Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

This is similar to the "do you consider yourself attractive?" thread.

I am not sure if AS has anything to do with this, but I have always been somewhat shrimpy compared to others my age.

I didn't get my strength/stamina growth spurt till the END of grade 10, generaly speaking, it's safe to train like adults by 15 years.

Like when I started bench pressing, I could only put up 55 pounds and only got up to 85 a week or two ago...I started in March. Though I have some setbacks, that's a ridiculous lack of results for my ridiculous amount of time in the gym and protein consumed.

It's not just that, it's all the other physical benchmarks,aside from maybe body hair.

My voice hasn't even reached full tonality yet, sometimes my voice goes up an octave when I am scared and I feel childlike.

I really do seem more 14 than 16 in most ways.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 5:21 pm

I don't although I don't really care - I actually prefer being lighter than the large biceps making me heavier xD.

I think NTs just want to be strong so they can brag about it; so they probably have a stronger motive.

(Not that it's a good one in any way...)

Author/Writer

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 5:40 pm

Zodai wrote:
I don't although I don't really care - I actually prefer being lighter than the large biceps making me heavier xD.

I think NTs just want to be strong so they can brag about it; so they probably have a stronger motive.

1.To have energy and strength to be proud of myself.
2. To lift weight and have big numbers.
3. To make the ladies blush and...things I cannot say lol

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

By guys I assume you mean boys. I'm a girl but I often find I am wanting to become stronger. For ballet mostly, someitmes I am a ashamed I am too weak for some steps. I would say I am weakest in arms though.

Kyton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm

im pretty strong but mostly because the only work ive been able to find most of my life has been construction or warehouse type work, not because i work out or anything.

5'10 180 lbs and not chubby at all, can lift about 200 lbs to a little under chest high. im not overly bulky either(tbh i think a lot of people are capable of greater feats than they think they are)

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 8:48 pm

Kyton wrote:
im pretty strong but mostly because the only work ive been able to find most of my life has been construction or warehouse type work, not because i work out or anything.

5'10 180 lbs and not chubby at all, can lift about 200 lbs to a little under chest high. im not overly bulky either(tbh i think a lot of people are capable of greater feats than they think they are)

I was asking the youth, under like 20. thx anyway/

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 8:51 pm

Sure, but only because I played rugby for more than half of my life.

sandloach7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: In the world of unanswered questions, where bees sneeze and dogs make smogs

11 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

I've been associated by being around 5+ my normal age, and I can't even get a kiddy meal in some restaurants... Does that count for anything?

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 9:11 pm

sandloach7 wrote:
I've been associated by being around 5+ my normal age, and I can't even get a kiddy meal in some restaurants... Does that count for anything?
how old are you?

sandloach7

Location: In the world of unanswered questions, where bees sneeze and dogs make smogs

11 Dec 2012, 10:13 pm

I'd rather not say, but I just thought I'd ask;
Best way to start working out? I'm not a real skinny person, and loosing a couple of pounds couldn't hurt anybody.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Dec 2012, 1:13 am

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Zodai wrote:

*facepalm* :lol:

I have no place in this thread, but I had to take a look. Carry on with all of your guys' "manly talk." ;)

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 10:44 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Zodai wrote:

I have no place in this thread, but I had to take a look. Carry on with all of your guys' "manly talk." ;)

haha sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Dec 2012, 12:52 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Zodai wrote:

haha sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.

It wasn't uncomfortable, it was just funny. :P

khnk222

15 Dec 2012, 7:04 am

I am also quite skinny, never cared much for being very muscular. I used to do sit-ups and use a treadmill(or jog in place) everyday back from late 8th to 9th grade (with the help of OCD). My goal was never to be a lot stronger, it was more about looking good and my health. I'm still a healthnut now, haven't had fast food or any soft drinks for about three years now and I'm vegan. I'm more of a nerd than anything else, but I care about my health/diet.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 3:09 pm

No, I'm not strong at all. I can't even do a single pull-up, although that's also due to my heavy weight. I don't lift weights, nor do I perform physically demanding work, so I guess being weak is a natural consequence of that.

sandloach7 wrote:
I'd rather not say, but I just thought I'd ask;
Best way to start working out? I'm not a real skinny person, and loosing a couple of pounds couldn't hurt anybody.

If your goal is to lose pounds rather than bulk up on muscle, then start with cardio exercises. You don't need to go to a gym; running, biking, and swimming are just fine. Maybe take up a sport that involves a lot of running around(most of them do). Most importantly for losing weight, though, you have to watch what you eat. I've been able to lose more than five pounds in a week by avoiding junk food, eating salads, and not snacking.

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2012, 3:24 am

as long as I'm not fat, I'm okay, but I think I'm too skinny and bony.