice more. Six hours per day isn't something I can do consistently, usually I get bored long before then. I just had a ton of new music today. Also, I'm a brass player, and my endurance usually isn't quite that fantastic. Lip muscles are tiny, and do, compared to other muscle groups, tire very quickly.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 12:27 pm

Yeah, since I started high school, I've spent all my free time either lifting weights or downloading the 2500+ songs I've got on my iPod.

Started listening to at least 50 bands I think.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

Definitely. Idk if this counts but when I like a band I obsess read like every article about them learn their songs life stories and whatnot.

Charmless
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Sep 2012, 11:37 pm

I have no musical talent of any kind, but I end up listening to the stuff almost nonstop, so, yeah, probably a perfectly normal special interest.

"Goddamn it, you've got to be kind."-Kurt Vonnegut

I like Vonnegut quotes, OKAY?

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

16 Sep 2012, 2:43 am

Sure, why not?

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

16 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm

In my opinion anything can be an interest as long as it stimulates your mind/entertains you. So yes. :)