Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2016, 12:27 pm

do you like disney still yes or no

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm

Yes. My favourite Disney movies are Lilo & Stitch, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Monsters Inc., and Tangled.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 2:47 am

monsters inc is great, otherwise i don't do disney that much.

they seem bent on buying every existing piece of intellectual property.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Apr 2016, 12:38 am

Hell Yes!! !

Just last night, my girlfriend and I built a fort in her living room and watched The Aristocats, and Lady & the Tramp. I also brought Pocky and Ramune.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 2:54 am

^ you lucky bastard you. i with i could to go my GFs house more than twice a year.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

Like it; love it.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 5:13 pm

Of course! It's not as if I would suddenly stop liking it just because I've gotten older~. ^^

pittweiler88
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 May 2016, 9:25 pm

I use to watch Disney. And especially Good Luck Charlie all the time. Unfortunately I've seen every episode. I love anything with Bradley Steven Perry in it. Try Disney XD. Bradley Steven Perry is in a new really great funny action packed show with lots of stunts called Lab Rats Elite Force. It's a sequel to Mighty Med. And it's Labs Rats and Mighty Med combined into one show. And there's lots of Super hero's and villains in it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 2:34 am

i cannot deny the historical and cultural impact snow white and the seven dwarves had in 1937. of all the things from that time, i don't think there's whole lot that hold up as well today.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mickeytm28
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2018, 2:18 am

Disney is my ultimate top-tier special interest.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 9:15 pm

Yes. My favorite movies are the Incredible Journey and That Darn Cat. I love Siamese cats.

superlisadod
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2018, 3:12 pm

Yes, but not Disney Channel.

KyCoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2018, 5:08 am

Of course. It's an ageless thing. You can watch these cartoons at any time and at any age and they'll cheer you as they did when you were a kid. That's the magic of Disney. It's a legacy and we all should be proud of having shared our lives watching Disney cartoons. It'll always have a special place in my life.

So yes. I love it still.

KevinsWither
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2018, 1:31 am

Honestly Disney as a corporate entity, um not really. Although a few films hold dear, like Wall-E, for how I can relate to Wall-E and learning about the world around him.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2018, 5:19 pm

I liked it more when I was younger, before my cynical side kicked in. I can't help but feel like Disney has too much power as a single corporation, and learning about how they took credit for things other studios did back in the early-to-mid 1900s didn't improve my opinion of them. I also don't find the whole Disney Princess thing to be very trustworthy; it just feels like a mass enforcement of gender norms.

But I do have nostalgia for certain Disney things. The Lion King 1/2 and Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers are two movies that I watched over and over as a child; I didn't even watch the original Lion King until earlier this year, and I still think 1/2 is better, even though I'm wrong. I also watched a some Disney Channel stuff with my cousin when we were little: both Zack & Cody shows, the Lilo & Stitch Series and the old Timone and Pumba show. As for Pixar, I remember watching pretty much all their early 2000s stuff: The Incredibles, Cars, Wall-E, etc. I saw Incredibles 2 with my friend as well, and I liked it, but I'm not sure if it's better than the original.

Without a doubt, however, my favorite Disney property is Winnie the Pooh. That's one of the things I was obsessed with as a little kid; my older brother would read me the original books before I went to sleep, and I watched The Tiger Movie and Piglet's Big Movie a whole bunch of times. Then there's The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, which I also watched a lot, and I think it's a permanent member of my top 5 movies of all time; the animation has aged beautifully, the narration is great, and it's the perfect amount of wholesome. I also remember the Christmas and Easter specials, and how I was legitimately spooked when Rabbit saw a future where everybody had abandoned their homes in the Easter one. That's something I really like about the more obscure WtP pictures; they got surprisingly INTENSE at certain points. I remember one part of The Tiger Movie where everyone catches up to Tiger and asks tells him to come home, and Tiger straight-up SCREAMS at them, saying he needs to find his real family. Then there was the movie where everyone went on an adventure to find Christopher Robin, and they went through these creepy places and almost lost their lives. If there's one type of media I love, it's edgy things with a cute exterior, and I think WtP might be the reason for that.

I haven't watched the 2011 movie or the live-action Christopher Robin movie (apparently the real-world Christopher Robin disapproves of it, which is a shame, but I don't think that should detract from the film's quality), and I'd like to at some point. But at the same time, I feel like I'd rather let Winnie the Pooh be a relic of my early days; watching the newer stuff might ruin those feelings.

I don't always approve of how Disney does things, but they're here to stay, and I'm happy people are still enjoying what they put out.

Ligma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2018, 1:47 am

only because of Marvel. used to be a huge fan of them when I was a kid