Page 482 of 580 [ 9268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485 ... 580  Next

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:40 pm

I honestly don't know how much longer my 18 1/2 y/o cat will last. She had a terrible seizure today that lasted almost a minute, and I can't do a thing about it. She was also out of it for about a half hour afterwards.

I feel so sad and irresponsible, because I didn't do much to really control her epilepsy; all I did was give her a few drops of CBD in her day food. I don't know a vet near me that is either cheap or have affordable pet insurance, but they would have loved to help.

She had her first seizure a year and a half ago, and since then, I felt anticipatory grief on and off, and even bought a plush version of herself that acts like an urn. People keep telling me that it will be okay, and that I will have another cat that's just as great.

The truth is, I don't deserve another cat. As I stated before, I didn't take her to the vet often enough, and had I afford it, my cat would have been seizure free. If I did the same to another cat, it would be taken away from me for sure due to my actions.

TL;DR, I suck at taking care of my dying cat. :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:36 pm

18 1/2 years is a ripe old age for a cat.

I’m sorry the cat has had to undergo seizures, and that you had to see them.

I bet you took better care of your cat than you think you did.

If your cat passes away, I would get another cat if I were you.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:42 pm

I'm sorry about your kitty's declining health, WC. The truth of the matter is that even with treatment (insurance), a cat that age with Epilepsy would likely still have seizures. Try not to feel guilty or blame yourself. You've clearly done something right to have a cat that age. My cat is also 18 and he has pancreatitis without any insurance.

My younger cats are insured but meh, insurance doesn't cover as much as people think it will. Given the cost of monthly premiums and wellness checks (uncovered), I'm sure I'll only break even by the time they're 18 and they have multiple health problems.

Hugs to you and your kitty.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 2:32 am

I'm sick, sleep deprived, and stressed. I constantly feel like I want to scream at the top of my lungs and not stop because I am so overwhelmed.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 5:35 pm

I have plenty of rants about my roommates.
Ehem, I mean my very family who I live with under the same roof.

1. Clothes clutter. And just clutter. We're supposed to deal with our own non-shared stuff.

2. This house is practically a music studio and a private karaoke bar. The latter's noise and rowdiness?? Fine.
The former's insistence for the whole house to be quiet because of some private recording and that we don't have a sound proof room?? Problem. And I thought I'm supposedly the noise intolerant in the house.

3. Leaving a lot of electrical appliances on even if no one's using or watching or whatever it is intended. Usually televisions, lights and electric fans.

4. The dog. I'm not an animal hater ​and I don't hate dogs. However, someone in this house did not listen when we said we don't want one.
I hate cohabiting with that dog. I hate having to watch where I step and sit every time I'm downstairs. I hate it more if I stepped on literal s*** or piss or even vomit which happens more often on the seat. And a possible hazard of stepping said dog on the stairs at night.
Sometimes downstairs smelled bad enough that neighbors complain.

5. Shoes and bags. Like clothes, it clogs the space off not to mention it's sometimes a home to pests.

When my sister leaves to abroad...
I hope it will change.

Not because she's the source of the mess -- that would be our mom.

But because she has her own space merely because she has a boyfriend. :roll: I want a space for myself and she have it all these years.

6. Whenever said man is at home, I cannot walk around braless. I mean come on, damnit!..

I don't like the first she brought, but the second one is more decent -- trustworthy enough to let my mom sleep at this man's house.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 4:42 pm

Having to do everything by myself while I'm sick is so exhausting and annoying. My back hurts and I feel like I'm going to puke, and I still have to clean and pack up things.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 5:17 pm

My mom has been screaming at me all day and then started yelling at me for crying. I'm so done with just existing and I wish I wasn't even born.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 5:25 pm

I looked for about three hours online to find a freaking pyjama set for my mother. Sounds simple right?

- cotton jersey (not silk, satin, flannel)
- straight leg
- long sleeves
- button front
- no plaid, no floral, no cartoons, no snowflakes, polka dots, or Christmas sayings
- plain grey or pale blue, white piping is OK
- no lace or flared bottoms
- size small or xs.

I gave up. It's impossible apparently.

I looked worldwide.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 12:27 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
My mom has been screaming at me all day and then started yelling at me for crying. I'm so done with just existing and I wish I wasn't even born.

Ditto.
You had your chance while you were still in the womb.
The umbilical cord is there for a reason. 8)

Give it time.
Things always get better...
Err, eventually. :wink:

But watch out for certain signs. 8O

The sign said:
"Smile, things could be worse."
So I smiled, and sure enough, things got worse. :mrgreen:

You can always tell when I have been at the chocolate. :drunken:

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 4:00 am

I am the only person that I know who actually washes their hands after using the toilet.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 5:51 am

I'm at my wit's end. My mom just got out of the hospital for a broken hip. She pushed to have surgery despite doctors saying she could recover with physical therapy. It makes me sad, but she likely just wanted heavier pain medications and more of them. She is addicted to both pharmaceuticals and surgeries.

She was sent home last night, and my sister was called over to her house for an emergency soon after. She isn't supposed to be putting any weight on her hip, but had gotten up (when my stepdad wasn't looking) and gone to the bathroom. She was found lying on the floor (my stepdad thought she was in bed) and they couldn't get her up (she kept going limp). My sister, stepdad, and 17 year old nephew likely injured themselves moving her. I'm not sure if she found some extra medication somehow and was close to another overdose (she has had multiples) or what.

I still haven't heard from the family (I just moved many states away recently), but I don't know how this will set back her recovery either. I'm also a little paranoid that she injured herself intentionally (also not the first time) to get me to move back to her area.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 5:53 am

Kerch wrote:
I am the only person that I know who actually washes their hands after using the toilet.

Ughhh. The people you know are really unsanitary!

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 9:45 am

Statute of limitations sometimes seems designed specifically to let rapist pedophiles get away with what they did.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 11:02 pm

Pigs -- I mean the people variety. Disgusting piggish people who objectify others and treat them like chattel, debating and judging their looks like they're playing cards, using, exploiting, commodifying and discarding people.

Infidelity. Insincerity. Piggery.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 11:55 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pigs -- I mean the people variety. Disgusting piggish people who objectify others and treat them like chattel, debating and judging their looks like they're playing cards, using, exploiting, commodifying and discarding people.

Infidelity. Insincerity. Piggery.

Oink! 8O

That reminds me of a joke:

Q: What do you give adolescent pigs for their acne?
A: Oinkment. :mrgreen:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 1:26 am