Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Lorn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 May 2007, 12:44 pm

Hard to say who my best friend is. So, well, here's a few of the closer friends...

One I met over MSN during International Week at school. We were both people who hadn't gone to Howtown, we were both bored, I said hi over MSN. We hit it off pretty quickly, although I think I lost the MSN history as the Craptop died a horrible death involving the words "corrupted" and "hard drive" and "block of concrete falling off the top of something" (long story). Anyway, over the summer holidays we met up a bit in Durham, had coffee etc, she'd had a few problems in her love life recently so we just talked. Cut a bit short, the meet, at the end she hugged me (first friendly hug like, ever :p) and that pretty much started everything. We don't see each other as often as we like though, a lot of her group doesn't get on too well with me.

One I met through my girlfriend. I don't see anything like of her as much as I want to, her living 180 miles away and all, but yer - we're very good friends, talk constantly. We met because she threatened to kick my arse long-distance style after she thought I was stalking my current girlfriend/some pedo or whatever, and I myspaced her about it. MSN followed.

Only guy I can really count among my close friends is the first person's ex, which complicates things no end. But yer. We get along well, like the same music, both play Oblivion a lot, both like cider, tis good 8)

Then there's my girlfriend, who is just generally amazing. We met over a forum, it's long distance. But when we get over that, it's amazing, we get along perfectly. Three months next Friday :)

Jaysonsis12
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2007, 1:15 pm

WELL IN ABOUT 2ND GRADE WE WERE BOTH IN DANCE... WE WERENT FRIENDS THEN THOUGH. BUT NOW WE ARE. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A FRIEND YOU KNOW IS NOT A TRUE FRIEND???? I STILL CANT FIGURE IT OUT ANYONE HAVE ANY POINTERS???

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

11 May 2007, 7:21 pm

Jaysonsis12 wrote:
WELL IN ABOUT 2ND GRADE WE WERE BOTH IN DANCE... WE WERENT FRIENDS THEN THOUGH. BUT NOW WE ARE. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A FRIEND YOU KNOW IS NOT A TRUE FRIEND???? I STILL CANT FIGURE IT OUT ANYONE HAVE ANY POINTERS???

First, before I say anything, you may want to fix your Caps Lock button, or not use all capitals, as it's pretty distracting.

Usually it's a bit unfair to say 'best friend', but people who qualify for that will help you in many situations whether they be good or bad, and make an effort to try and be reliable as a friend.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

xKilling_Lonelinessx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 May 2007, 8:18 pm

Me and my best friend were both in a special ed school together in the same class. She was a year ahead of me (it was mixed grades). She missed the first day of school and I thought she'd look completely different. Our mothers ended up becoming best friends, so we couldn't really avoid becoming friends. We've been bffs ever since. ;)

I make icons. ^^

aspie7120
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Aug 2007, 12:59 pm

I meant to type Best Friends Forever, lol.

beyondtheinfinite
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2007, 5:33 pm

I generally ended up friends with whoever the teacher paired me with, because they were the person I talked to the most. As a result, I generally had only one friend at a time and a different friend every year.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 5:03 pm

i met my best mate through school, hes my equal and rival at almost everything and the only real difference is hes NT im not

Benji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Sep 2007, 6:57 pm

I only have one person who I consider a friend in real life. And he's not my best friend. But we basically met when we were eleven and were put in the same form class in secondary school. We were never really friends until maybe 6th Form. Bit of a confusing story, but we made proper friends through some other friends, basically. We started to talk more, eventually started to hang out on our own and arrange to do things just the two of us. Sometimes I'll see him regularly, sometimes I won't see him for a while. But he's the only person I actually arrange to see/do things with (leisurely things) in real life.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 10:50 am

i met my best mate at my old school, where rivals in almost everything and equals in almost everything only difference is hes NT im not.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 5:14 am

I'm not sure if I have a "best friend". I'm not really sure what a best friend is! Is it a friend that you could express almost anything to without being uncomfortable, do you have to be their best friend too? I wish that I was a little better with empathy so that if I did ever have a so called "best friend" that we would both be each other's best friends. It might happen someday. I'm still hopeful yet sometimes I get sad about it. I talk to this one girl at my college that I like hanging out with but I'm not sure if they consider me as their "best friend". I could talk to her about anything and she helps me out sometimes. I'm very fortunate that I have the cross country team and have a group of people to hang out with. But "deep" relationships are sometimes hard for me because of empathy and because I've noticed that I have trouble giving advice because I can't describe things very well sometimes. I sometimes feel as if I'm burdening the other person with my feelings, but maybe that's to do with empathy problems.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2007, 10:29 am

