scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 2064 of 2215 [ 35425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2061, 2062, 2063, 2064, 2065, 2066, 2067 ... 2215  Next

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 8:30 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Juliette, I’ve been worried about you as well and keeping you in my thoughts. What you’re dealing with does seem scary, I hope you get your hearing back soon.

Thanks hun. Been reading what you’re going through and please know that you’re in my thoughts and prayers. You have this amazing attitude. Greatly admire that. Behind you 100% and hoping all goes well as can be. :heart:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 8:34 am

VegetableMan wrote:
The light is going out. No numeric value required.

So sorry things are not well {{{{{ VM }}}}} ... if it helps to talk about what’s happening, whether you’re losing someone you care about, or whether you yourself feel you can’t go on, for whatever reason, we’re here for you, sincerely.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jul 2020, 9:33 am

^Juliette, we admire YOUR strength in adversity! You're amazing. Has there been some improvement in your situation? Thank you for your care for fellow users who are going through rough patches for whatever reason. :heart:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 10:29 pm

-5, seems to be about my usual these days. Got a migraine last night that was still there for most of the day, am now dealing with post-migraine brain. Woke up around 4:30 AM and couldn’t get back to sleep at all. Really want to sleep, but my brain really says that isn’t happening any time soon. Really, it sounds so comfy to just lie down right now, but I can’t do that these days without my body trying to force my lymph nodes out, or at least back to their designated place, by coughing (without any success). Soooo close to getting answers, but it still feels like a long time to have to wait, even though probably by just two weeks from now I’ll have the results of my biopsy and my PET scan and we will be beginning actual treatment. I just want to know now exactly what kind of lymphoma (even if I’m right about having Hodgkin’s lymphoma, there are different subtypes of that) I have (or find out that my body is playing some kind of elaborate joke on me by perfectly mimicking lymphoma but not actually having lymphoma, somehow - we won’t even officially know that I do have lymphoma until we get the results of the biopsy back) and what our course of action is probably going to be so I can investigate both now and have information so I’ll be prepared for whatever’s coming. Had the biopsy on Thursday, appointment with the oncologist on Tuesday, PET scan on Saturday, and I expect we’ll be starting treatment very soon after we get the results of that. Plus I either have a cold or need stronger allergy medication, on top of everything else :roll:

I’m glad we at least have good medical insurance so all of this won’t be such a substantial financial drain as it might have been. It’s not going to be cheap, but it won’t put us in a bad financial situation, either (or so my mom says, anyway).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 10:43 pm

7ish?

I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel dedicated to history, specifically the history of non-Anglo peoples within the British Empire and our contributions.

I'm also wondering if perhaps moving to Odenak might be desirable. I'm not fluent in French so that will make living in Quebec harder at first but if I live on reservation it means I can have a home of my own and be less dependent upon my parents. If I live on reservation then money I make from music or from YouTubing wouldn't get taxed, money I make working in a factory does get taxed.

I can learn French, I don't know it well but the grammar is inside my head from grade 1 through grade 10.

I might be able to liberate myself and become my own boss doing something I don't dislike doing, but I'm not sure that I can.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 4:57 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^Juliette, we admire YOUR strength in adversity! You're amazing. Has there been some improvement in your situation? Thank you for your care for fellow users who are going through rough patches for whatever reason. :heart:

Thanks enviro ... :heart:. No improvement, but some new symptoms, and am booked in to actually see the Doc one on one for Wednesday. Docs here in the UK are only doing telephone appointments, so this might mean finally getting to the bottom of it. 8)

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 5:30 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
-5, seems to be about my usual these days. Got a migraine last night that was still there for most of the day, am now dealing with post-migraine brain. Woke up around 4:30 AM and couldn’t get back to sleep at all. Really want to sleep, but my brain really says that isn’t happening any time soon. Really, it sounds so comfy to just lie down right now, but I can’t do that these days without my body trying to force my lymph nodes out, or at least back to their designated place, by coughing (without any success). Soooo close to getting answers, but it still feels like a long time to have to wait, even though probably by just two weeks from now I’ll have the results of my biopsy and my PET scan and we will be beginning actual treatment. I just want to know now exactly what kind of lymphoma (even if I’m right about having Hodgkin’s lymphoma, there are different subtypes of that) I have (or find out that my body is playing some kind of elaborate joke on me by perfectly mimicking lymphoma but not actually having lymphoma, somehow - we won’t even officially know that I do have lymphoma until we get the results of the biopsy back) and what our course of action is probably going to be so I can investigate both now and have information so I’ll be prepared for whatever’s coming. Had the biopsy on Thursday, appointment with the oncologist on Tuesday, PET scan on Saturday, and I expect we’ll be starting treatment very soon after we get the results of that. Plus I either have a cold or need stronger allergy medication, on top of everything else :roll:

I’m glad we at least have good medical insurance so all of this won’t be such a substantial financial drain as it might have been. It’s not going to be cheap, but it won’t put us in a bad financial situation, either (or so my mom says, anyway).

{{{{ D&D }}}} that migraine and lack of sleep on top of everything else sounds like torture! Hope you get some proper rest soon as possible. Here’s to better days and nights! Stay positive & strong. xx

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jul 2020, 5:37 am

^Oh good! The wait must be frustrating and rather scary.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:01 am

Juliette wrote:
5 - Had a negative test result for covid this week thankfully, and have been placed on double strength anti-biotics. I’m on Day 13 since losing hearing in both ears, and the good Doc is really looking after me. She phones up every few days(a family member is communicating for me). Next week will likely see the start of further tests, if the anti-biotics don’t help.

Jules my thoughts and prayers are with you. Are you feeling any better? :heart:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:09 am

Thanks Teach :heart:. Not feeling any better 2 weeks in. I have such an annoying body(a head replacement would be perfect right now) hehe! Anti-biotics didn’t have any effect, so am booked in for tests this week. Hope you’re doing ok. xx

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:13 am

This is not a facetious question: can you read lips?

You can also get something on your phone which types out what a person says.

This is “just in case,” only.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:31 am

KK, I have so learned to value the reading of lips these last 2 weeks, very much so :). Also, subtitles on tv. Would be lost without them! I watched Hamilton, the musical last night ... was so good! I’ve learned to tune out the strong tinnitus. Sure makes you appreciate and value your other senses! Thanks for the phone tip(funnily enough I had someone use that with me when I had hearing, with hilarious consequences ... as it changed some of their words! Kinda like autocorrect does :lol:. Hope you’re doing ok.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:39 am

I’m doing all right. You have an excellent attitude about your situation.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:53 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m doing all right. You have an excellent attitude about your situation.

Glad to hear you’re doing alright. Thanks ... I’m trying to view this as temporary, though it feels like an alien’s decided to take up residence in my head ... everything in life is temporary?! ...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 7:31 am

Make sure you’re diligent about self-advocacy in this.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:03 am

Will do my best. Thank you.