I may have to leave too.

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 3:44 pm

I'm really beginning to hate this site. Calling it a support site is pure bulls***. Trolls get unbanned from chat just because they make a very manipulative thread complaining about it. The troll that made that thread about my chatroom behavior the other night filled it with lies making himself sound like a victim and me like a villian when he was guilty himself of malicious behavior, calling people "ignorant", acting arrogant, and making people uncomfortable when he was there because he implied they were "stupid." The regulars who come to chat (and not just the people who are supposedly "in a clique with me") and read my posts know that I'm a nice person and not the villian this troll made me out to be. Of course though, since he made a thread, he gets to continue to corrupt the chat. :roll:

I also noticed a lot of people leaving the forums, and I can see why. So much criticism and hate is going around this site. We've got bigots who think their nations are superior to other nations. We've also got people saying mean things to each other in the forums, and this is all allowed.

I must say that the site and chat are doing more harm than help for me, and possibly other people, though I can't speak for them. If this place continues to go downhill I won't be coming back. :( :cry:

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2006, 3:57 pm

Carla,

Please consider that it is a problem with some people and not the whole site. Not ever act of aggression or disparagement can be policed by the moderators. I would hate to find one less quirky person here.

Sacred Cows make the tastiest hambuger.

visualize whirled peas

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 5:33 pm

oatwillie wrote:
Carla,

Please consider that it is a problem with some people and not the whole site. Not ever act of aggression or disparagement can be policed by the moderators. I would hate to find one less quirky person here.

Indeed! And, also, it is an aspie trait to say things without realizing every possible nuance that might offend someone. The spark that lit the fire may have been unintentional. We have to be as tolerant of each other as we hope NTs will learn to be tolerant of us.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 6:20 pm

QuirkyCarla

I know how You feel sometimes. This site has grown a bit maybe to fast for its own good. I don't really know what say to You but I hope You will stay though. I don't know what happened in the chatroom since I was not their when it happened. I hope You stay though just give it some more time.

Your Friend

kevv729

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 10:23 pm

Hey Carla... keep in mind that the chat is a very different thing than the rest of the site. I've been in there a couple times and I really can't stand the atmosphere, so I haven't gone back. Different rules apply there than in a forum like this one... so yeah, if the rules suck there, just stay around here where I, for one, can say that you're definitely wanted.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 10:31 pm

No offense or anything, but the way you're acting in the chat now is exactly what a clique is, but it's more leaning towards the bitchy school girl behaviour. (I've seen enough of it for my entire year :P)

I don't have anything against cliques ;)

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 11:05 pm

Not really, I haven't turned anyone away from my chat. I know the people who don't like me won't go in there anyway.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 11:18 pm

I still haven't decided if I'm staying or not, we'll see how everything goes.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 11:19 pm

pyraxis wrote:
Hey Carla... keep in mind that the chat is a very different thing than the rest of the site. I've been in there a couple times and I really can't stand the atmosphere, so I haven't gone back. Different rules apply there than in a forum like this one... so yeah, if the rules suck there, just stay around here where I, for one, can say that you're definitely wanted.

Thanks pyraxis, but I'm afraid there are some people who don't want me here.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 11:27 pm

err.. It's more the concept of it. It's very clique like. Sorta like when school kids make little clubs and try and shove it in peoples faces.

I've noticed some very bitchy tendencies by certain members involving this, including the room being brought to our attention an awful lot that seems an awful lot like a snubbery.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 11:44 pm

I brought it up so anyone who wanted to could join. I would have only invited everyone there in pm's if it was some sort of childish club. It wasn't a snub in the least.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 12:15 am

Wern't you originally against the segregation of groups?

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 12:27 am

I'm not sure what you mean.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 1:39 am

take a break.
set bookmarks for the safer forums so you go straight there.
the more people come here, the more chaotic it will get. like a city.
i lived in new york city and survived by staying in safer places.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 5:38 am

From now on, at least for every negative comment, I will provide a supportive statement, if not for every person who needs support.

PoSt-pOsT-aNtE
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Feb 2006, 9:42 am

If you decide to leave this site please look after yourself. Whether you leave or not the following forums are supportive of all general mental health problems whether temporary (e.g. short-term period of isolated depression) or long-lasting (e.g. an eating disorder):

http://www.depressionforums.org/
http://www.wingofmadness.com/
http://www.walkers.org/
http://www.mixednuts.net/forum.html
http://www.trappedforums.com/