Anyone else feel like most other students are idiots?

Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 12:42 am

feyokien, your hair looks positively kempt (Kept?) to me.

Outrider wrote:
That's probably not true. When you're 17/18 you'll realize the 14 year old a55•h•ls when you were 14, are still the a55h•les at 18.

i've seen a small handful of people make an unexpected turnaround from my freshman year to my senior year, even holding down jobs well before i got my first. it was pleasant to see.

....otherwise, you seem to be right for the majority. i have just accepted that my ways of communication and operating are not compatible with theirs, and like any two surfaces that do not mesh together, attempting to do so results only in frustration.

i've always considered myself a humble person, as a kid i was more likely to express annoyance at praise instead of excitement (or whatever they expected me to express, i don't even know). but not trying to feel even a bit better was hard. i just assumed that they'd grow out of it and soem fo tham already have. for the others...time might tell.

(or not, i'm not keeping track of their lives).

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 2:36 am

Maybe I was unclear.

I didn't meant people don't change, I meant when you're 14, the immature behaviors you see in classmates, you will once again see in younger people once you are older.

I'm saying change doesn't happen quickly, social change is a generational thing, and even then teenagers will always be teenagers, the immature behavior your classmates once contained will be easily observable in younger students when you are older. That's what I've got to say to anyone here 16 or under - the immature behavior your classmates once contained will be exist in younger students when you are older, and you will see that, yes, some of your classmates were immature in the past.

That's from my perspective now reaching 17.

A simple way of saying it is that there will always be bullies, there will always be students who do this and that.

There will always be students who feel more mature than the rest of their classmates and always be students who behave a certain way.

When I was 15, I knew of classmates who did drugs and liked to have big parties.

Now at 17, I know of 15 year olds who do drugs and like to have big parties.

The cycle continues, that's what I meant.

And if you are bullied by a55holes at age 14, when you are 17 these a55h•les are likely to have matured (though not all), but then you'll see at 17 that the current 14 year olds of today will have the exact same people your classmates use to be.

It's unstoppable.

This also is what made me realize my behavior is and was mature at that age. Yes I was arrogant at 14 a little bit, but like I said, at age 14, can you really be blamed?

Being an arrogant kid who thinks their super mature at 14 is certainly better thn being invovled with gangs, drugs, vandalists or other delinquent behavior.

And I don't believe it's arrogant for me to think that. Ask any adult and, even if they'd be annoyed and frustrated by a smart-alec, arrogant 14 year old, they'd certainly prefer that then a juvenile delinquent.

I know if I had a son I'd prefer he was a smart-alec who thinks he's all that then one who actively hurts other people with no concern. Lesser of two evils....

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 2:46 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
feyokien, your hair looks positively kempt (Kept?) to me.

Outrider wrote:
That's probably not true. When you're 17/18 you'll realize the 14 year old a55•h•ls when you were 14, are still the a55h•les at 18.

i've seen a small handful of people make an unexpected turnaround from my freshman year to my senior year, even holding down jobs well before i got my first. it was pleasant to see.

....otherwise, you seem to be right for the majority. i have just accepted that my ways of communication and operating are not compatible with theirs, and like any two surfaces that do not mesh together, attempting to do so results only in frustration.

i've always considered myself a humble person, as a kid i was more likely to express annoyance at praise instead of excitement (or whatever they expected me to express, i don't even know). but not trying to feel even a bit better was hard. i just assumed that they'd grow out of it and soem fo tham already have. for the others...time might tell.

(or not, i'm not keeping track of their lives).

Of course I use to have a somewhat negative and critial attitude towards so-called subjectively-defined 'a55h•les' but in recent years have learned to be extremely tolerant of all kinds of people and behavior and recognize some of these people still have a role and society and have equal rights to me and every right to livelife how they want to just like I do.

And same here, I just avoid meshing with them entirely due to a mutually easily recognizible 'social incompatibility', though at my second school (been to three) last year a fair number did try to approach me and be friendly towards me, and I played whatever polite role I had to to minimize my interactions with them so they could just leave me alone.

