Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2024, 5:22 pm

BTDT wrote:
Hi Harmonie,

Welcome to New England!

It is very LGBTQ+ friendly where I live.

Hi, thanks! Yeah, if I ever find a girlfriend again that will be nice! Also will be nice for me to not have to hide so much the fact that I have an exgirlfriend. It's so awkward, as she has been/was very influential on my life and thus I feel the need to bring her up sometimes to relate a story, but when doing so I have to awkwardly switch pronouns and pretend my exgirlfriend was actually an exboyfriend as to avoid scenes being made.

Naturally, I'll still be careful, but perhaps not as worried about balancing that act as I am down in OK.

Anyway, sorry, OP, I didn't mean to take your topic off on a tangent. >.<

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 9:40 am

TenMinutes wrote:
Trump can't even get his supporters to protest at his trial. And his rallies are pathetic and the crowd is generally confused and bored. I predict he'll lose the election and there will be no consequences except heightened security.

OHHH..OHH..oh... ehat an opportunity to figure out a way to remove more civil rights from the population.? .. :ninja: :ninja:
Insurrection.. ban everything slingshots , butterknives.. crutches that are more than 15 inches long ......etc.
Freedom if speech will require congressional investingations and life long overwatch by the FBI . If not approved by
Gov. suthorities . :mrgreen: .....(..writfen,somewhat tough in cheek )

where ever you go ,there you are

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 9:09 pm

The whole world is a nightmare, not just the USA.

Just this past week I was grocery shopping and I happened to overhear a woman saying to a man that she was living the dream. Then she corrected herself and said she meant "nightmare", not "dream". And then she added everyone is living the nightmare.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 9:56 pm

i respectfully submit that bill gates is not living a nightmare. nor elon or The Dotard or any of the other 10+ figure usual suspects nor the hollywood and wall-street crowds. my CEO in-law is not living the nightmare either. theirs is a waking dream of things beyond avarice. my smugly middle-class MAGA neighbors are living their waking dream. they know the punishingly draconian new laws will never apply to them.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 10:38 pm

__Elijahahahaho wrote:
That sounds really bad. Can you become a mountain hermit?

What is project 25?

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

Critics of Project 2025 have described it as an authoritarian Christian nationalist movement[16] and a path for the United States to become an autocracy.

jeeessh.

Does anyone seriously believe that this would actually be enacted? Remember 99.9% of all of the bad things that it was said Trump would do if elected didn't happen after he was elected.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 10:40 pm

believe it.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2024, 4:22 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
__Elijahahahaho wrote:

What is project 25?

Edit:

Critics of Project 2025 have described it as an authoritarian Christian nationalist movement[16] and a path for the United States to become an autocracy.

jeeessh.

Does anyone seriously believe that this would actually be enacted? Remember 99.9% of all of the bad things that it was said Trump would do if elected didn't happen after he was elected.

Does stacking the court with three Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v Wade count as only 0.1%? :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 4:31 pm

some folks who are male and right-wing, seem to feel invulnerable to the patronizing misogyny of the usual SCOTUS troglodytes. they can't get pregnant so it's not their problem.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 6:03 pm

Harmonie wrote:
ProfessorJohn wrote:
__Elijahahahaho wrote:

What is project 25?

Edit:

jeeessh.

Does stacking the court with three Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v Wade count as only 0.1%? :|

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is/ was extremely disturbing ..Have heard these people talk ,that have seemed to espouse this Christian Nationalistic movement...Scared the beejeebers outta me , and was quite frankly disturbed that the entire audience did not get up snd walk out. During the speech .. Including slide show implying and providing documents implying that First Lady Michelle Obama was a man. Think, the extreme effort to be politically incorrect , not trans or anything but saying a man . :roll:
It was like watching some terrible Utube terror tactics to generate a response. And the man speaking was a Judge in my State . am not one to use the word Nutter casually ... but was watching this , inperson and live. 8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 6:14 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
Remember 99.9% of all of the bad things that it was said Trump would do if elected didn't happen after he was elected.

You mean because either the courts hadn't been filled with far-right appointees or because there were mature adults in the room.

Project 2025 intends on removing all the mature adults from the government leaving only Trump cultists. People who are acting like he's not a real threat because everyone was working overtime to reduce the threat need us to ignore that all of those people will be fired in order to have any credibility.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2024, 7:05 am

Harmonie wrote:
Hey, I'm also in Oklahoma, but here in the next month I'm getting the heck out of there! Needless to say, I understand your fears.

