Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2014, 10:28 am

Nah, I'm usually more interested in the free coffee.

Moo approves!

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 3:26 pm

I got asked to my prom when I was 18. I am nice looking so I am popular with boys and I didn't have to worry about getting a date although I didn't care about that at all. I just answered "yes" to the first classmate that asked me then we went together and... I spent the whole prom outside of the dancing hall staying with my friends and playing tabletop RPG all night long. No surprise the boy got angry with me when we met at school two days later . xD

EQ 91

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 3:53 pm

i didn't go to my prom because they wouldn't let me wear a tux instead of a dress.

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm

My year 11 prom is in July this year.

Prom:
~ Having to wear a dress.
~ Having to bother with my hair.
~ Expensive to get tickets.
~ Terrible music.
~ Do I really wanna spend 2 hours with people I frankly never want to see again in my life?
~ The pressure of getting a date because you 'have to' and 'long-distance relationships don't count'.
~ Having to wear make-up.

Hmm...no thanks!

aar2697
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2014, 12:31 am

I got asked by a girl to Turnabout last year and went with her. Dances are incredibly confusing for me, for I don't know how to dance and feel awkward around all the people doing stuff together, and I fail at conforming to what they're doing. I eventually just began dancing with random friends as the dance atmosphere flooded my inner self, if that makes sense. It was fun dancing, despite the inevitably awful music and excessive amounts of people grinding.

This year, I asked a female friend to prom because my friends told me we would have fun together. I'm kind of attracted to her too, but not enough to form a relationship with her or anything. Anyways, if you guys have any close friends, school dances aren't that bad. You might as well experience one rather than possibly missing out something you might unexpectedly find fun.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 1:39 pm

The prom at my school nobody really had a date, unless you had a boyfriend/girlfriend. It was more go with your friends. My friends(though only at school) tried to get me to go, but I really did not want to go so I didn't.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2014, 9:17 pm

Nobody this year. I think I might be too young for prom. Gotta wait until junior/senior year.

Pipedpipper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2014, 10:07 pm

I had dropped out by the time prom happened.Looking bsmack I wouldn't have had a good time anyway.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2014, 12:40 am

My school just had their junior/senior prom this evening. The problem with most HS proms however, for me, is the crappy music. Most of those proms are spinning top 40 or rap music. Are you kidding me? I thought prom was a relationship dance. With that, you need REAL love songs. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" is an example. NOT "Talk Dirty."
But again, I'm too young to go - still a sophomore. There's a junior in one of my classes who looks pretty darn cute and likes me - we'll see how that goes...

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

I once got asked to prom by a girl i really liked (and still do). But that was back in sophomore year, when i was too young (she was a junior), and she went to a different school. Plus, by the time prom rolled around, we had stopped talking for the most part, and i'm pretty sure she meant it as a joke anyway. And she would have probably spent most of her time talking to everyone else.

I did however, go to homecoming freshman year. big mistake. i was alone the entire time and so bored, i tried to made a PYRAMID from WATER BOTTLES. Don't even make me mention the terrible music, idiots who show up high/drunk and the terrible dancing that looks like clothed sex.

CharlotteEstevez
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2014, 7:31 am

Naw.
I didn't even want to attend prom but my mom and my therapist kinda made me go. Oh, well.

KazKazKaz
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2014, 2:47 am

I never got invited to prom nor was asked out through all of high school - I asked a guy to homecoming once and we went, didn't dance, just stood and talked and I thought it was pretty chill. He seemed kind of confused as to why I had asked him there but seemed fine. I think during junior prom I went to see a play, and senior prom I saw a movie.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 4:39 pm

Psshhtt...No way man.

I went to the homecoming football game freshman year, but that's about it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 8:53 am

I never had a prom; my "special school" had too few kids.

Electricbassguy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2014, 3:45 pm

I did, but not when I was in high school.

My girlfriend (high school senior) asked me (college sophomore)

JiffyFrose
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2014, 4:25 pm

I never got asked to prom, but I went to it without a date.