And I'm usually humble as well (though I do find enjoyment in the occasional ego boosters here and there) it's just at 14 I did have an arrogant attitude. Im not proud I had it, and in my posts here in this thread I'm not trying to advocate it either, but just trying to argue if it's accepted that teens who drink and do drugs and bully is 'standard' than it's also standard/normal for a few 14 year olds to have a bit of a big head.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2015, 3:43 am

I've felt this way even in Elementary school, I thought the other kids were incredible dumb and unrestraint. I kept seeing kids doing the same stupid thing that gave them the booboo they were crying an hour over again and again. They're the type that will keep getting burned by the hot stove and won't stop till they die. Heck some 11 year old did the fire challenge, yes that challenge where you light yourself on fire. It didn't get better in middle school or high school they just more loud and annoying. They some how managed to start drama almost over anything and were incredibly superficial. College is a bit better that is pretty much because some people are over the age of 21 there.

Adults considered me the easiest kid ever which is a major reason why no one thought I was on the spectrum.

Harmolina
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Mar 2016, 4:35 pm

OMG YES! I major music in a Swedish High School. Which means I'm there because I want to play violin in an orchestra, but half my class is just narcissistic singers and semi-deaf drummers. f*****g kill me already! I'm bored out of my bloody mind!! !! And omg the shouting!

apolo234
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2016, 7:57 am

I can say that (According to a spaniard aspie, I don't know how it's in your country) The other students can pass as a bit rude and ignorant, even idiots for some people but for the majority of spaniard teens it seems perfectly normal, for me too (even when I don't agree with it completely.) because I've been seeing this behavior since elementary school, they insult each other as a joke, make mock fights... (I've done that too, specially in elementary school for a misunderstanding of this being socially acceptable everywhere and for thinking they were real fights too.) I think that if the students do that it's because they want to have more freedom and think they can do everything, but they misinterpret that as literally breaking the rules, (Aspies can do that too, I'm not only saying that it's only NTs, it's in general), I blame peer pressure too.

So shortening that I think that more than idiots I would say that they think less of the consequences of their actions, and they see themselves as something they'll have to wait for achieving (Adult age) making them look like idiots when they can be cool without looking like that.

PD: Sorry for my grammar, not native.

Ladybeetle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 May 2016, 3:32 am

I know what you mean!
It always bothers me that NOBODY pays attention in class. Don't they know how important knowledge is?
Half the class just plays games while the teacher is talking, and then when it comes time to answer questions, they turn to me for the answers. If I ever deny them, suddenly I'm the villain!
It drives me up the wall.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 3:40 am

^ i've gotten plenty of food (leftovers) from people with giant lunches and misplaced priorities who asked to copy from me.

couldn't complain there. 8)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 8:40 pm

I remember feeling that way a lot in seventh grade. A lot of the things they did made no sense to me. Like, why would you bother doing something that's only gonna get you in trouble? Also things like how they would spread silly rumors that were clearly lies.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 2:57 am

^ i imagine it's an ego boost.

something that never made sense to me either was the mountain of crumpled, wet toilet paper on the walls of the bathroom.

i mean, just what in the hell.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 9:28 am

I'm constantly alienated from everyone at school. I always feel like I'm from another planet, and I can't stand it anymore.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

alobaby
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 May 2016, 11:16 pm

When I went to school (I'm homeschooled now) I noticed everyone just seemed stupid. All of the kids in my english class except for a few could read as well as my seven year old sister, they were awful at reading and when each kid had to read a paragraph from a book, it was a nightmare.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 4:08 pm

alobaby wrote:
When I went to school (I'm homeschooled now) I noticed everyone just seemed stupid. All of the kids in my english class except for a few could read as well as my seven year old sister, they were awful at reading and when each kid had to read a paragraph from a book, it was a nightmare.

Ugh, yes, I hate that. They either read too slowly, too quickly, or in a strange tone.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 4:43 pm

alobaby wrote:

Well, you don't have to be so judgmental. Not everyone is good at the same things.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 5:37 pm

Maybe Aspie kids are more mature and have more...not education, but know a lot more than other kids because of special interests or something like that? :nerdy:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 7:47 am

Like I argued we DO tend to just be more mature.

Everyone's definition of mature is different but if we are to define mature as hardworking, quiet, productive, good listener, respectful, polite, rule follower, etc. we definitely tend to do better than our classmates.

At 14 i thought many of the things my classmates did were immature, and now at nearly 18 I look back and, yeah, what do you know, i was RIGHT, those ARE things that are immature.

Even if we aren't more mature we tend to have more self-awareness and do know what bad or immature behavior is while they are either ignorant or just don't care.

So yeah, at 14 I thought I was superior to my classmates in maturity, aside from the arrogance. Now at 18 I look back at how they were, and I look at the 14 year olds right now, and yep, I was right back then.

Truthfully, in my opinion you become mature not when you are 'mature for your age', but when you are 'just mature' in general.