A few from school:

• My one best friend Holly was a new student at my school who came at the start of seventh grade. She had gone to a private school in sixth grade with another friend of mine from elementary school (Melissa), and transferred to the public school. Melissa, still at that private school, told me a little bit about what this new girl looked like - and so when I saw her in the hall on the first day of school, I marched right up to her and asked her if she was Holly, etc. Once we knew that we were told about each other through Melissa, we've spent every school moment together. We basically hit it off on the first day, and have been inseparable ever since. Holly's great.
  • Cara came as kind of an outcast, largely viewed as a teachers' pet/geek. She basically started sitting at my lunch table one day, and so Holly and I got used to her. There was a time when we hated her and tried to move to other tables to make her go away, but I think that was all resolved and now we're best buds.
  • Mandi has been Cara's best friend since preschool, and when Cara started hanging out with us, Mandi naturally did too. Now she's in my circle of close friends as well.
  • Bethany and I knew each other from way back in elementary school when she was a new student in fourth grade. We've been extremely tight ever since.
  • Brian was an ordinary classmate of mine who I didn't know a lot about. One day he just suddenly started sitting with me and the rest of my friends at lunch, proclaiming that I was his best friend. And now I really am, though it's kind of funny how I barely knew him and he was all "we're BFF!"
  • Sushmita has always been close with Brian and so she's been hanging out with us a lot. I've gotten to know her really well over time, and she sits with all my friends at lunch and such. Just one example of a friend of a friend who ended up becoming an immediate friend :/
  • Sean and I have known each other since he moved to the US from Jamaica in third grade. We've been very close for several years now.

TheSmilingGoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2007, 11:33 pm

i met my best friend at group anger management, and met him again when i started highschool (hes the only kid from the anger management class that i cant remember lol) apparently hes recently been diognosed with AS but im not sure bout that (he is extreamly weird though)

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2007, 2:21 am

My best friend is the most NT person I think there is. I think we became friends because I always sat by myself and she was new. So you put 2 and 2 together and wallah. The problem was she made new friends really fast, they were always so bitchy and lied behind each others backs, and I had to sit with them too***this was the 2nd grade***. Anyway we ALWAYS used to fight ( im in year 10 now and sometimes we still do) and I couldnt have cared less if she never wanted to speak to me again, but she always wanted too remain my "bffl" . In a way it makes me feel good because I'm better than her in everything that I want (except social things. ). I wouldnt be her friend but she could have lefft me in primary school to join any other group, but she didn't. besides, we made a pinky promise. :lol:

I also had snother friend id call my best friend, I certainly liked them better than the 1st one i mentioned, but friand A (first one) would always get jealous when id sit with her. i think this one had AS, and i wish we were still friends.

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 5:58 pm

Crosser wrote:
Just thought it'd be a good topic.

Truth be told, my best friend was basically the school bully. We were pretty much the worst of enemies back in middle school. I never expected him to be nice to me, but one day he just asked if I'd like to be friends. He kinda had a life changing experience after he was almost struck by lightning. Now we have semi-weekly overnights.

Just proves the old saying, you can't truly understand a person unless you've been their enemy first. Though there are other exceptions to that rule, it applies in this case.

That's always nice to hear.

My best friend and I met in elementary school while we were looking up profanities in the dictionary in a reading group.

HarrySutcliffe
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Mar 2008, 3:53 pm

My best friend i met in reception. He had made friends with my former best friend and after hating each other for about a month we became best friends. I recently found out that he has ADHD.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 6:16 pm

I have a best male friend and a best female friend. We first met in 0th grade (Preschoole I guess you would call it) but that is not the end of the story.

I was very much a loner in my early school years, and there was certainly no way I was speaking to a girl (I was 6, so sue me :P )
It wasn't untill 4th grade that I realised that there was really only one in class who was anywhere near me when it came to schoolwork, so I started talking to him, and we became friends.

Later, in the 7th grade we started playing cards every recess; me, him and whoever we could get to play. This often included a particular girl, someone who neither I nor my friend had ever taken much notice of, but she was actually really cool to be around (You a girl you know :wink: ) Since then time has just kinda gone by and made our friendship stronger. We are going to celebrate that we have known eachother for 2/3 of our lives later this year :D