Cliques and Thieves at school...a rant

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 2:53 am

Today I printed off some documents in litigation class (LAW 230)...somebody printed the wrong ones so they grabbed mine from the printer...We have to pay ten cents a sheet to print by putting money into our college "iCards"....I had a dollars worth of documents stolen from me basically and was left with the thiefs originating wrong one.That person did not want to pay for their error so they took my papers and I ended up paying for it.

Also the other day, I was approached by a fellow classmate and asked about starting the legal assistant society...to fundraise toward graduation this year...I agreed, gave my email. etc.Today, some other girls got up and announced about commencement of the society.It seems to be that if you aren't part of the in crowd, if you take initiative and others catch wind, they will cut communication with you and start things on their own and turn it into an NT popularity contest....The classmate who approached me, was also kept out of the loop.She asked a few people but I guess those people turned around and commenced with the NT popularity thing.

I am under the impression that it is a sign that those who dont fit into the mold, should be put in their place and denied any opportunity whatsoever in taking initiative and becoming a leader. Makes me want to start a Principled Conservative group on campus just to spite them and take leadership on a different level.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 6:41 am

We had a similar system to your icards, in my uni. We uploaded money on to our student cards. Just a money making tool for the university I think. Anyway if you forget to reset the machine after you have printed, the next person (can knowingly) carry on using your credit. Most people I would think would not let an opportunity like that pass. Theft of property was also common place.

I was never part of the in crowd, at any stage in my life. It used to affect me quite badly even in uni. But now I don't really care. I'm not gonna become someone I don't like just to be acknowledged by people I probably won't like anyway. You're probably better off without them.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 12:34 am

I always reset it But what happened was, there was 10 people standing around the printer doing the same thing.Somebody printed the wrong thing and took the opportunity to grab my document and leave their's which was the wrong one.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 11:41 pm

wow, that's crazy. our copying works like that, but the printing is all online. luckily the school is so big, you don't need a clique, especially if you commute. it's a refreshing change.