Need a Hug. My stepdads fish died. :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 12:53 am

I got home yesterday from a long trip to Oklahoma. I had a lazy day today. For fathers day we got my stepdad fish. I picked out a special powder blue gourami. His name was bluebell and he was my favorite. I just finally went in to see the fish, and say hello. Bluebell was not there. In surprise I said "where Is the blue one?!" and my mother told me he died. i cannot stop crying. I miss the fishy! when we got the fishies it brightened evrything i liked to watch him swim! :( now he is gone.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 1:03 am

Do you know why?
Are the other fish ok?
Was Bluebell the only one of his species in the tank?
Did you only have him for a short time? (Maybe he was already sick.)
Did the weather/room temperature change drastically?
I would be finding an internet club about that kind of fish.

heckeler06
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 1:43 am

*Hug*

As best as I can.

David

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 2:26 am

Oh no. :cry: Hug.

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2009, 12:39 pm

I'm sorry about Bluebell. I cried when my fish passed away, too.

CDRhom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2009, 10:20 pm

*hugs*

sg33
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2009, 10:43 pm

*hugs!*

Oh, that is sad! A person can get pretty attached to a fish.

Hey, just a suggestion: if you have other fish in that tank, consider researching how to prevent disease (I know people use things like aquarium salt and antibiotics but I don't know enough to say anything about those). It'd be terrible to lose another one.

*hugs again*

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 9:33 am

Can you really get attached to a fish? Well i don't know myself, whe don't have fish. Must be a pretty cool fish then i guess.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 10:08 am

UndercoverAlien wrote:
Can you really get attached to a fish? Well i don't know myself, whe don't have fish. Must be a pretty cool fish then i guess.

i didnt know either :I but ive had people laugh, and i mean hysterical laugh at the notion of emotional attachment to something as common as a bird :S i was so surprised at people who couldnt understand how one can love a bird

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 4:36 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
i didnt know either. I but i've had people laugh, and i mean hysterical laugh at the notion of emotional attachment to something as common as a bird :S i was so surprised at people who couldn't understand how one can love a bird.
That's a sick person who has no respect for you. Stay away.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 4:44 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
i didnt know either. I but i've had people laugh, and i mean hysterical laugh at the notion of emotional attachment to something as common as a bird :S i was so surprised at people who couldn't understand how one can love a bird.
That's a sick person who has no respect for you. Stay away.

it was one of my best friends since childhood :D

and i DO stay away ;] he stepped over line after line, untill bonds had to be cut

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2009, 12:11 pm

*Hug*

I felt that way when my neighbour's cat died. He may have not have been mine, but he practically lived with me and was my best friend for a long time. I adored that cat and basically cried for several weeks straight and on off for about 2 years. And I am not particuarly emotional either. I got so annoyed when people said 'He wasn't your cat, what's all the fuss about' because he WAS in my mind, and I loved him alot, closest I have ever come to having my own pet.
16 January 2001, when he died, I still claim to be the worst day of my life, worse than family member deaths. I still miss him sooo much and sometimes still grieve on anniversaries, but I have got over it as much as I will ever do.
I hope you get over it soon, cos I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone.

Stay positive :)

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 1:00 pm

*hug* I cried when one of my fish died too; it's horrible when they don't live long, but you did your best to look after it. These things just happen :(