Page 493 of 585 [ 9351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496 ... 585  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 7:01 pm

I hate having to be in the car with my dad because I can never tell if he's going to be drunk or not. I just was on the most absolutely f*****g terrifying drive that I've ever been on.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 7:03 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Why do people (neighbours) just randomly start hammering? :roll:

I once had a downstairs neighbor tap-tapping in the middle of the night. It sounded like they were putting in picture hooks. Over and over and over again. I thought the next day I'd snoop in the fishbowl and see hundreds of crucifixes nailed to the wall or something.

I remember once my neighbours were literally hammering to the wall for 3 whole days. We wondered if they were making a picture on the wall out of nails. Lol.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:01 pm

Joe90 wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I once had a downstairs neighbor tap-tapping in the middle of the night. It sounded like they were putting in picture hooks. Over and over and over again. I thought the next day I'd snoop in the fishbowl and see hundreds of crucifixes nailed to the wall or something.

I remember once my neighbours were literally hammering to the wall for 3 whole days. We wondered if they were making a picture on the wall out of nails. Lol.

They may have been hammering to annoy you. :mrgreen:

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 8:09 am

Yes, thanks for dragging our name into the mud. Much appreciated. :roll:

I don't and still won't have anything to do with you.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

Ludovicus Europae
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Mar 2022, 12:18 pm

Whenever I'm in a supermarket and I see kids riding scooters up and down the aisles. The parents in nearly every case don't seem to be bothered about this either. Honestly, the amount of times I've nearly had some stupid kid crash into my trolley, or nearly taken them out with my trolley as they come zooming round the corner. I work in a supermarket too, and whenever I see this, I am always tempted to tell them off, but of course there's nothing I can really do. Also, there are things such as cages filled with stock, colleagues getting items for online orders, and I'm always nervous that at any moment, a kid on a scooter is going to crash into something or someone, and get themselves or someone else hurt. Not only does it make me nervous but it just makes me a bit p*ssed off as it also represents a certain level of carelessness on the parent's part.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 11:14 am

Ludovicus Europae wrote:
Whenever I'm in a supermarket and I see kids riding scooters up and down the aisles. The parents in nearly every case don't seem to be bothered about this either. Honestly, the amount of times I've nearly had some stupid kid crash into my trolley, or nearly taken them out with my trolley as they come zooming round the corner. I work in a supermarket too, and whenever I see this, I am always tempted to tell them off, but of course there's nothing I can really do. Also, there are things such as cages filled with stock, colleagues getting items for online orders, and I'm always nervous that at any moment, a kid on a scooter is going to crash into something or someone, and get themselves or someone else hurt. Not only does it make me nervous but it just makes me a bit p*ssed off as it also represents a certain level of carelessness on the parent's part.

These days kids see everything as a child's playground and it seems to be allowed, the parents do nothing and glare at you if you show any sort of disapproval to their kids. When I was a kid we basically had to be seen and not heard.

I remember a few years ago I was in a library, and there was this toddler running around screaming at the top of its lungs, and the parents didn't bat an eye - until I made a face at the parents, then they suddenly took the kid's hand and told it to be quiet.

In most cases, I blame the parents. People say "kids will be kids, you can't control them" but this isn't the case all the time. A typically developing child can be taught certain behaviours at as young as 2 years old. I know people who teach their toddlers that libraries are quiet places, supermarkets aren't playgrounds, etc etc, and their toddlers are very well-behaved. But some parents just allow their kids to be noisy and unruly and have no boundaries.

Back to your issue, there should be a rule in every supermarket where children are not allowed to ride scooters, starting with putting up notices on the doors. That was what it was like when I was a kid.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 11:21 am

Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I'm beginning to think the neighbours upstairs are stomping noisily on purpose. Every night when I go to bed, there's an awful lot of noise in the bedroom above (no, it isn't what you think it is). It sounds like they're doing jump rope but keep stumbling and falling over with a big crash, then stomping their feet from one side of the room to the other. This goes on for ages, right when I just want to quietly watch a DVD in bed. No, I'm not using headphones to watch a DVD, as I find they hinder when I'm laying on my side, and I can't always find the right hole in the back of the TV to plug them in (I have to move the TV right out to look for it). I just want to have peace, the rooms in these apartments are small and so there is only so much walking around you can do. Why can't they just settle down and do something quietly? Why do upstairs neighbours love to move around so much? :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 4:38 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I'm beginning to think the neighbours upstairs are stomping noisily on purpose. Every night when I go to bed, there's an awful lot of noise in the bedroom above (no, it isn't what you think it is). It sounds like they're doing jump rope but keep stumbling and falling over with a big crash, then stomping their feet from one side of the room to the other. This goes on for ages, right when I just want to quietly watch a DVD in bed. No, I'm not using headphones to watch a DVD, as I find they hinder when I'm laying on my side, and I can't always find the right hole in the back of the TV to plug them in (I have to move the TV right out to look for it). I just want to have peace, the rooms in these apartments are small and so there is only so much walking around you can do. Why can't they just settle down and do something quietly? Why do upstairs neighbours love to move around so much? :roll:

