Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2020, 8:23 pm

I fell down icy steps and broke both ankles in a compound Potts fracture on both my right patella is literally shattered I have a left compound femur fracture both forearms the radius and ulna are compound my left pinky index finger and thumb are compound as well as all of the other fingers on the left having fractures my right hand the ring finger is the only one not fractured but it is still going to have to be casted and my right middle finger and pinky are compound the only way I am doing this is telling my sister what to type my left humerus is fractured in 4 places and compound and my right is fractured in one spot but compound also both of my clavicles are compound and my hip joint is fractured in both sides as well as areas of my pelvis also I only have three ribs that are not fractured and i have one part of my skull that is fractured I am being prepped for a major surgery this is what happens when you have osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease) as well as Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and you are not careful however it was the kind of stair flights that are about 20 then a 3 foot spot and it repeats and I fell down 4 or 5 I also have a concussion

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 8:13 pm

I'm sorry this happened to you.

If you go around the Forum, and answer somebody else's post, this is a way to get to know people.

That's how I got to know people on this Forum----by putting in my opinion about things.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 10:38 am

Feel better soon, sorry you are going through this. :heart:
I have a little collection of ornamental pigs, I like them too despite being jewish lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 11:03 am

I'm Jewish, but non-practicing.

Don't Jewish people actually LIKE pigs as pets?---isn't it just that they feel like EATING pigs is ritually "dirty"?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 11:26 am

Did you see the movie about the guy who assassinated Yizhak Rabin?

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 1:13 pm

Yigal Amir. No. I don't watch films of that kind. Have you seen it?

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 1:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm Jewish, but non-practicing.

Don't Jewish people actually LIKE pigs as pets?---isn't it just that they feel like EATING pigs is ritually "dirty"?

Lol there are many stores that sell pork, I buy it sometimes. The Russian immigrants have a great demand for it. Pets? Not in Israel.
According to the Rambam, Maimonedes, the pig is unclean, and has a cloven hoof?
The interesting thing is pork often contains parasites, less common when farmed under veterinarian supervision. The laws of Kashrut are pretty smart actually considering that bacteria and other micro-organisms were still undiscovered.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 3:02 pm

Yep. I saw the film two weeks ago.

It was actually pretty good. It was relatively objective.

It was about the assassin's radical hatred of non-Jews. He perceived Rabin as being a traitor because he signed a treaty with Arafat, who, in his eyes, is an infidel, basically (though he doesn't use that particular word).

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 3:12 pm

It's not an accurate portrayal. Yigal Amir is affiliated with the extreme right, hating secular jews and believing in the biblical borders of a "complete" Israel. I just think he is a psychopath. We have them too :D He is despised for what he did. Rabin was a great man, a courageous man.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 5:05 pm

That's exactly how he was portrayed: as a psychopath.

You would have agreed 100% with the film.

I agree that Begin and Rabin were great men.

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2020, 7:33 am

Hope get better soon

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 8:24 am

pigsrock wrote:
I fell down icy steps and broke both ankles in a compound Potts fracture on both my right patella is literally shattered I have a left compound femur fracture both forearms the radius and ulna are compound my left pinky index finger and thumb are compound as well as all of the other fingers on the left having fractures my right hand the ring finger is the only one not fractured but it is still going to have to be casted and my right middle finger and pinky are compound the only way I am doing this is telling my sister what to type my left humerus is fractured in 4 places and compound and my right is fractured in one spot but compound also both of my clavicles are compound and my hip joint is fractured in both sides as well as areas of my pelvis also I only have three ribs that are not fractured and i have one part of my skull that is fractured I am being prepped for a major surgery this is what happens when you have osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease) as well as Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and you are not careful however it was the kind of stair flights that are about 20 then a 3 foot spot and it repeats and I fell down 4 or 5 I also have a concussion

gawd, that's AWFUL!! 8O :( i'm sorry this happened to you and i hope you are getting good pain relief at least. i went through a similar thing in 2012, it was a terrible time for me as well, am still dealing with the consequences to this day. i hope you heal a LOT quicker. you have youth on your side at least, you WILL heal quicker than this old man.