Page 504 of 584 [ 9337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507 ... 584  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 8:32 am

I've decided to give up on making friends. It's too much effort for no reward or fun times. Someone I thought was a close email friend has stopped emailing. My 2 local friends have disappeared too. I am always the one contacting them and suggesting meeting up. I can't do that anymore, I need just a tiny bit of reciprocation and thoughtfulness for me for a change. I'm going to do my job and live in my imagination from now on. Which luckily I can do now as I haven't got a small, sick child, she's nearly grown up and much healthier.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 8:33 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Why do people always act weird around me or look at me like they f*****g hate me. I literally just exist and people instantly act like they don't like me. I'm obviously doing something wrong body language or tone wise, but I have no idea what it is. It makes me so mad because I can tell I'm doing something wrong, but my dumbass self cannot figure out what it is. FML

I get that too! People take an instant dislike to me, I've no idea why. I just have to walk into a room and people start glaring and snapping at me. It didn't used to happen when I was younger, well not as much.

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Sep 2022, 3:19 pm

Haven’t been here in a long long time. I feel too many feelings all at the same time and it’s exhausting.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 1:52 pm

How to live a typical day as an upstairs apartment tenant.
You'll need one, two or three of these mental conditions (all three would be excellent):-
Insomnia
Agoraphobia
OCD

Find two bricks, stick straps on and put them on your feet before getting out of bed
Jump out of bed as hard as you can and stomp to the living-room
Pick up a box of marbles and tip them out so they go scattering all over the hardwood floor
Be sure to slip over a couple of times on the marbles
Sweep up the marbles using a stiff outdoor broom that clangs against every piece of furniture and skirting-board
Move all furniture to pick up the rest of the marbles
Move a grand piano across the room because it will look nice in a different spot every day
Do exercise for hours all afternoon and evening, dropping the weights on to the floor, and use a skipping rope too, but do not take off your brick shoes
Run whenever entering a room, your heavy brick shoes will probably help you stumble and fall over
Dance around the room whatever activity you're doing, even if it's supposed to be a quiet activity like sewing or doing a puzzle
Hammer a nail into the wall almost every day, to stop you dying from boredom of seeing the same picture frame in the same place every day
The day is drawing to an end, and now that you've done all unnecessary tasks that involve as much noise as possible, it's time to do some housework
Make sure you vacuum thoroughly in every room and walk to and fro as much as you can while sorting out laundry
After a hard day of constantly doing physical activities without sitting down even to eat lunch, you'll need a shower. Stay in the shower as long as you can (half an hour to an hour) and move around as much as you can, dropping potion bottles as you do so
Don't forget to move the grand piano back to the other side of the room
Make sure to have no music or TV on loud because if there's none of that then your downstairs neighbours can't complain at your "normal, innocent, everyday noises"

Enjoy being inconsiderate as*holes!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 5:31 pm

I was having a good time until we were on our way home from camping and I was able to check my phone when it got service again. I saw that my mom texted me from a new number and she made it sound like my dog had choked and died, but I talked to my dad and he said that Phoenix is fine. I'm still shaking and I'm so f*****g mad.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 6:35 pm

It's this... Week/s again.

I want 'this' over with.
Fricking distracted, so distracted... I got no time to sleep and eat my breakfast to work and I'm also late.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 10:00 pm

Something straight up died under our house and it smells SO BAD. The house has smelled bad since we got home yesterday, but it was worse this morning and is even worse now. We only finally figured out what the smell was because we came home today and could smell it in the backyard, and there were flies flocking around a specific area of below the house. Now I'm gonna have to crawl under there with spider webs everywhere and God knows what else and try to find it + remove it. :eew:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 10:27 am

The new neighbours have this massive, annoying cat that yowls constantly. It yowls overnight and often in the daytime too. It sounds like a fox or velociraptor. Maybe it's a werecat and changes in the night time! haha.

They don't have a cat door so it sits yowling outside a lot of the time. They also have a dog but he is very quiet and well behaved.

