Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RuBoo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2005, 6:49 pm

I go to Derby Middle Shool. What school do you go to, what grade are you in, and (optional) who are your teachers?

Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Espion
Umbreon

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2005, 7:01 pm

gabrielino highschool, 10th grade,

barbossa, thran, mao,gonzalez,galvan,sellers

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 7:07 pm

I used to live in Derby Line, VT. Craphole of a town; the armpit of vermont. if you live there, i pity you.

Last edited by Serissa on 13 Nov 2005, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2005, 8:36 pm

Amherst Regional High School: 12th grade, Amherst, Massachusetts

Big school with almost one and a half thousand students.

Don't actually live in the Amherst-Pelham Regional School District district, but that's another story.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 2:04 am

It's not very wise to post this information Online is it? People could look at your previous posts find out more info abot you and locate you...anyway. i go to a school in between santabarbara and LA (where I spent 11 years of my life)

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 10:50 am

I'm not naming my school cuz it pretty much gives away my exact location (not that any of you have heard it before), but it's a teeny 500 people school 50 something miles outside of Boston

oh and I'm a junior

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 2:01 pm

iamlucille wrote:
I'm not naming my school cuz it pretty much gives away my exact location (not that any of you have heard it before), but it's a teeny 500 people school 50 something miles outside of Boston

oh and I'm a junior

Same kind of thing here. I go to a small, private school.

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2005, 4:13 am

Snobby high-school in the north of Sydney, Australia.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

Last edited by Soma on 13 Nov 2005, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2005, 4:21 am

Do you guys have any idea how much easier you are potentially making it for some psycho creep to track you down by posting the name of your school? That is way more information than you guys should be disclosing publicly as minors! I Strongly recomend that everybody edit the name of their school(s) from this thread!

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2005, 4:26 am

Exactly why I've not put it up Sean. We're teenagers guys, we're prime targets for all the perverts out there.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2005, 5:48 am

Knowing the approximate area where you live and the name of your school is enough information to eventually come up with an address you can be found at. I know this for a fact because I've done it before with work addresses just to see if I could. I only wanted the satisfaction of knowing I could get the information, so I then got rid of it. I've never left the house to find anybody. I should also add that I don't track down adult women in the US or minors anywhere for the sake of safety concerns. WillFreund1 is the only member I have made any attempt to track on the forums.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2005, 11:11 am

Sean wrote:
Do you guys have any idea how much easier you are potentially making it for some psycho creep to track you down by posting the name of your school? That is way more information than you guys should be disclosing publicly as minors! I Strongly recomend that everybody edit the name of their school(s) from this thread!

Good point; if it is derby VT that RuBoo lives in, don't post it, RuBoo, but I pity you. That area of vermont sucks.

Sean wrote:
Knowing the approximate area where you live and the name of your school is enough information to eventually come up with an address you can be found at. I know this for a fact because I've done it before with work addresses just to see if I could. I only wanted the satisfaction of knowing I could get the information, so I then got rid of it. I've never left the house to find anybody. I should also add that I don't track down adult women in the US or minors anywhere for the sake of safety concerns. WillFreund1 is the only member I have made any attempt to track on the forums.

Didn't you also have to have his name in that case too or were you able to pin down the IP address?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2005, 6:54 pm

Serissa wrote:
Didn't you also have to have his name in that case too or were you able to pin down the IP address?

I did get an IP address, but that is still a rare occurance for me. I did get their first name, approxiamte location, and line of work, and from there I was able to determine, the city they work in, their work address, work phone number, and work email. I quit and got rid of the information shortly before I aquired their home phone and address, as well as that of a couple relatives. The most interesting thing to note is that none of this constituted an invasion of privacy since I was using pubicly available information.

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2005, 8:51 pm

I've had enough weirdos track me down that I'm not to worried that I can reveal anything that I haven't already.

I have edited where I actually live from another post though.

I'm hoping that my uncle will teach me to use a gun in February vacation, and that I can get a Mass Firearms permit, as I've been paranoid for a while.

And my little bother has been tormenting me with the Akido he's learning, so it may be time that I learn some self-defense techniques (I always refused Karate in elementary school as I considered it too violent, athletic, and social)

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2005, 10:44 pm

Quintucket wrote:
I'm hoping that my uncle will teach me to use a gun in February vacation, and that I can get a Mass Firearms permit, as I've been paranoid for a while.

I would encourage everybody to own a gun for self defense for those of you that are old enough. It is a line of defense to fall back on if a computer firewall doesn't work.

Is a Mass. firearms permit a concealed weapons permit, or do you actually need a license just to buy a gun there? 8O :?

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2005, 10:53 pm

Sean wrote:
I would encourage everybody to own a gun for self defense for those of you that are old enough. It is a line of defense to fall back on if a computer firewall doesn't work.

Is a Mass. firearms permit a concealed weapons permit, or do you actually need a license just to buy a gun there? 8O :?

License to own a gun.
Same as with cars.
We require licenses for everything.
Only a matter of time before we require them for breathing and the entire state suffocates during the waiting period.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein