Say something positive about yourself.

Page 151 of 166 [ 2645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 166  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 9:06 am

I’m a pretty good drummer who uses his hands on subway train seats.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 7:51 pm

i can play the traps like a geriatric sleepwalker.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 7:55 pm

I do my best to try not to hurt anyone.

EmilyGims
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2019, 9:58 am

Hello. I make clay products well. :ninja:

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 10:00 am

I am a (good) creative cook.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

I have positive charges in my electrolytes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

EmilyGims wrote:
Hello. I make clay products well. :ninja:

hello Emily :flower: and welcome to our club 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 10:01 am

i have an epidermal layer.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 11:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Emulation mode? What's that?

Just looked it up. To be like someone else?

just like certain puters have emulation modes to operate older programs as though the OS were installed, certain of us aspies have emulation modes that make us function at least externally, like NTs. hollywood types like dan ackroyd and daryl hannah have the quality stuff, they pass at all times for NT. the rest of us struggle with our beta version NT emulators.

those two, particularly darryl hannah, make me so jealous... Anthony hopkins too.

I feel a bit resentful instantly - which i then curb.

to be that good at getting by and socializing and being successful which involves so much executive functioning, self regulation, socializing--how come they get to be able to do it?

It makes me almost about to think they're exaggerating to think they have Aspergers, but i immediately have to stop myself because that is how NTs already see even SEVERE AUTISTICS WHO ARE NON VERBAL oftentimes (like my son)! !! they act like u just spoiled the kid, if it were up to them, the kid would be 'normal' in no time!

so how can i think that about someone else? If someone is bipolar, mostly outsiders cant tell, only their inner circle and themselves know, and yet bipolar is still blatantly obvious compared to Aspergers...
so how can i expect uniformity with Autism presentation? but yeah i'm jealous and angry when i think of ASd people who, for instance, have tons of friends or a good education...

jealous of them, and angry at myself for not being like that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 11:18 pm

from what i've read, those two actors have been gifted with genius-level IQs. brute force intelligence powers through a lot of addlements. think of it like a computer with a crap video card but 4 top-quality CPUs working in concert. it can take just one of those CPUs and improve the lacking video. i hope that clumsy analogy made sense.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 11:23 pm

this life isn't fair so idk why i get mad when i see proof of it that can be directly compared to me.

esp as ppl are in far worse situations atm entire families and cities, things that most of them will never be able to recover from or escape from in their lifetime. things that were never their fault and will impact and brutalize their families perhaps for generations to come. so idk why i automatically jump to the 'its not fair poor me' mindset at the slightest thing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 11:28 pm

^^^blooie, the following comforts me and might comfort you as well, particularly the underlined/italicized parts-
DESIDERATA
Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world in full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is: many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 11:37 pm

it doesn't really comfort me as i'm preoccupied with thoughts of injustice that nobody bothers to correct or care for or talk about, because it makes them uncomfortable,
while exaggerating the importance of minor things, just blocking their mind to the people right next to them, that they can and should and must help (and the fact that i internalized this approach and think the same way automatically) but thanks for the thought. i'm sure it will be beneficial to someone else here.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2019, 1:04 am

I can cook in a fairly serious capacity, even if I don't usually bother at all.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2019, 1:27 am

i know how to spectrally strip a particular instrument or vocal soloist out from a monophonic recording.

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 1:22 am

I'm a rare duck, to mix phrases.