Was in my brother's preschool class
My brother worshipped him for a while
Met her in a microbiology class
Saw him under a tree.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 3:09 pm

I don't have a best friend, but the friends I have, I met at school, an AS drop-in center, and in a mental institution.

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2012, 3:43 am

Met him in kindergarten before I was diagnosed. Over the years we became just friends and then he moved away in 5th grade, but that was the point when weren't friends, I haven't had friends since 6th grade.

Room217
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2013, 9:49 pm

There was a girl in my class whom I didn't get along with. One day, both of our partners in art class were absent, and we had to work together. We got to talking and just didn't stop. We're complete opposites, but somehow we balance each other out. Six years later, we're still best friends.

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2013, 9:28 am

I had a best friend. Notice the past tense. Heh. We met because one day, I went up to her and asked if she would be my friend and if she would play with me. This was when I was in Kindergarten. I find it funny now because usually nobody really asks to be friends. It usually just happens. Anyway, she said she would. That was pretty much my only friend for the most part which wasn't really intentional. I just had a lot of trouble socializing with more than one person so I ended up with one close friend and didn't pay much attention to the others :oops: Also, I was the quiet and "odd one out" during group conversations. I hate most group conversations. Anyway, we aren't friends anymore. She stopped talking and hanging out with me as much in sixth grade. Sixth grade is the transfer into the middle school, therefore, she met new friends from other elementary schools. It only got worse in 7th and 8th and so on. We started talking again this year (I'm a senior now) which is nice although it feels like we are only acquaintances now.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2013, 7:26 pm

I broke up a fist fight he was losing.

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ

Sciuridae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 11:51 pm

We were the only two sophomores taking calculus, so we started talking since everyone else taking the course already had their own social groups.

Alynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2013, 2:05 pm

My best guy friend I met in the 4th grade on the first day of school. I remember I was insanely jealous of him because he could calculate percentages and I couldn't.
After about two weeks of loathing him, we became friends on account of our mutual value on maturity and intelligence and have been friends ever since, now that we're seniors in high school. A lot of people suggested that we date, but it's to the point where we see each other as brother and sister, and neither of us are interested in anything else.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 3:30 pm

I don't actually have a "Best Friend" who I go to see every week or something like that.

The closest thing to a Best Friend I have would likely be my girlfriend, whom I met on WP.

<3

Author/Writer

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm

I have quite a few friends who I'd consider some of my best friends.

I met my BF here. <3
My "friend who's a guy" I met in middle school.
My "slightly depressed/bipolar friend" I was introduced to by someone I don't know that well who was helping me make friends.
My whole rugby team, well, we are pretty much sisters. <3

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

Your custom titles are adorable Zodai and Makayla!

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 9:57 pm

g2 wrote:
Your custom titles are adorable Zodai and Makayla!

Well, why wouldn't they be? xD

Author/Writer

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2013, 6:36 am

My other friend introduced me to her when she was new to our school. We got along at first but didn't have much in common because I was going through a phase of trying to fit in, then there was a big argument and I left her in tears. I still hate myself for ditching her, but then we met again when I was back to my regular old self and became inseparable ever since. She's like a big sister to me now.

Emilicious
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2013, 2:13 am

I'm way too awkward to actually speak to someone, so I met my best friend during a test we were both taking(we're homeschooled so it was a big event, a once a year kind of thing, so none of us had seen each other before). We were both done and turned in our tests first, but weren't allowed to leave for an hour, and I had a notebook with me so I tossed her a note(this teacher was extremely clueless, one time I got up from my chair to retrieve a note and she did not look up from her computer) and she replied, and we exchanged contact information afterward, and we've been best friends ever since!

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2013, 11:36 pm

I actually have a lot of good friends, I remember meeting my best friends.
One of my best friends used to be my next door neighbor. I met him when I was nine, and he was 3 and a half. He moved recently, but I hope we can still keep in touch. I am 15 now, and he is almost 10.
I met 2 of my other friends in 7th grade. One of them goes to the same high school as me, and the other one goes to a different school, but we haven't lost contact.
I met my other friend in 4th grade. I was bullied a lot back then, and she was one of the only kids who was nice to me, despite my differences.

Jinki
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 6:29 am

I met my best friend because she lived across the street from me for 10 years, but she moved and it's difficult for me now to make friendships with anybody else.