I shouted and clapped my hands out of the window in the middle of the night one time to get this cat to shut up for once and let us sleep, it was either fighting or mating with some other cats outside our window. Having an orgy! I am going to get a dog whistle, hopefully cats can hear that and it might shut them up! :lol: I'd also like to get an airhorn but that might upset the humans as well!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 5:53 pm

My aunt corrects me whenever I make a sarcastic (not mean sarcasm) joke and I'm actually starting to get mad. I'm just gonna shut my f*****g mouth.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:10 am

Fed up with vehicle drivers always wanting to make me jump, to startle me. My therapist told me not to post things like this on autism forums because of the answers I get ("everybody is noticing you because of your 'body language' so they will startle you just for fun"). But what the hell.

This is why I get mad whenever Aspies here lecture that I lack empathy just because I don't approve of some things, yet NTs (I'm assuming that most of these loud drivers are NTs) get to deliberately upset people and cause me anxiety and grief every time I go out, and Aspies still claim that NTs have empathy.

So what is empathy? If it means respect then pull the other one.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:16 am

HeroOfHyrule- people like that want to shut you up, that's their aim. Keep commenting, be you 8)

Joe90- those drivers are just rude and inconsiderate. They should be concentrating on driving, not looking at people's body language.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:18 am

Especially on the very curvy and narrow roads of the UK......

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:55 am

It is definitely weird being in limbo like this. 2 friends (who don't know each other so it's not like it's a group thing) have disappeared. I know they are still alive because I've seen them around on social media, but they never replied to my last messages to them. One was 10 weeks ago, another was 7 weeks ago. We saw each other regularly til then, I thought we were close friends.

I've reached a bit of a watershed. I think I should contact them again but there are two problems with that.

1) I want to leave it just to see if they ever contact me again, like a test. If I never hear from them again, I'll know where I stand.

2) From previous experience, if I don't hear from a friend for a while, it means I've said or done something 'wrong'. And when I contact them again, I get a barrage of insults, usually without me having a clue what they're talking about. I want to protect myself from that, it's easier just to let them go.

People are very strange. Why not just say 'you upset me when you said XYZ. What did you mean?' instead of ghosting and/or firing insults.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 6:59 pm

I'm getting so f*****g tired of being corrected 24/7, even when I know that I'm right. I want to just be left alone for the weekend. I don't want to go anywhere or talk to anyone and deal with their BS.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 6:32 am

Quote:
Joe90- those drivers are just rude and inconsiderate. They should be concentrating on driving, not looking at people's body language.

My therapist says that NTs don't recognise body language as much as Aspies make out they do, and I hope he's right. I mean, what's one mediocre woman standing there minding her own business and not doing anything out of the ordinary out of several other people in a busy street? Why would I notice that much to passing cars and motorcycles? I was just standing there doing nothing, waiting for my ride, the same as what several other people were doing. Even if I was doing something odd like pacing about flapping my hands (not that I ever do, even at home) I pretty much doubt passing motorists will care to notice enough to honk their horn.

That's what my therapist said when I told him about it. He said to look at it from their perspective; if I was driving a car would I really go to the trouble of honking my horn at some random stranger in a busy street? Would I even notice the random stranger out of a few hundred?

Just saying what my therapist said. I just felt frustrated because motorists kept honking their horns just as they passed me and it stressed me out, as I don't like loud sudden noises. But surely they can't know that. I mean, driving a car or motorcycle in a busy street isn't really the right time to work out what a random stranger's life story is. Are they really going to go "hmm, that random person over there seems autistic even though she isn't doing anything even remotely autistic, I can still tell by her body language, so that must mean she doesn't like loud noises, so I will be ironic by honking my horn to startle her, as I'm NT so I'm automatically a jerk-ass"? Do NTs in general really think like that? Do most NTs even care to know what autism is? The answer is no.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:27 am

^ Pervy men honk at women. They don't care if it makes us jump.....it amuses them.

That's all there is to it.