I know all too well the threat of Project 2025 and Christian Nationalists. Very scary, and I think it's about time people stop underestimating them. You'd think that maybe people would start waking up after Roe v Wade was overturned. However, I still see people insisting that elections don't matter, and nothing will happen.

Abortion being made illegal in many states wasn't "nothing". Flipping take this seriously people. The prospect of Trump and the Christian Nationalists taking power again is so concerning and scary that even I am deeply worried about being safe in the deep blue state I am escaping to.

Are you leaving the state or the country? I've wanted to leave the country for a decade, but I have no money.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 12:11 pm

Nightwing82 wrote:
Harmonie wrote:
Hey, I'm also in Oklahoma, but here in the next month I'm getting the heck out of there! Needless to say, I understand your fears.

I know all too well the threat of Project 2025 and Christian Nationalists. Very scary, and I think it's about time people stop underestimating them. You'd think that maybe people would start waking up after Roe v Wade was overturned. However, I still see people insisting that elections don't matter, and nothing will happen.

Abortion being made illegal in many states wasn't "nothing". Flipping take this seriously people. The prospect of Trump and the Christian Nationalists taking power again is so concerning and scary that even I am deeply worried about being safe in the deep blue state I am escaping to.

Are you leaving the state or the country? I've wanted to leave the country for a decade, but I have no money.

Sorry to hear this ...but it maybe easy to relate for many people. And people of means are probably setting up escape
methods . and the super wealthy most likely are immune to the situations we are facing , And have been having similiar thoughts . And countries are making it very hard to impossible to escape , imho. If you are alittle too old or are disabled, their immigration services , are not likely to let you into the country legally . But if you can prove or supply info to prove that you can be a asset to their country,a worker, or a known scienctist..IT worker . They may consider you . Had a passport but after several burglaries here , they finally got that too. Necessary to cross borders of any countries .. And the USA has created such a bad image of our country,due to our politicians choices,the world over .
And very very goid chance you will be judged by their standards. :skull: ... ""BUT on the otherside of the coin..!""
the USA has the leading military and spy org. and higher standard of living than most all other countries ...
But The pre-eminant military, since we are run by the Military Industrial complex . Am told by these other people that we have a corporate constitution . Now written into our constitution since late 1800s..possibly ? And btw it is in the best interest of other adversarial countries to the USA..To create dissatisfaction in our country, amongst our population.
To gain advantages in dealing with the USA ... But US citizens are often. ot aware of the things, put upon them from a variety of sources to help keep the populations , atitudes and perceptions under control ..IMHO
Seems that some people are more aware of real life circumstances sometimes than the average person ,, it would seem.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2024, 9:02 pm

Nightwing82 wrote:
Harmonie wrote:

Just the state. I'm moving to the New England region!

With the unstable state of the country I do wish I could leave the country, but I don't think that's possible for me. Some disability, no real skills/career, and I'm not wealthy. If the election goes badly, it looks like my only choice is hunker down in a blue state and hope that it blows over and I've survived it.

Even making this cross-country move is incredibly tough for me financially. Oklahoma is one of the cheapest states, the NE states are among the most expensive. However, as they say, you get what you pay for. There's a reason Oklahoma is so cheap. :shrug:

I hope you stay safe.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2024, 9:22 pm

Harmonie wrote:
Nightwing82 wrote:
Harmonie wrote:

Just the state. I'm moving to the New England region!

With the unstable state of the country I do wish I could leave the country, but I don't think that's possible for me. Some disability, no real skills/career, and I'm not wealthy. If the election goes badly, it looks like my only choice is hunker down in a blue state and hope that it blows over and I've survived it.

Even making this cross-country move is incredibly tough for me financially. Oklahoma is one of the cheapest states, the NE states are among the most expensive. However, as they say, you get what you pay for. There's a reason Oklahoma is so cheap. :shrug:

I hope you stay safe.

I plan to move to Colorado in July.

You pretty much said word for word everything I've been thinking.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 9:45 pm

I don't think Trump will win. But a lot can happen between now and Nov. I wish I knew what I could do to fight against Trump winning.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 11:10 pm

^^^move heaven and earth to prod non-voters into going to the polls and voting their best interests.