Liberal/ hippie/ quirky/nerd Christian 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Jew 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Buddhist 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 78

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

I'm just asking the teenagers, that's why I asked it here.

I'm Muslim but thinking of going to a church for the socialization opportunities.

Obviously not going to tell anyone I'm Muslim.

And you?

Damn, I tried to put "Anti-religionist" but ran out of slots.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

you could have put 10 more slots. the poll options seem kind of odd. Average? if your not average your quirky or a hippie?

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

12 Mar 2012, 7:45 pm

I consider myself agnostic, but I am leaning toward the atheist side. I believe in good, solid science.
But then again, no one can really know exactly what the answers to the Unponderable questions are. Being agnostic is basically admitting that fact and getting on with life.

Last edited by Albirea on 14 Mar 2012, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm

Atheist

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Mar 2012, 11:42 pm

Mormon, and theoretically being an atheist is equally than or more stupid than religion.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 4:58 am

atheism is indeed a lot more simular to religion then they want to admit.

i count myself to be agnistic, though leaning to the ateistic side; mainly becouse i dont like how theists (christians especially) keep on ignoring science that contradicts their respective holy books...

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

Mormon, though I voted "liberal, quirky, nerd Christian".

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

izzeme wrote:

Can you explain this? Don't know what you mean

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

Ddddd wrote:
izzeme wrote:

It means its still riddled with indoctrination and dogma, it still requires faith, just a different application of it, and all these other factors that they claim are the problems with religion.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:34 pm

Not Christian. Definitely not Islamic, never ever. Not Jewish. Not even Scouse. Godless. I am not really atheist, I just don't have the energy to believe in God. Too much like hard work. And I don't want to be inundated with anyone telling me about their God either.

Don't worry, I look forward to burning in hell.

muslimmetalhead: If you're not really serious about Islam and don't like the look of it, have you thought about leaving Islam and either converting to Christianity or just converting to agnosticism? You'll make many new friends that way, myself included (I'm not best keen on Islam for many reasons). And you can have a pint and a BLT without feeling guilty about it, if that worries you. :)

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:41 pm

Ddddd wrote:
izzeme wrote:

religion is the unwavering, heartfelt believe that there is a higher being (a god), where ateism is the unwavering, heartfelt believe that there cannot be such a thing.
both ends of the discussion are using non-arguments to try to 'convert' the other group, and both are making fools of the other group for being 'wrong', basically, it's the religion of the godless...

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:56 pm

Tequila wrote:
Not Christian. Definitely not Islamic, never ever. Not Jewish. Not even Scouse. Godless. I am not really atheist, I just don't have the energy to believe in God. Too much like hard work. And I don't want to be inundated with anyone telling me about their God either.

muslimmetalhead: If you're not really serious about Islam and don't like the look of it, have you thought about leaving Islam and either converting to Christianity or just converting to agnosticism? You'll make many new friends that way, myself included (I'm not best keen on Islam for many reasons). And you can have a pint and a BLT without feeling guilty about it, if that worries you. :)

Taking social factors into account, I don't think its really that easy to just convert away from Islam, infidels are always thought of as better than deserters. My view on Islam is probably a lot more positive than most people's, probably mainly due to the fact that my only friend in the 1st or 2nd grade was a Muslim.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 7:34 pm

Tequila wrote:

Yeah, I've thought about it for awhile. No, I don't want to deconvert for my own reasons, which I don't really care about discussing.

And I don't want to be inundated with anyone telling me about the non-existence of my god either XD

johnh94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2012, 7:56 am

I'm a very strong atheist (99.9% sure there is no god, and even if there was there is no way any of the thousands of theologies have the true answers. I have never really believed in a god , even when I was young I questioned religion. No, I am not an atheist because I am rebelling against anyone, I am an atheist because in my eyes it's very unlikely that there is a god, and even more unlikely that a specific theology is the "one true religion". I respect other peoples beliefs as long as they don't try to influence politics according to a 2000 year old book.

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2012, 8:40 am

Jewish. ;)

And the book is even older than this, johnh94. Still so valid. :)

"A man is as free as he chooses to make himself, never an atom freer"

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:54 am

johnh94 wrote:
I'm a very strong atheist (99.9% sure there is no god, and even if there was there is no way any of the thousands of theologies have the true answers. I have never really believed in a god , even when I was young I questioned religion. No, I am not an atheist because I am rebelling against anyone, I am an atheist because in my eyes it's very unlikely that there is a god, and even more unlikely that a specific theology is the "one true religion". I respect other peoples beliefs as long as they don't try to influence politics according to a 2000 year old book.

What about a 1400 year old book?

XD