If you could literally relive your childhood...

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mophesh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jul 2008, 1:12 am

And by literally reliving your childhood I mean going back to when you first became aware of your existence, with the knowledge and abilities you have now?

I would probably try to find out why my parents divorced, and, if I could, stop them. I'd also try to become more social, because looking back on my childhood, the one thing I know I should've had back then were friends (I met my first, and only, true friend three years ago; nobody ever really talked to me beforehand). And maybe, if my parents are still together, I'd wish for a sibling... and hopefully get one before I turn 5, so that way our ages won't be so far apart (my oldest sibling is 9; we're 7 years apart) and we'd be as close as true friends (and if they were male, maybe I wouldn't hate guys so much).

What would you do?

willem
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:34 am

I would want to learn from a very young age how to survive alone in the wild.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 6:40 am

The earlier grades of school would be super easy of course.

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2008, 8:06 am

Haha! I've thought about exactly this this a lot. I'd love to "start over" with the knowledge and personality I have now as a kid, I'd certainly be a lot more disciplined in school, and do a lot better there, and I'd be nicer to people I haven't been the best towards in the past. I'd try and meet more people too I think. The surviving alone in the wild thing is something I'd like to do too. Knowing how to 'life off the land' is always something I've wished I knew.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jul 2008, 10:53 am

I would certainly change the way I treated the other children and my neghboorhood friends because the negative or strange treatment I gave them over the years caught up to me in the end in some weird and horrible ways.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 11:47 am

Quote:
And by literally reliving your childhood I mean going back to when you first became aware of your existence, with the knowledge and abilities you have now?

Sure, I think it would be a winner. To think of all the missed opportunities I could try to catch. If I were successful in just a few, my life could be dramatically changed, hopefully for the better. And other people's lives that mine has affected could be a little brighter perhaps. Also I could prevent some wrongs I've done others. It could be very good all around.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2008, 6:22 pm

>_> I'd shoot myself

KiyokosOnlyOnigiri
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2008, 12:26 pm

Hmm. I'd ask my mother to get me some sort of treatment before I grew up.

And ask my dad to take better care of himself so he did not die before I 5.

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:23 pm

I wouldnt do it. I had that experience once no need to try to change it

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:50 pm

School would be a lot easier. I would probably be able to skip a few grades so I would be able to finish school earlier. I would also play a lot more video games because I would be better at them. I also would make sure I don't lose my Pokemon cards.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 2:45 am

Ever since I saw the film The Butterfly Effect, I'm 26 by the way, I'm just here cause I think I have more in common now with teens than adults. For one, it seems most of the adults here think I simply am refusing to "get over" the injustice of being discriminated against by people just based on image, or what have you. I mentioned my age cause it's a rated R film. So the movie is about Ashton Kutcher's character being able to relive his life, and when he changes one thing, then something else goes horribly wrong. He never can get it right. So it's changed my whole perspective on wishing I could change certain events in my life. I mean, for all I know I'd change something and poof, end up without an arm. I think that happened in the movie.

Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 9:15 am

Definently not.

18 intolerable years that I could really do without..

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 9:18 am

not take a moment to think before I walked outside when a tornado was a less than a mile away.

Then I wouldn't have been stopped, and I'd only experienced a short time of pain

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 9:35 am

there is a one person i would honestly try to eradicate from existence by any means necessary and a few others who are slightly more distant but there none the less because of how they ruined most of my familys life.

LucidDreamGod
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 2:24 pm

I'd love to, the little kids would probably put up with my awkwardness and I'd be able to hopefully avoid being traumatized by public speaking again, by trying to avoid panic attacks with the social knowledge I have gained. Thus I'd be able to move forward on my social skills besides being stuck behind what feels like an impassible barrier.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 3:48 pm

I'd scrape together every penny I could lay my grubby little hands on in the mid-'80s, and buy up all the Microsoft stock possible in the IPO. :)