How do you know what I was thinking? :scratch:
Erm, silly question. You obviously know me well. :mrgreen:

Has your boyfriend ever spoken to the neighbours about the noise?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 1:49 am

Quote:

Well it seems that a lot of guys here have sex on the mind... 8)

Quote:

Well, you can't really, as he doesn't want to cause any conflict. I feel like putting a note through their door saying to walk a bit less like an elephant and more like a human being, but it will just be weird if I did that. I don't know if they're doing it on purpose or not. My boyfriend likes to listen to loud music when he's drunk (and I can't stop him or make him wear headphones) and so maybe stomping around like elephants is their way of protesting. It isn't fair on me though, because I don't make the noise, all I want is a quiet life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 4:27 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

Well it seems that a lot of guys here have sex on the mind... 8)

We are males.
It's our job to be wankers. 8)

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

Well, you can't really, as he doesn't want to cause any conflict. I feel like putting a note through their door saying to walk a bit less like an elephant and more like a human being, but it will just be weird if I did that. I don't know if they're doing it on purpose or not. My boyfriend likes to listen to loud music when he's drunk (and I can't stop him or make him wear headphones) and so maybe stomping around like elephants is their way of protesting. It isn't fair on me though, because I don't make the noise, all I want is a quiet life.

One for your boyfriend and one for the baby upstairs:

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 5:10 am

Pepe wrote:
We are males.
It's our job to be wankers. 8)

I keep my suspicions.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 12:00 am

Quote:
SHOW SPOILER

Why pillows?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 3:35 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
SHOW SPOILER

Why pillows?

Ummm.
Perhaps someone else can field this one? 8O

Ludovicus Europae
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Mar 2022, 1:51 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Ludovicus Europae wrote:

These days kids see everything as a child's playground and it seems to be allowed, the parents do nothing and glare at you if you show any sort of disapproval to their kids. When I was a kid we basically had to be seen and not heard.

I remember a few years ago I was in a library, and there was this toddler running around screaming at the top of its lungs, and the parents didn't bat an eye - until I made a face at the parents, then they suddenly took the kid's hand and told it to be quiet.

In most cases, I blame the parents. People say "kids will be kids, you can't control them" but this isn't the case all the time. A typically developing child can be taught certain behaviours at as young as 2 years old. I know people who teach their toddlers that libraries are quiet places, supermarkets aren't playgrounds, etc etc, and their toddlers are very well-behaved. But some parents just allow their kids to be noisy and unruly and have no boundaries.

Back to your issue, there should be a rule in every supermarket where children are not allowed to ride scooters, starting with putting up notices on the doors. That was what it was like when I was a kid.

Ohhhh yes, the parents have a significant part of the blame placed on them from me. Another time I was in a restaurant, and there were these two kids running riot around the place. Bear in mind there were waiters carrying trays of hot food, as well as drinks. They were also doing what they called 'break dancing' right behind my chair and kicked it several times. After what I like to call a 'stare of the abyss' they moved away from me, but the parents did absolutely nothing to control them. As for what you were saying about control, sometimes I look at this kids tearing around with little to no parental control in certain places and I think to myself: if they're like this now, what on Earth are they going to be like in the adult world? I'm just picturing adults running around causing chaos now!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 1:34 am

I hate when people won't stop talking about just absolutely nothing, it's so GD annoying.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 10:54 am

Fed up with being yelled at at work by a supervisor that isn't my supervisor any more and even isn't a supervisor at all any more. I work in a different department now and I only see him just before my shift ends, yet he still keeps finding things to yell at me about. I don't like being yelled at just because he's pissed off because there's been change. I'm not the one who's changed everything. I just want to be busy and get my work done and come out at 5pm knowing I've done my job. I don't want to be shouted at. I hate being shouted at when I don't deserve it, it triggers my anxiety and makes me tearful. :cry: