Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2023, 12:35 pm

Joe90 wrote:
stratozyck wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I worry about how much we have trashed the planet with all our plastic, and the number of trees that get cut down every day to make toilet paper and other essential things, and all the scraps of metal and everything that can't be broken down.

I worry about the fumes from all the traffic, yet I worry about electric cars as well. I think electric cars will bring it's own set of problems, also electric vehicles have been known to burst into flames when on charge, sending off thick plume for miles. Surely that can't be very healthy for any living thing either. :roll:

My biggest concern is who makes these decisions. It seems to be rich people with no common sense or intelligence and are just thinking about money over the lives of people, animals and the environment.

I got good news for you! Paper is a farmed product. So the more toilet paper we use, the more trees they plant.

Worrying about electric vehicles bursting into flames only makes sense if you are in one. The environmental impact is negligible.

Everyone is selfish. That will never change.

Well that's good then. I read somewhere that they cut down millions of trees for toilet paper, but it was on Facebook so was probably another conspiracy theory thing.

Sorry, I don't know much. :lol:

I hate the way humans destroy animals' homes but when animals destroy our homes we kill them. It's not fair. I think all animals should be protected and a humane substance that deters pest animals should be in place, rather than mousetraps and rat poison. I can't bear it. As a rat owner (and rat lover) I have developed overwhelming empathy for wild rats too. When I give my pet rats a treat they look so cute and happy eating it with their little hands. Now think of wild rats doing that when given poison. Absolutely breaks my heart. Why are humans treated like we're so much more important than animals? It's their world too and they have a right to live.

Humans are more important than animals. Doesn't mean I don't favor efforts to protect animals, but humans are absolutely more important than non humans. Every species favors its own over others - but I would also add that humans are unique in that we can leave evidence of our mental intelligence after we die. No other creature can write down its thoughts or make art. No other species on the planet has the potential to leave the planet and colonize areas off of earth.

That rat would happily eat your corpse if it came to it. Other animals eat other animals as well. My cats would play with your rat for a few minutes before biting its head off for fun.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 12:36 pm

Humans are animals.