Page 8 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 1:08 am

AspieSingleDad wrote:
Hi YellowBannana? When's your vacation coming up? I hope it's a good break for you!

My holiday is now :D I have been in Greece the last few days enjoying the weather, family and good food.

But also my suicidal ideation has been pretty strong which is horrible when I'm trying to enjoy myself and relax!

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 11:27 am

As somebody with no qualification in psychology, it'd be my guess that your suicidal thoughts are stemming from the fact that you are having a very good time but you believe it's only temporary. You know you have a lot of obstacles to overcome. That's PARTLY right. The obstacles are temporary and you have the ability to get your life in such a way that it's closer to the vacation you are having now vs. the hardships you are currently enduring.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 9:36 pm

Hi YellowBannana. Are you still on your vacation?

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 4:24 pm

AspieSingleDad wrote:
Hi YellowBannana. Are you still on your vacation?

Just got home today. The weather was nice and the food was good, but being with my parents for that length of time was challenging, and the suicidal thoughts never waned. I am pleased to be home and looking forward to my cat being returned from the cattery tomorrow.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 5:50 pm

What part of Greece did you stay?

I've been to Athens, Rhodes, and Crete.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 11:02 am

I have a very serious concern! Is that what it's officially called, a "cattery"? Wouldn't it be a kennel? Does the place only have cats or does it have other types of animals. This is extremely important!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 11:46 am

Catteries only have cats in them.

They are strongly regulated in the UK.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 1:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Catteries only have cats in them.

They are strongly regulated in the UK.
A lady I used to work with runs one near me. It really nice and makes me wish I were a cat.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 5:30 am

Glad Kraftie cleared up the cattery thing for you Aspie Dad!

I'm not doing too well. The suicidal ideation has been getting the better of me, and I self harmed quite seriously last night to try to make it stop - consequently I am in hospital today for treatment of my injury. I'm hoping I'll be discharged later today.

I truly suck at life at the moment. Wish I could "snap out of it", but sadly we all know mental health problems don't work like that.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 9:50 am

Did you just have a birthday? Happy Birthday, by the way. I always get very depressed around mine.

Happy's the wrong word because obviously it wasn't. How about 'glad you survived another pointless marker in the totem pole of life'

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 10:55 am

Hi Fluffysaurus.

No, I haven't just had a birthday - it's at the end of June.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 3:37 pm

YellowBanana wrote:
Hi Fluffysaurus.

No, I haven't just had a birthday - it's at the end of June.
:oops: sorry I was sure you were 43 and now it says 44 so I thought you'd had a birthday.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 6:32 pm

You’re so smart. I wish you didn’t feel this way

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 7:58 am

YellowBanana wrote:
Glad Kraftie cleared up the cattery thing for you Aspie Dad!

I'm not doing too well. The suicidal ideation has been getting the better of me, and I self harmed quite seriously last night to try to make it stop - consequently I am in hospital today for treatment of my injury. I'm hoping I'll be discharged later today.

I truly suck at life at the moment. Wish I could "snap out of it", but sadly we all know mental health problems don't work like that.

Are they considering placing you in the hospital for awhile? It's not that I wish that, it's just that might be what you need at this point. How are things going with looking into attending college?

You're getting closer and closer to the date when you'll find out what happens......

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 1:52 pm

[@quote="AspieSingleDad"]Are they considering placing you in the hospital for awhile? It's not that I wish that, it's just that might be what you need at this point. How are things going with looking into attending college?

You're getting closer and closer to the date when you'll find out what happens......[/quote]

I was discharged from hospital this afternoon, have to go back on Wednesday morning for dressing change and to check for infection. I know what you're saying, AspieDad, and I am too have been wondering whether a short inpatient stay in psych hospital would be helpful at this point. Unfortunately it's not that easy to get admitted here. I see my psych on 11th June so we'll see how things are then.

Re college, I'm waiting for the part time prospectus for 2018-2019 to be published (should be any
day now) so I can see what days/times the courses I'm interested in are running.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 7:53 pm

Can you get voluntarily "committed" to a hospital?