Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AmethystRose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2014, 12:27 am

Stay strong.
Use your support staff.
I wish I had support staff.
Forget the haters. They just don't know.
ID has nothing to do with wisdom. Wisdom comes from experience and from good nature.
IQ just doesn't factor in.
I like you.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2014, 3:01 am

Norny wrote:
I cannot possibly understand what life would be like for you, as we are two very different people, however I am sure of a few things:

. You frequently project wisdom with your posts, providing valuable insight
. You're a strong individual. You have not let your depression beat you before, and a vast majority of your posts have made many smile

I couldn't have said it better, KoR. If someone spoke to me like that person did I would be badly hurt as well. But I know you would be there for me or anyone else, and we are here for you. We need you here. I always enjoy reading your posts.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 7:40 am

I hope you are feeling better, I think that you are a person who makes a good worthwhile contribution to the life of the wrong planet. Please do not harm yourself.

I would say that you should keep in mind that killing yourself is a lasting way of dealing badly with a problem which is likely to be a shortlived problem. Sadly I can not claim to be the wise person behind that, I think it is a paraphrase of something the UK charity "The Samaritans" once wrote.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Everwolf
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2014, 1:10 pm

Hey buddy, be strong, and I hope you'll feel better soon.

You said you just got on Prozac right?

FDA says that those who start taking Prozac may have suicidal thoughts for the first 1 to 2 months.

Type in "FDA black box warning prozac" in google, and click on the first link for the info.

So it may be just the drug that's making you feel this way. Remember that and stay strong my friend.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 3:15 pm

I don't think she was trying to be hurtful, it sounded like a compliment but it always hurts when you feel someone is questioning your diagnoses. It implies you're fake and making it up. If people kept contradicting your dx, you start to wonder if you are just crazy and if you just fooled your doctors and wonder if they made a mistake or not with the diagnoses or just handed it out like candy. My mom has a saying, if you keep listening to a lie, it starts to become true. I am not sure how the saying goes.

I am not sure what else she said because she edited her post.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

AmethystRose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2014, 4:43 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I don't think she was trying to be hurtful, it sounded like a compliment but it always hurts when you feel someone is questioning your diagnoses. It implies you're fake and making it up. If people kept contradicting your dx, you start to wonder if you are just crazy and if you just fooled your doctors and wonder if they made a mistake or not with the diagnoses or just handed it out like candy. My mom has a saying, if you keep listening to a lie, it starts to become true. I am not sure how the saying goes.

I am not sure what else she said because she edited her post.

The problem with "complimenting" someone by saying they seem too profound or knowledgeable or intellectual to have an intellectual impairment is that it encourages the inverse: It encourages people to disregard what those diagnosed with ID have to offer; it supports the belief that those who have low IQs have no ability to think, understand or give useful advice.

They're two sides of the same coin and, personally, I'd like to see that coin taken out of circulation.

mattschwartz01
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Sep 2014, 6:33 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
please help,please say anything,am desperate to die,cant think of a way around it as everything is locked in the office with the sleep in staff and am sat up with a waking night staff who am not even able to show this to as they wont understand-am in desperate need to find a way around this otherwise know exactly what am like will end up doing something.
is it worth waking up the sleep in staff now,who is in bed but due up in a little bit?

have been at the lowest intake of barely working anti depressents the past week or so due to tapering off,just started on twenty mg of prozac yesterday/wensday-no side effects thanks to being started off quite low but am going to be put up to forty mg when used to it and then the pyschiatrist said she will go from there.

was suicidaly thinking but not actively suicidal tille tonight-logged onto wp as usual and came across this;
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp6258301.html#6258301
this was the reply to her-
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp6259719.html#6259719
reported it straight away and even posted scans of the diagnosis sheets of mine but the damage has been done and am sat here at rock bottom.
am fed up of resentful horrible people,they really skew the view have got of human beings, am already disconnected from them enough without people helping it along.

Hang in there! I've been there and it is no fun whatsoever. For the time being, take life hour to hour and please try not to look at the future or the past. I was hospitalized at the end of August due to major depressive disorder. While in the hospital, I was started on a regimen of Prozac. I've been on it 5 weeks and I'm now feeling significantly better. I got so depressed I was effectively shutdown, catatonic. My mom took me to the emergency room. Just take it one hour at a time and put some hope and belief that things can get better. When I entered the hospital, I was hopeless .... it was the worst I had ever felt in my life. I really and truly wish you all of the best.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 3:02 pm

I hope you feel better and more happy soon, if life is getting you down try to think of something funny. I can not make any promises but it might make you a little more happy.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm

People here are worried about you, KOR, you are not forgotten. Are you ok?

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 12:14 am

Quote:
FDA says that those who start taking Prozac may have suicidal thoughts for the first 1 to 2 months.

I second the notion that the new med was behind this, and I hope you are now feeling better.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 12:35 am

Hope you are doing well KoR

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:27 am

It can hurt a lot seeing other people's posts. I've been there tons of times. But you're a really great poster and I think we all appreciate having you here. Hope you are feeling better.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm

Please KOR let us know what's happening for you and if you are ok. We do care.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 11:14 am

Hey KOR....Please come back!

I want to hear about your chickens and your swimming.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm

To die gives you nothing. You dont exist anymore and it will be painful and your family will miss you. One day you will die, let the nature/god take your life, no need to do it by yourself my friend.

I know many things sucks in this life, but there is also many good things. If you die, you will never eat again, never drink again, never see a movie again, never feel the wind again, never listen to music again etc.

Enjoy the good parts of life and meet up with a psycholgist.