Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Benthedemon007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

When I was 4, I was diagnosed with aspergers and adhd, and showed all the normal symptoms except for language loss (eg. hypersensitivity, awkwardness, eye contact, stimming, difficulty navigating social situations, mixed IQ [gifted verbally/a few other things, not-so-good processing speed, hyperactive, impulsive).
However, now, 10 years later, my symptoms have gotten a lot better. I am not hypersensitive to things/get meltdowns anymore, I know how to spot my awkwardness and turn it into a joke, I hardly ever cry, I might be awkward and am certainly not popular but don't seem to come across as "weak" or as a "looser" anymore, and I make fine eye contact most of the time (although it's nice to be able to listen to someone while simultaniously looking at something). I still sometimes don't know what to do in complicated social situations (more so than most of my friends) and do hyperfocus. I daydream hours a day and have a very good imagination. I'm an ambivert. I stimm a little bit, but more in an ADD kind of way (tapping, etc). I still have a mixed IQ. I do come off as a little different, as I like heavy metal and politics and love to research about space and the air force, and my personality is a little eccentric. Another thing that I never understood is, why do NTs get so angry over people disagreeing politically with them? Seriously. It makes no sense. Back to the point, even with these things considered, I come off as badly ADHD (I am very inattentive, impulsive, and procrastinate a lot) and most people would be pretty surprised to know I have any form of autism. I do still get picked on a little, but I know how to deal with jerks.

So my question is, with my aspergers being this mild, should I identify by it?